Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent - need HD for laptop

Options
  • 19-11-2004 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone can tell me of a supplier in Dublin that has 2.5" HD's at a reasonable price. I really need it for Monday that's why I need a walk-in shop to pick one up.

Failing that, can anyone point me in the direction of an online supplier. I have seen one on Komplett that fits the bill. But I'm a little concerned about GLS although they have delivered to my house before. Don't mention Elara to me. Nightmare.

While we're on the subject, can anybody tell me what the difference is between ATA6 and IDE? I think the laptop is just bog standard IDE (Toshiba Satellite). I see IT Direct have an 80GB ATA6 drive for €105. That'd be ok if I knew that the laptop could take it.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Panic averted. Our friends in Maplin have a few (40GB for €82).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Just to follow-up. Went to Maplin in Blanch. Laughed at when I asked for a 40GB HD for €80 odd. I thought it was too good to be true and it was. Nob-end that I rang earlier was talking about 3.5" HD's even though he was at great pains to explain the price difference between the 54k vs. 76k RPM saying that the 54k was more popular in laptop machines as it was quieter.

FYI 40GB laptop HD in Maplin is €130. Madness. Komplett have them for €85 excl. GLS grief.

Advertisement