Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN string question

Options
  • 19-11-2004 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know the extra settings string for ISDN, where you can input your access password.

I found it somewhere last week and used it successfully, but i can't for the life of me remember where i found it or what it is :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Azezil,

When you mention access password, are you talking about CHAP/PPP authentication, or is there another authentication.

Jayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

yeah, chap/ppp/mlppp

logging onto the net, username and pwd, you can enter the pwd with a string... may be specific to one TA, i'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Location: A small dank pit in the lower recesses of the human mind.
    I thought that exchange was DSL enabled?

Anyhoo. What the hell are you talking about?

At least tell us what number/who you're dialling for Internet access. IOL? Esat? UTV? Other? For 'free' numbers there tends to be either no username/password or something stupid. Failing that, you could ring the ISP support crowd and ask them.

Those details aren't necessary...

But if you must know, yes a username and password is required.

I work for an ISP, i thought it might help a case i had yesterday :P

And I asked people here, a couple heard of it but can't remember it either... its not commonly used.

azezil wrote:
    I work for an ISP, i thought it might help a case i had yesterday :P
    God dammmmmit azezil you're gone soft, you aren't supposed to help the customers :D

• Advertisement

ah found the string w0oT *\o/*

at**chappwd=userspassword

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

So you were trying to set up MLPPP with an ISDN T/A? The command might vary from T/A to T/A.

Advertisement