Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Jackal - Play games without CD's!

Options
  • 19-11-2004 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried this?

http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/3/6/3-6-11.shtml

I read a good review of it in PC Gamer - I've feck all games installed after a recent Windows reinstall, but I'm tired of using no cd racks as then I can't update the game without a whole load of hassle and it sometimes interferes with online play - I'll be trying this download over the next week or so - but has anyone used it and what are their experiences? Anyone use the full version?

thanks

B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

there a loads of free versions of this type of software to create virtual drives...they are handy when you cough cough backing up dvds and you run out of dvds...you can mount the iso and watch/play your game as if it was a cd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Sounds exactly like Alcohol 120% is it different in any significant way? Some new games can tell that you are using Alcoo.....kinda annoying :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

Alcohol isnt great for -backing up- dvd but its the best for cds

Actually does that thing do dvds good?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Some new games can tell that you are using Alcoo.....kinda annoying :D

Thats so annoying, farcry wouldnt run untill i took clone CD off my PC, Not just stop it running but i actually had to uninstall everything. That cant be legal can it?

Sean

Advertisement