Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Comics

Options
  • 19-11-2004 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

I am currently in the middle of a move and thinking about selling some of my comics.

Its a pretty random selection, kid eternity, books of magic, 2000ad, judg dread megazine, swampthing, sandman etc etc.

Would anyone have any advice of what the best way to sell these might be or know anyone who buys comics, they are all in pretty good nick and there is a good few full collections in there.

Any help offerered is much appreciated

Best

Stonecold

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I note that you're based in Cork - I know that Vibes & Scribes (just off MacCurtain Street) have a second hand comics section downstairs who would most likely take them off your hands so long as they're in a reasonable condition. Or you could try Other Realms (don't think you'll get very far tbh, but it's worth a try).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 DJPJ

You're better off trying to find a buyer yourself than selling them to a second hand shop. The shops will only give you a few cents per comic and would hardly make it worth your while dragging the stuff into town!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Emmett

If you fancy a trip to Dublin ,you could get a table at the Dublin Comic and Toy Convention on the 18th December. Tables start from just 20 euros....pm me for more details. If you have decent comics you'll get the best money for them that way. Another alternative (but a lot more hassel in my opinion) is selling on ebay. I sold my comics this way for years but it's too much effort for each small sale if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Why not ask at the For Sale section or try the Buy & Sell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 antenor

What Swamp Thing issues do you have and how much?. I would be interested in purchasing some however i'm located in the Big Smoke and would not consider mailing. Maybe the next time your in dublin i could take them off your hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Antenor send him a mail or a PM - He's asked for suggestions on how to sell, which can be of help to other users here, but I don't want this to turn into a for sale discussion on what he has and what he can sell it for.

If it turns into that kind of discussion I may need to lock this thread as well and offer to send him PMs only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 antenor

sorry, sure.

Advertisement