Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting a case ?

Options
  • 18-11-2004 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Is there any way of painting a case from the standard Beige to say Black ?

Also is it possible to do a monitor case ?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

This has been asked a few times and someone threw up some really nice sites(please put them up again) but in the end it fell to google i think :rolleyes:

But a sticky or a part in a thread would be nice or even a forum inside this one would be class too.Any views kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

yes you can paint it, some nice spray paint and some lacquer (dont forget to turn off the pc and disassemble) as for the monitor, the lump of plastic around the screen can be taken off for the same effect...for the lacquer and paint any good motor factor usually have a good range of colours

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Not sure how you would go about painting it but make sure you apply thin layers of paint, to much and it could start dripping and it would take longer to dry.
    I shall repeat: APPLY THIN LAYERS OF PAINT
    You will get a far better finish that way trust me.

Jozi

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

watch out if you're doing anything plasticy using spray cans, sometimes the plastic will melt, depending on the material it's made of, so try somewhere you can't see first and see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Think I'll just buy one instead...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

iMax wrote:
    Think I'll just buy one instead...
    Ah thats defeatest man, wer's the fun in buying 1?? :) i will defo be sprayin my rig 2, get some cool designs on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

be carefull opening a monitor, i hear they are very dangerous when the back is taken off, something about stored up voltage i think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Yep they are, the wire that goes into the back is about 1000+ volts, i used to repair them, u have to discharge them 1st

Advertisement