Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I pay for free trial

• 19-11-2004 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Need a bit of advice here and apologise if this has been answered before

I have signed up for Eircom's free trial .

then this week i have recieved a bill for 238 euro for this

Eircom broadband say this is because i signed up mid billing period and they haven't given me the credit yet.

i don't undestand this as if they could add this to a bill mid period then surely they also can sort their credit procedure !"

they want me to pay this and say i'll be credited next bill.

for me this is not good enough and informed them that i would not pay this portion of the bill

My question is , does anyone know if i pay my the amount of my bill that is due excluding broadband , can they cut me off, as they say they will.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

When did you sign up? If you are within the 3 months trial, you shouldn't have been charged ANYTHING as you have the right to cancel before the trial is up without having to pay anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

From what i remember the Eircom trial requires you to sign up for a year.
    Thats probably why you were charged nearly a years worth of dsl.

Work it out .. 3 months free = 9 months charges.
    9 x 30 odd euro = 270

Maybe thats the answer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Ah, that makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

"Pay us now and then we'll give it back to you" ?????

To Eircon: WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!?!?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I thought the Eircom trial doesn't require any sign-up? At least, I didn't sign anything or agree to anything, and they claim if you don't like it, they'll "whisk it away, quick as a flash, no questions asked"

I suspect the bill is for the first half of the month, when you were making calls on presumably a package like Eircom Anytime, for regular dial-up or ISDN. When they cancel that, they backdate it and charge you for the calls during that month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭gombín

Surprisingly enough, eircom tell the truth. You should be credited on your next bill. To save yourself being cut off, raise an official query on your A/c. This will allow you to just pay off the rest of the outstanding amount.

Regards.

Advertisement