Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Goldberg hate mail

• 19-11-2004 2:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭

Forget hating Triple-H HBK or JBL.

I'm writing in to ask what you think of Goldberg.I mean heres a guy who follows his own hype too much and is unwilling to concede or do jobs.

He feels he's a cut above the rest and is "the man".I think Goldberg hasn't realized that WCW is dead and buried and that just because he had his way in WCW doesn't mean he had to get it in WWE.Goldberg loves himself and has no passion for the wrestling business that made him.

He's so upset with the way his "character" was handled that he has fallen out with Stone Cold because Austin is on good terms with Vince and the WWE.Who else thinks that Goldberg sucks and was a waste of time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

I like Goldberg, i think he's class, 'tis a pity he wouldn't stay in WWE. Of course he may be in assh0le in real life, but so are loads of wrestlers. I hate the way bret hart has been made a focking saint for not putting HBK over that night but Goldberg is evil because he wants to protect his characters legacy and not job to many people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Goldberg is, was and always will be a waste of space in the ring. No wrestling talent, piss poor moves and no mic skills whats so ever. He was one of many mistakes the WWE made due to Vince being obsessed with big guys regardless of there level of talent. Recent interviews with him about his bit part in some new war movie being made make him sound like the star of the picture and not the 60 second camio player he really is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭bob sexington

this guy's an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!
    the man cant work.he ended brets career and hurt however many else's.he certainly does believe his own hype., and what hype.he's manipulated so many promoters in to letting him work out his own schedules.
    and 1998 was the biggest joke of them all, when he was champ,and refused to face jericho(who was the hottest heel in wcw that year)caus he didnt do comedy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

the guy is an asshole.i dont think he is even cut out for making films.bret hart is a legend and the best wrestler period.but now thats all finished and we cant see another match from this great athlete.

goldberg roars and growls.i mean is he supposed to be some sort of a dog.goldberg is a no talent piece of ****.wwe's worse mistake.he's a "looked good on paper" sort of person.

However saying this i liked his feud with Brock Lesnar.but i say gholdberg won because jobbing to Lesnar would ruin his charaacter forever...right?? i dont think so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I heard rumours that before Lesnar told the WWE he was going to play football,that he was scheduled to pin Goldberg cleanly by hitting several F5's and a jackhammer.I don't know if it is true but it would've been great. :D

• Advertisement

I cant stand Goldberg either . Not only is he an Asswhole but he is also a terrible worker. Dangerous in the ring even more dangerous outside of the ring . I love the story about him and Jericho . Aparrently Goldberg was bad-mouthing Jericho and Jericho got wind of it . When he confronted Goldberg about it ,Goldberg automatically went into character snarlding and panting only to be choked out by Jericho with a front headlock.
    Jericho learned this move in the Harts dungion. Bret Hart was only to happy invite Goldberg to the Dungion to train.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

Bill greenberg is not the man never will be the man and got exposed in WWE as to what he really is a no talent bum!Hey the man does not do comedy no wonder Hall took the piss out of him in 99 when he was not supposed to.Like the other assholes in this buisness Goldberg can do what he likes and has a handsome deal in Japan where he only has to wrestle a couple of matches per year.I just hope he does not come back.HAK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

he ended brets career

Thats a reason to congratulate the guy in my honest opinion! :D
    VR!

Thats a reason to congratulate the guy in my honest opinion! :D
    VR!

Your a sad man . Or mabey a stupid kid.

No, i just had enough of Bret Hart;s whining by the time Starrcade 99 rolled around.
    VR!

• Advertisement

to be honust, its not bret doing the whinging, its people like you!!!!!!!!

to be honust, its not bret doing the whinging, its people like you!!!!!!!!

ooOOOooo! *wiggles fingers in Scott Hall type mockery fashion* look at all the Bret fans come crawling out of the woodwork.

Fave it, he thought he was too big for the business, Vince put him in his place and his career went on a downward spiral. Now he's dressing up as Aladdin! His WCW matches paled in comparison, he'd 2 good ones with Benoit and one good one with Sting, and thats it.

I'm not whinging, i'm merely pointing out the facts. Deal with it guys.
    VR!

bret was in wcw for 3 years,and only wrestled for 2, caus an idot kicked him in the head,while old hbk was in his sick bed.and bret just so happens to be in alladin, caus he wants to be, and can afford to.he's one of the few people who's been able to leave the business,and stay out, with the exception of wwa for a few show, while a people like hbk and flair and hogan cant leave it caus its all they know.

bret was in wcw for 3 years,and only wrestled for 2, caus an idot kicked him in the head,while old hbk was in his sick bed.and bret just so happens to be in alladin, caus he wants to be, and can afford to.he's one of the few people who's been able to leave the business,and stay out, with the exception of wwa for a few show, while a people like hbk and flair and hogan cant leave it caus its all they know.

He's stayed out because he has no choice!
    He's in Aladdin because it's pretty much all he can do at this stage.
    I'm no Goldberg fan, but thats not primarily why he's out of the business. Bret's had a stroke since, so he'd probably have had to retire anyway, but i guess you're gonna blame Goldberg on that too, right?

HBK has proven that he still has good matches, when he wants to, but hey, to quote someone here, it's because he wants to and can afford to. ;)

I'll agree with you on Flair and Hogan, no way are they a main event draw now.
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

I think Flair is still good.....and as for Bret Hart he's The Best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be. He could wrestle and seemed to have a very clean cut technique, looked very polished in the ring which is rare to find, I think Jericho is very similar only he seems to have some off days but to give him the benefit of the doubt over the last few years he's worked with some pretty talentless individual which does not include Captain Charisma! I've been a peep for years now, funniest guy in WWE, I just laugh at him walking to ring....good stuff

P.S Goldberg sucked in WCW and he sucked in WWE and will more than likely suck anywhere he tries to wrestle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Bret's had a stroke since, so he'd probably have had to retire anyway, but i guess you're gonna blame Goldberg on that too, right?

Well, yeah. If Bret had never received the career-ending concussion from Goldberg, his brain wouldn't have been so succeptible to a stroke. I wouldn't think personally that he'd still be wrestling regularly at this stage, but I wouldn't have put it past him to have had a few high-profile matches once WCW was bought.

he was good in wcw caus it was different.someone besides the nwo were gettin a push.he was fresh, but if you watch closely, there was no wrestling involved.he a 3 move wonder....and spitting, shouting your next, and shouting hak, doesnt make you good on the mic!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Goldberg can't work for **** and everyone knows it. And on camera for promos and stuff he's like a plank of wood.

he was good in wcw caus it was different.someone besides the nwo were gettin a push.he was fresh,

I'll agree here, during the whole NWO era. One guy in WCW got a push, and that was Goldberg. Sadly, they threw all their eggs in one basket with him. Brets best days were long gone by the time he came to WCW, and everyone knows it (but refuses to acknowledge it), and thats where the favour comment went in. All he was good for at that point were whiny promos with the occasional match with Benoit. Bret had to carry Goldberg for their matches.

Goldberg had one outstanding match in WWE, and that was with DDP at Havoc 98.

VR!

I would say that Brets Career was on a downward spiral going into WcW , It was WcW that put him into the downward spiral . With some terrible booking , Hulk hogan, Hall and Nash running the show backstage , sure Bret debut was terrible , no thought put into it at all.
    As for Bret playing aladin so what he cant wrestle anymore . Unlike Goldberg who can wrestle but is making an Adam Sandler movie ? ? That might be up there with the Universal soldier the return and Ready to Rumble .
    Bret is still widly wanted by wrestling shows around the world just to make an appearence and still gets paid for that and i am pretty sure Vince will bring him back for a Wrestlemania .
    Lets just face it , Goldberg was top dog in a second rate Federation. He has no were near achieved what Bret has , and never will. He was found out when he went to the WWE. He was bood out of the ring at wrestlemania whilst being a face .

• Advertisement

Lets just face it , Goldberg was top dog in a second rate Federation. He has no were near achieved what Bret has , and never will. He was found out when he went to the WWE. He was bood out of the ring at wrestlemania whilst being a face .

A second rate federation where he almost jumped to to be the third man for the NWO. But as per usual, Bret blew it because he too the business too personal, and stayed with WWE for less money when he'd already taken six months off. He should have known that six months is too long to take off and sulk when that was gonna be the first year for WWE to have a monthly PPV!

When he came back, HBK was more over than he was when Bret left, and Austin was on a rise. And he expected just to walk back in and pick up where he left off? Again, Bret only has himself to blame there. His popularity diminished, and you can't deny that ever since Wrestlemania 12.

Goldberg had one good match in WWE, and that was at Backlash 03 against The Rock, the ring work wasn't there but the psychology was. But EVERYONE knew that wouldn't work out, in fact he could have bailed earlier, hed one match left on his contract, he sat it out til Wrestlemania.

And keep dreaming about Bret returning at Wrestlemania, he was invited in 2002, 2003 and he turned them down cos he's too stubborn, who knows what his reasons where for turning 2004 down! He missed the boat again with 2002 being in Toronto and all, he could have made an appearance alone that could have put the Hogan wrestlemania comeback to shame. But he's kicking himself now!

VR!

"A second rate federation where he almost jumped to to be the third man for the NWO. But as per usual, Bret blew it because he too the business too personal, and stayed with WWE for less money when he'd already taken six months off. He should have known that six months is too long to take off and sulk when that was gonna be the first year for WWE to have a monthly PPV!"

So you are saying that WCW wasnt a second rate federation ? ? They were a ffederation with money to throw around and yes the Hogan becoming the NWO's 3rd member was a good story line and did shock the croud , but lets face it as far as story lines go thats all they really had and the milked it to the last drop, so much so that it practically killed the WCW, and with regards turning down the money to stay with the WWF, from what i heard there was a difference of 5 mil and he still didnt go . That comes into play also . Sure look at the talent the WCW had and they didnt know what to do with . HHH, Mick Foley ,The Undertaker ,Steve Austin. That is only 4 wrestlers that the WCW had that the WWF made millions from and what also helped put the WCW out of business. Of course your career will go down the tubes going to a company that doesnt know their arse from their elbow.

Goldberg had one good match in WWE, and that was at Backlash 03 against The Rock, the ring work wasn't there but the psychology was. But EVERYONE knew that wouldn't work out, in fact he could have bailed earlier, hed one match left on his contract, he sat it out til Wrestlemania.

Wow 1 good match ? ? ? Could it be the fact that this was a "what if" situation ? Like what if Superman faught Spiderman . As you said it wasnt the fact that he was a good wrestler it was more an anticipation for a match everybody was dreaming about for years.

When he came back, HBK was more over than he was when Bret left, and Austin was on a rise. And he expected just to walk back in and pick up where he left off? Again, Bret only has himself to blame there. His popularity diminished, and you can't deny that ever since Wrestlemania 12.

HBK is a great wrestler and at that stage he was going to get bigger and bigger if Bret was there or not and at that stage taking 6 months off didnt diminish Bret popularity , come on !! It was after that Bret started getting bigger. Not only that it was the feud between Bret and Steve Austin that really gave Austin a name for himself and people started to stand up and take notice .

I think the fact of the matter is you say that Bret is a moaner . I say Bret is not a puppet and stands up for him self in a business that can just eat you up.
    Goldberg was a puppet , but now he has built up his name so much he does believe his own hype and still cant wrestle for 2hit .He is just not a premiership player.

if the wrestlemania xx match with Goldberg ended with brock using multiple f5 and a jackhammer it would have been a better finish and made the match more credible and entertaining.

in addition i think a brock win with that ending would have been a perfect storyline for goldbergs departure angle while brock would sell out to the nfl.

plus it would have made more sense if brock won and stone cold raised his hand and gave him a stunner then stone cold would help goldberg up and give him a stunner

So you are saying that WCW wasnt a second rate federation ? ? They were a ffederation with money to throw around and yes the Hogan becoming the NWO's 3rd member was a good story line and did shock the croud , but lets face it as far as story lines go thats all they really had and the milked it to the last drop, so much so that it practically killed the WCW, and with regards turning down the money to stay with the WWF, from what i heard there was a difference of 5 mil and he still didnt go . That comes into play also . Sure look at the talent the WCW had and they didnt know what to do with . HHH, Mick Foley ,The Undertaker ,Steve Austin. That is only 4 wrestlers that the WCW had that the WWF made millions from and what also helped put the WCW out of business. Of course your career will go down the tubes going to a company that doesnt know their arse from their elbow.

WCW also didn't have a clue what to do with Bret, hence his career went further down the spiral. But the fact of the matter is, for two years WCW weakened WWE, raided their talent, then destroyed them in the ratings and then still continued to give WWE a run for their money. Nitro crippled RAW 82 weeks in a row (although Bischoff would have you believe 84, the stats proved differently, but still an impressive streak).

Btw, i love the way you mention those four when all that happened in an era where big men ruled the roost. Foley wasn't big enough and in the end was a glorified stuntman. He was ahead of his time, no doubt. But that style didn't hit either promotion until ECW went hardcore in the mid 90s, HHH was nothing special until Michaels gave him the rub, Austin had to have a complete makeover before he got anywhere and as for Undertaker, what has he done of notice in the last few years? Jack ****! Why don't you mention Saturn, Malenko, Rey Mysterio, Ultimo Dragon. They were made by WCW (yeah, they came from ECW, a real second rate federation with no financial backing to progress as a corporation run out of the basement of Paul Heyman's mom's house, but WCW's exposure is what got them the popularity they received. And WWE dropped the ball with them within months of coming over to WWE.

That part of your argument is flawed due to the fact that WWE are STILL continuing to do this with the likes of RVD, Steven Richards, even Tommy Dreamer was made out to look like a circus freak in his intro promo's, drinking toilet water etc...
    Wow 1 good match ? ? ? Could it be the fact that this was a "what if" situation ? Like what if Superman faught Spiderman . As you said it wasnt the fact that he was a good wrestler it was more an anticipation for a match everybody was dreaming about for years.

Hey, it draws cash, something Bret failed to do in the last few years of his career! Hogan Vs Rock at WMX8 drew bigtime, but the match was complete crap! But all the marks out there see it as a wrestlemania moment. While Jericho V HHH had a brilliant match afterward but the crowd was dead because Rock and Hogan gave them everything they wanted!
    HBK is a great wrestler and at that stage he was going to get bigger and bigger if Bret was there or not and at that stage taking 6 months off didnt diminish Bret popularity , come on !! It was after that Bret started getting bigger. Not only that it was the feud between Bret and Steve Austin that really gave Austin a name for himself and people started to stand up and take notice .

Bret was getting bigger? Thats why he headlined Wrestlemania 13 right? Wrong, Thats why he was shuffled to midcard for most of 97 except for Canadian Stampede, Summerslam 97 and Survivor Series 97, while stuck with the likes of The Patriot for half the year. Now if thats your definition of being bigger. Then he would have been better off being an NWO member in 96!
    I think the fact of the matter is you say that Bret is a moaner . I say Bret is not a puppet and stands up for him self in a business that can just eat you up.
    Goldberg was a puppet , but now he has built up his name so much he does believe his own hype and still cant wrestle for 2hit .He is just not a premiership player.

Bret was a puppet though, his career was pretty much sacrificed for the good of HBK and Steve Austin. When he came back, he launched Steve Austin and HBK as two of the biggest heels of it's time, after that he was of bugger all use. Why? Because McMahon saw that he was getting stale. Bret's work from 96-97 didn't justify his 20 year contract (especially seeing as he was 39 when he was signed, do you really wanna see him wrestle at 59 like Flair is doing now?)

Goldberg on the other hand never claimed to be a great wrestler, he was a football player. Goldberg didn't build himself, WCW gave him such an amazing winning streak which nobody forgot because it was something new, something different than the NWO kicking the crap out of everyone. What happened with Bret V Goldberg where Bret was left with a concussion was an accident.

Man, if i was to say I hated Owen Hart (which i don't) for breaking Steve Austin's neck causing him to not be able to wrestle technically again, you and every other Hart mark would jump right down my throat! Accidents happen, deal with it, Bret's gone from the ring, live with it. Boxing fans got over Ali. Why can't the marks get over Bret?!

VR!

blackbelt wrote:
    if the wrestlemania xx match with Goldberg ended with brock using multiple f5 and a jackhammer it would have been a better finish and made the match more credible and entertaining.

in addition i think a brock win with that ending would have been a perfect storyline for goldbergs departure angle while brock would sell out to the nfl.

Problem there is nobody gave two hoots about that match, there were much more stellar matches on the card such as the triple threat and eddie vs angle. Everyone knew it was Goldberg's last match and Brock leaving was no longer a national security secret. Brock was also getting boring at that point and a lot of people lost respect for his attitude about dropping the belt to Eddie.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I always found Goldberg very entertaining, after all that's what it is, entertainment. He was never billed as a man of a thousand moves but he wasn’t exactly Jay Leno either, he done exactly what it said on the tin, just like other former champs who were also very entertaining but had less than a dozen moves - Hogan, Warrior, Andre, Nash, Sid, Yokozuna.If you watch wrestling purely for the great skill that's fine, but i enjoy watching a guy if he has a good look/gimmick and if he can talk. Granted Goldberg can't talk but the image he portrayed on screen made up for it as far as I’m concerned. You could argue anyone would look impressive if they are given a 100 match winning streak or whatever it was, but could someone like Spike or Taijiri pull it off? No, because they just wouldn’t look believable, Goldberg did as far as I’m concerned. As far as Bishoff and Vince were concerned as well obviously.

As for his kick to Bret, yeah I didn’t exactly thank him for it, and I’m a huge Bret fan, but Bret obviously didn’t think he was a liability to get in the ring with him in the first place, plus he worked with him after that with that burying in the desert angle so he didn’t hold it against him too much. As someone mentioned, accidents do happen, like Owen/Austin or Kidman/Chavo, was it held against them? Goldberg wasn’t shelving guy’s week in week out.

And all this slagging of Bret , as a whinger , sore loser and has been, i think he was entertaining right up to the day he quit , he was top dog in WWF right up until Montreal, and he done the best he could with what he was given in WCW. And all the complaining he done about Montreal , Owen's death , Goldberg ,Flair , whatever , has been on either his website or newspaper column or that Wrestling with Shadows documentary , for people who want to hear what he has to say. If you don't like it, don't read it. Any of his on screen complaining with WCW, was sanctioned and scripted by WCW, so if you don't like that, blame WCW not Bret.

D-FENS wrote:
    As for his kick to Bret, yeah I didn’t exactly thank him for it, and I’m a huge Bret fan, but Bret obviously didn’t think he was a liability to get in the ring with him in the first place, plus he worked with him after that with that burying in the desert angle so he didn’t hold it against him too much. As someone mentioned, accidents do happen, like Owen/Austin or Kidman/Chavo, was it held against them? Goldberg wasn’t shelving guy’s week in week out.

Well it's about time someone around here agreed with me on that. I'm so sick and tired of hearing Bret marks going on about Goldberg retired Bret... Goldberg retired Bret. Bret Bret Bret, bleeewwwgh!

Ok, now that's out of my system. The problem is Bret fans hang on his every word. Fans were with Goldberg still after the kick because Bret said he'd no bad feeling, then it was an accident. Then when Goldberg said he wasn't sorry for what happened, Bret changed his tune and the fans went along with him, like a bunch of sheep. Same with the Dynamite Kid, until his book came along, all of a sudden, to the gospel of Jesus B. Hart, Dynamite Kid is a dick, and the sheep all follow.

Back on point, i found Goldberg very entertaining for his WCW work, but WWE work was crap. He has more than 3 moves btw, as i mentioned before, dig out the Goldberg V DDP match from Halloween Havoc 98.

VR!

Im not talking any more about this but the fact about this thread was Goldberg hate mail ,and you were the one who came out with the brilliant comment praising Goldberg for giving the Hitman concussion and havng to retire .................

"Thats a reason to congratulate the guy in my honest opinion!"

I would love to see you go up to any pro wrestler and say that comment to them . You know you would get a right telling off .

Mistakes do happen in wrestling the one with Owen and Steve Austin was a bad one but the difference there was own had a great safty record Goldberg didnt. Owen was a great wrestler Goldberg wasnt . This thread was the Goldberg hate thread . Well i dont hate the guy and i dont wish him any harm when he does wrestle.

But lets face it your like a Blackburn Rovers Fan trying to prove Manchester Utd were a bad team over the last 10 years .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 34all

i think goldberg is the biggest ass whole in the wwe Goldberg SUCKS !!!!!!!!

Mistakes do happen in wrestling the one with Owen and Steve Austin was a bad one but the difference there was own had a great safty record Goldberg didnt. Owen was a great wrestler Goldberg wasnt . This thread was the Goldberg hate thread . Well i dont hate the guy and i dont wish him any harm when he does wrestle.

But lets face it your like a Blackburn Rovers Fan trying to prove Manchester Utd were a bad team over the last 10 years .

How many people did Goldberg put out of business before Bret exactly?
    C'mon, count em!

Bottom line is, you love Bret, I don't, i always felt he was over-rated and the best thing to happen for him was that to pull the plug on the shell of what was left of his career. I hate Goldberg as well, but i'm sick of people giving him **** for putting Bret out, an accident's an accident.

F*cks sake!
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

six people, he put six people out before Bret, it just isn't well know as the matches weren't on TV.

I'd like to know who these 6 people were.

All those who bash the hitman on these threads are probably people who lost to him on smackdown vs raw and never got over it :-)

If Goldberg wants to be a dog then let him,I hope for his sake that the RSPCA dont catch up with him or the wwe or any other company involved with Goldberg

blackbelt wrote:
    I'd like to know who these 6 people were.

All those who bash the hitman on these threads are probably people who lost to him on smackdown vs raw and never got over it :-)

If Goldberg wants to be a dog then let him,I hope for his sake that the RSPCA dont catch up with him or the wwe or any other company involved with Goldberg

Actually Bret was the first i unlocked. He was also the last CAW I made in HCTP. I'll admit I hate Bret, but i'll always respect what he did for the business. On a side note, a mate of mine is compiling a multiple disc set Bret WWE compilation. Some really good Hart foundation stuff (original tag team) on it.

I too would be very curious as to who those six are too. After all, who was it who said you can't always believe what you read on the internet! ;)

VR!

Advertisement