Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Band Aid

Options
  • 19-11-2004 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

What does anyone think of the new Band Aid single?

Maybe its because I've grown up listening to the original, but the new version is crap!

Anyone else think so? Even Bono has gone OTT trying to better the original.

Inevitably it does not work. What thinks the rest of you?

Al
    Happiness is not happiness without a violin playing goat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 olly

Totally agree, it was a big mistake to cover that song even if it is for charity. They should have recorded a different song coz there's no way they could do a better version than the original.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Yup , I agree !

If it aint broke dont fix it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

yeah its an awful song. surprised me a bit though, cause there are some good musicians involved.

thom yorke on piano
    jonny greenwood - guitar
    macca - bass
    and obviously some good singers as well.

but it just didn't work, did it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

yeah its an awful song. surprised me a bit though, cause there are some good musicians involved.

thom yorke on piano
    jonny greenwood - guitar
    macca - bass
    and obviously some good singers as well.

but it just didn't work, did it?

Yeah Macca on bass, a truely great bassist is the Macca.
    (note: I'm being sarcastic!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Beerbreath

Macca's a fantastic bass player. You need your ears cleaned mate. But you probably don't know much about musicianship.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

The origonal was crap this version is even worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

I just cant believe they found a way to make this song any worse than it already was.Both will get huge airplay as the first one does every christmas and I'll hate it just as much as I do every year!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

I haven't heard the new version, I don't expect much though.

Although I am intrigued that Dizzee Rascal is in it. :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Havent heard it either, and the clip on the BBC website is only the first 31 seconds of the song, so where is everyone hearing this song, what station is playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

thought it sounded terrible. Far worse than the original.

And McCartney is a supoib base player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

its kinda gromwing on me the more i hear it. It would be a lot better if the awful dizee rascal wasnt in it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I saw Band Aid 20 for the first time on one of the music channels yesterday, oh my god what a disaster of a song. You can't even hear the singers sing because the backing music is too loud! They changed the melody as well, and then they go in and put Dizzie Rascal rapping in it, like what the hell!?! What kind of a Christmas song has rapping in it! Even Bono's piece is disgraceful. I like the original, they should have just left it the way it is. If they expect it to be five weeks at number 1 like they wanted it to be, well they can think again!

Advertisement