Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Contract phones

Options
  • 19-11-2004 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone

Does anyone know if the contract phones from Meteor are locked to the network or SIM free? changing to 6230 today or so and wanted to get a O2 PaySim and was wondering can I use the same phone??

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭ferryman

I'm not 100% sure, but I'd put my money on them being locked to the network. I know for sure that their PAYG handsets are definitely locked. Given that some of their handsets are Meteor branded (Meteor music at startup/Meteor logo), it's an extremely strong possibility that they are.
    Hope this helps
    Ciaran

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

I got a Nokia 6100 and it wasn't locked to the Meteor network....howver just go here if you want to unlock it....
    Best bet go into them or ring em and ask....1905

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Celticwarrior

ferryman wrote:
    I'm not 100% sure, but I'd put my money on them being locked to the network. I know for sure that their PAYG handsets are definitely locked. Given that some of their handsets are Meteor branded (Meteor music at startup/Meteor logo), it's an extremely strong possibility that they are.
    Hope this helps
    Ciaran
    When i bought my Nokia 6600 on PAYG from them it was unlocked as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

as already said, depends on the phone, most of the higher spec nokias arent network locked. But you can get it unlocked if on contract with them same as with vodafone - although this is a little bit of a time consuming process having said that.

Best bet is to ask them prior to buying just to make sure they havent put any timescale on getting unlocked if no contract eg 3 months or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

all the motorola meteor ones are locked definately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

hate to disaggree with u but bought a motorola e365 on meteor payg and it was unlocked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

From my experience all contract phones tend to be unlocked.

Advertisement