Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modem different of same?

• 19-11-2004 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭

Hi

Just got my self install pack from Esat BT IOL. Comes with the Zyxel Prestige 623R-T1 modem.

I’ve switched from eircom to Esat but still have all the eircom modem and wiring, was with them from the start so I own this stuff.

Two questions:
    a. Can I use the eircom modem and just configure the Esat broadband account to run form it, therefore saving a lot of hassle?
    b. Do I want to do this? In other words is the Esat modem a better modem/set-up given that my Ethernet modem from eircom is nearly two year old now (not sure the make as I’m in work at the moment I know its royal blue and was the one available for connection to the computer via LAN cable not USB)

Can in advance for the help.

Kind Regards,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

You can configure your eircom modem to connect if it is configurable.
    You need VPI & VCI setting, PPPoE and LLC, username and pass.
    If you can use all that information if it applies to the eircom modem.

Whichever you prefer is grand.
    If you need any help just ask.

Advertisement