Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Hi-fi/midi system

Options
  • 19-11-2004 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum - but it is music question after all...

I have all of my music collection transferred onto MP3, now I'm wonderign if I could buy a midi system capable of playing DVD's (for the MP3's only, don't need a image output)??

Anyone know?

Cheers!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

If you mean you have your mp3s burned on to a DVD-/+R then there are a systems out there that will work. Before I'd recommend any, I'd say make sure the system will playback the format of DVD (- or +) you use.

Technics do a kickass 5 dvd changer system. Not 100% sure if it's DVD-R compatible but since it's new to the market it most likely is. I think the system goes for atound the €700 mark.
    There are also a lot of dvd receivers out there that have mp3/jpg decoders installed. Again I'm not 100% sure if they'll read them from DVD-Rs, but the guy in the shop will be able to tell you that. These receivers come with 6 speakers and radio and are a pretty good system. Pay anywhere from €250-€1000+ for them.

BTW there's a Home Entertainment forum somewhere on here...

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

If you already have a decent hifi with Aux inputs, maybe just buy a standard DVD player as most of these will play MP3 too! Just make sure you get one with LED screen so you can see what track it plays. Otherwise, I'd agree with Wertz on the Technics one. I don't own one but they look the business :)

Advertisement