Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead pets (be careful when reading)

• 18-11-2004 11:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭

Recently I was walking along when I noticed a dead cat in the bushes near the road. She was perfectly in tact, still warm but definetly dead. With a lump in my throat I called the number on her collar, to my horror a little girl answered, I asked to speak to her parents and the awful task of explaining to her dad that the cat was dead and where she was. I waited for about 15 minutes but then i had to leave. The next day I went back to the spot and she was covered over with leaves but I dunno if it was the family or just the wind. I haven't been back since and I'm afraid to look in case she's still there. I guess what I wanna know is what would you do? If it was one of my cats and someone called to say they were dead I'd never stop looking for them til I'd brought them home.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I know what you mean.....one of my cats disappeared, he wasn't even very old :( It's terrible to think that I wont ever see him again because he was by far the nicest cat I've ever had......I'm all sad now :( I don't know what I could have done with him though, our backgarden can't be used for burial because it's been covered over. I hate it when your cat is sick or in pain and you can't do anything for him, they miaooww right at you and you can't help them :( Your are meant to be God and you can't help them at all. Thanks Nasty now I'm depressed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

Sorry hon, but I did say Be Careful When Reading ! Two of my previous cats disappeared too twas heart wreckin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

I got a phone call once from this guy. He asked me would a cat named Meg mean anything to me and I told him I have a cat named Meg, and asked was she alright. Unfortunately she'd run out in front of his car just outside my house and he couldn't avoid her. I started bawling and the guy was quite upset himself, apologising etc. Turned out he was a cat owner himself.
    I didn't blame him for it though. Unfortunately,these things happen. At least he had the decency to ring me. A few years previously, another of my cats was run over and the driver just kept going. It was the driver behind him who stopped to see if the cat was alright. Unfortunately, she wasn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Just remembered I had dreams about dead cats last night after reading this.

I found a decapitated cat once on a beach at Sutton. Wasn't very pleasent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

Its awful isn't it? I found a dead puppy with no collar that had been washed up on the shore so I buried it. Worst ever was when I saw a dead fox on the road and on the way back there was a dead cub on the other side of the road. God I'm sorry I started this thread now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yeah, you did the right thing contacting the owner, nothing more you could have really done. It's always sad finding dead animals, especially pets as you know there's (a chance there is) someone that cares about them and is wondering where they are :(

Advertisement