Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam in SaLzburg

Options
  • 15-06-2000 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

Yes I saw em in concert in Dublin. It was my first time seeing live and they were amazing.

I went with a few lads who had seen 'en the last time they were here but they all said they were way better this time.

I'd have to say it was the best concert I have ever been to.....I am a big P.J. fan though. They played a great mix of old and new, and played so good as a band, you'd know they'd been together for almost ten years. in a word amazing........you'll love the concert.

Eddie even did an auld stage dive at the end, the crowd went nut biggrin.gif

As for th new album "Binaural", excellent. They played four or five from the new album and when played live you really appreciate the quality of the new album. Unless a pure Pearl Jam fan may be more of an aquired taste, but I don't see how anyone who listens to the album could not like it.

I'd go see them again tomorrow if I could smile.gif

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I saw 'em in Dublin. I'm not a huge PJ fan, but I really like the new album (bought it) and have heard other albums loads of times.

'Twas a good gig, but I've been to way better (Therapy in the Olympia a few months back 0wned! All that said, I've been listening to loads of really heavy stuff as of late, so that's swaying my judgement slightly. smile.gif

D'you get a pink armband Pretence??? I got mine tongue.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

I'm heading to see Pearl Jam in Salzbug, Austria and I'm fair looking forward to it, cannot wait bai.

Anyone go to the concert in Dublin?

Any good?

What about the new album?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Pretence

Yes I did biggrin.gif.
    Jumping around that pit... had to go for oxygen, tis handy smile.gif

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Deadly, I'm getting all excited, Pearl Jam are playing Salzburg this Sunday and I'm going with some friends, cannot wait!!!...all this waiting for years and now I finally get to see them, wohoo!

I'll slap up something about the concert when I get back next Monday.

I saw Metallica and REM in Dublin last year, both deadly, also the Devlins in Limerick, but I've faith in PJ to unclass the lot of them.My aim is to get up on the stage and crowd surf.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Originally posted by BossArky:
    My aim is to get up on the stage and crowd surf.

There isn't ususally much of a crowd on the stage unless it's Slipknot you're watching smile.gif

Enjoy it Boss - I hope it's better than the Dublin one (which, overall was a bit of a let down for me).

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Advertisement
Advertisement