Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GUI for c++ program

Options
  • 19-11-2004 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

Hi.I'm implementing a packet sniffer in C++ for a college project and i was wondering how hard it is to build a Gui over a C++ program and whats the best way to go about it.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

if you're programming in windows then use MSDev to build on using MFC. It's a bit tricky to get your head around it, but there are wizards which will do most of it for you. If you're in Linux land, try using KDevelop or some other IDE - they generally all provide frameworks for ya.
    K

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

I would recommend Borland c++ Builder4 over MS Visual C++, in Borland C++ Builder 4 its just a mater of Drag and drop. building a GUI is as simple as it is in VB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 paulinimus

..I would use Trolltech.
    It has an excellent manual which is all you will ever need to write what you want. You can deign visually or by hand. Doing it by hand is made easier with the manual. I recently put together a front end for a Dedicated server. I have WineX and discovered that I could use it to get th Ground Control II dedicated server working fine. The DS came with no front end for windows but I have now created one for Linux. The libraries in Qt's Trolltech were great for this - I reccommend it..

http://www.trolltech.com/

Advertisement