Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MTV Music Awards 2004

Options
  • 19-11-2004 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭

What were your thoughts on this years music awards?? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Absolute bóllox. Except for Maroon 5's performance. Satan was present for the night. Don't get me started on the ad breaks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

I would have preffered last years performance in Edinburgh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

i thought eminem was performing at it? did i just miss him or something. Xzibit's 2 minute preview of his new album (which i have already) was pretty cool. he rocks. Maroon 5 are pointless dribble. the kind of band my sister likes cause "the singer is a hottie"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

wasnt it last years one that had alica keys, stevie wonder and Lenny Kravitz playing together?? that was excellent

bombidol wrote:
    i thought eminem was performing at it? did i just miss him or something. Xzibit's 2 minute preview of his new album (which i have already) was pretty cool. he rocks. Maroon 5 are pointless dribble. the kind of band my sister likes cause "the singer is a hottie"

I got píssed of watching rappers, and fools posturing around the place and waving their hands around stupidly. Every artist coming out going "Hallo Roma!" and other such stupid clichés. That's like the same artists comin over here and going "Ah sure what's the craic boyos" We'd fúckin slate them.

At this point, I really have to wonder, why the fúck are they doing that shít! With the hands? Seriously. MTV are a shower of false wánkers. Xzibit is another posturing idiot. Usher?! The best dancer in the world, get the fúck away from me ye bunch of hoors. Never again will I watch this pathetic show.

Maroon 5? Pointless dribble!? About the only real thing on the show more like.

Watching those "awards" last night made me very very angry. Fúckers.

rant over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,930 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Yeah the MTV awards are pathetic.
    They call it the MTV Europe awards yet they try to give every award to an American.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Fooking garbage !!!!! as they are every year. Mtv, what does the M stand for? They dont play any fooking music !!!!!!! They just show That blonde spoilt thick bitch Simpson and her husband Billy doesnt have any shirts that have sleeves and me brother is always calling over git, and those awful taff bastards Sanchez !!!!!!

AAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Rant over, I'll get me coat

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Gets worse and worse every year. Sick of rappers and hip hop and all that crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 DJPJ

Who were that band that were on very early in the night and the singer just couldn't sing. He was so offkey it was actually painful on the ears and we had to mute the television while they were on. He also made a hash of it at a previous MTV awards gig singing the same song ...just wanna know so I don't pick up their album accidentally!

DJPJ wrote:
    Who were that band that were on very early in the night and the singer just couldn't sing. He was so offkey it was actually painful on the ears and we had to mute the television while they were on. He also made a hash of it at a previous MTV awards gig singing the same song ...just wanna know so I don't pick up their album accidentally!

The Hives? Or it could have been Maroon 5. The lead singer tends to swing in and out of key live. He wasn't too bad last night though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 DJPJ

No - they were some american band that I didn't recognize!

Have to agree with Koneko - the posturing of the hip hop artists is just bizarre. Eminem's complete reliance on clever videos was clearly exposed on the night by a very poor performance and the realization that musically, there ain't much happening!

To me, Franz Ferdinand were the highlight of a poor night - and I wouldn't even be a fan.

DJPJ wrote:
    To me, Franz Ferdinand were the highlight of a poor night - and I wouldn't even be a fan.

Aye. Forgot about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Franz Ferdinand were great I thought... Beastie Boys were good too. Glad Muse won two awards also. Outkast winning 3 wasnt so bad either :)

Oh and Gwen Stefani's new song is the definition of good pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Beastie Boys were good and, suprisingly, Gwen Stefani was too.

The rest of it was terrible. Xzibit was awful, and how Linkin Park can win best anything is beyond me.

The pre-show is even worse though, it's the very same every year. Whenever they cut to a new presenter on the pre-show, they always start with: "Oh, it's all happening down here..." ::rolleyes::

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I had good intentions to watch it all, but lost interest quickly especially after Linkin Park won Best Rock! Like WTF?? They re-released an album (albeit remixed) and suddenly they're great? Mind you the other nominees weren't much cop either. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Dr. Loon wrote:
    I got píssed of watching rappers, and fools posturing around the place and waving their hands around stupidly. Every artist coming out going "Hallo Roma!" and other such stupid clichés. That's like the same artists comin over here and going "Ah sure what's the craic boyos" We'd fúckin slate them.

At this point, I really have to wonder, why the fúck are they doing that shít! With the hands? Seriously. MTV are a shower of false wánkers. Xzibit is another posturing idiot. Usher?! The best dancer in the world, get the fúck away from me ye bunch of hoors. Never again will I watch this pathetic show.

Maroon 5? Pointless dribble!? About the only real thing on the show more like.

Watching those "awards" last night made me very very angry. Fúckers.

rant over.

Sums up the night pretty much right up till the stuff about Maroon 5-absolute travesty of a show but we shoudnt really expect much more than this kind of toss from MTV.The night had absolutely no redeeming features to it whatsoever.I'm sick of MTV!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i watched, i groaned and then turned on Monday Night RAW at 9.30

the MTV awards are nearly always piss poor, i must look at the Beastie Boys performance though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Worse award showing so far in the history of them

Advertisement