Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Magic Eye/Digisender Question - Help!

• 19-11-2004 10:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭

Hi

I'm looking for some advice please. I have 2 Sky boxes at home, one of which is piped through the house via coax. Since I ordered the second sky subscription, I want to be able to remotely control the signal from other rooms as follows: 1st Sky Box (on coax) to Bedroom 1; Second Sky Box (no coax) to Bedroom 2.

Would a standard Magic Eye for the first box and a wireless digieye for the second box be a good setup? I don't want a situation where any box could be controlled from any room, just a straight link from Sky Box 1 to Bedroom 1 and Sky Box 2 to Bedroom 2.

Also, would the signals interfere with each other using this setup?

All help is appreciated.

Thanks

Lpfsox :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Sounds like that should work just fine. there's no way that the signals could interfere with each other cos you'd be operating them in different rooms, and IR signals are not know to go too far through walls. I've never seen the wireless magic eye, but I have used the regular TvLink though. Assuming the wireless one works like the regular one then you should be sorted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

appreciate that Kenmc - thanks for your help.

Advertisement