Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Goths

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Your a clever one.

Thanks. Have some + reputation...i know it will make you feel better.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I'm sure that what little is worth saying on this topic has pretty much been said already, but:

The term "goth" covers more than minimosher teenagers. Yes, thanks to Marylin Manson its a popular image and it's taken too far. This happens with every other fashion as well, so I don't really understand why some posters have such a rabid hatred of a fashion they don't seem to know very much about at all. For a start, hardly anyone has mentioned the Cure as opposed to MM. Then there's the increasing assumption (as Karl Hungus pointed out) that rockers and goths are being treated as the same thing. Then there's the idea that because goths and rockers don't buy their clothes in "normal" shops they aer all trying to be different. (Because, you know, heaven forbid that they just find Top Shop's clothes to be overpriced and a bit crap).

And lastly...jesus christ, why do you people care so much? Don't like the look? Fine, don't dress like that, and if you feel like being exceptionally shallow don't be friends with people who dress like that. But what the hell is going on that people seem to find it so personally offensive that someone else chooses to dress differently? Is there some sort of fashion fundamentalist movement going on that I'm not aware of? Has a War On Goths been declared by the leaders of the Fashion World (if so, I bet it was those bastards Dolce & Gabbana)? The people have a right to know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Another thing is, these rocker clothes are so expensive so they seem to go to a lot of lengths just to buy some black t-shirt, but they cant by their clothes from like the ordinary shops like top shop or whatever, it has to be from asha or what ever your shops are called. cant let my frends know I shop in scag shops.
    I actually find it hard to buy "all black" clothes, without any labels, or sh|t on the front. The most I pay for a black thist would be €20. No more. As for Asha, I only buy rollie filters, and pipes in that place.
    Top Shop doen't sell black t-shirts.
    cheesedude wrote:
    The majority of people who dress up as a goth or whatever have problems conforming with society. Instead they feel the need to be an outcast. The majority of them generally have massive problems communicating with people in general and so isolate themselves even further away from society...kind of like a hermit.
    A hermit... in a large group... of what? Fellow hermits?

=-=

A few questions to the fashionable/D4 wannabe's;

What shops do "normal" people goto?
    What clothes do "normal" people wear?

Why do you think people who disagree with something are D4 wannabes?

How do you know they are not from D4?

This in interesting...you are making an even bigger generalization than I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

the_syco wrote:
    I actually find it hard to buy "all black" clothes, without any labels, or sh|t on the front. The most I pay for a black thist would be €20. No more. As for Asha, I only buy rollie filters, and pipes in that place.

Yeah I also find it hard to buy all black clothes,but I do like clothes with nice designs on them drawings etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

the_syco wrote:

Actually, it does. I have about two from there. Overpriced though.

the_syco wrote:
    A hermit... in a large group... of what? Fellow hermits?

Excellent point. I think the meaning of the word 'hermit' has been lost on a few people...

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭golden gal

And lastly...jesus christ, why do you people care so much? Don't like the look? Fine, don't dress like that,

Totally agree with you on this one. i personally dont like the look and i dont wear it, but i dont automatically dislike the person for wearing it, which some people seem to be doing here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

cheesedude wrote:
    Why do you think people who disagree with something are D4 wannabes?

How do you know they are not from D4?

This in interesting...you are making an even bigger generalization than I am.
    Lemme see there are "goths", "rockers", "s8r boys/girls", "skangers", and "normal" people. What do these "normal" people wear? The "D4" thing was a jibe. The "D4 generalization" is that they're all rich, and dress in the latest trends (which are made up in Italy, or somewhere foreign), and the jibe was meant to ask; do "normal" people try to fit into some fashion, or are they meant to look like "D4" people?

b'ah i dont know what else to say!

Let people do what they want. I don't care!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Wow. Do you have any friends? What do you class as normal?

Nah, its not like that.
    I just don't like people who wear certain clothing because they feel they are obliged to. Like Goths, I mean if I liked everything there is about being a Goth apart from the clothes etc. would other goths accept me? no, they wouldn't. Likewise with chavs, the biggest dirtiest chav in Dublin can't go around wearing what he likes cos he is, consciously or subconsciously, drawn to wear the uniform of a chav i.e runners, tilted cap etc.

It just strikes me as odd that people can't think outside the box and wear what they want to wear instead of wearing they feel they should wear. You can wear a chickens outfit if you want, but if the area your from or the "social group" you are akin to forces you to wear a chickens outfit because everyone else does then theres something wrong in my eyes...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I mean if I liked everything there is about being a Goth apart from the clothes etc. would other goths accept me? no, they wouldn't.

yes they would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Keyzer wrote:
    Nah, its not like that.
    I just don't like people who wear certain clothing because they feel they are obliged to. Like Goths, I mean if I liked everything there is about being a Goth apart from the clothes etc. would other goths accept me? no, they wouldn't. Likewise with chavs, the biggest dirtiest chav in Dublin can't go around wearing what he likes cos he is, consciously or subconsciously, drawn to wear the uniform of a chav i.e runners, tilted cap etc.

It just strikes me as odd that people can't think outside the box and wear what they want to wear instead of wearing they feel they should wear. You can wear a chickens outfit if you want, but if the area your from or the "social group" you are akin to forces you to wear a chickens outfit because everyone else does then theres something wrong in my eyes...
    Well what clothes do you wear?

Personally I hang around with slightly Goth circles occassionally, and I mostly wear plain green / blue tshirts and jeans. I'm still accepted, same with any other social "group" I'm with.

Well what clothes do you wear?

Personally I hang around with slightly Goth circles occassionally, and I mostly wear plain green / blue tshirts and jeans. I'm still accepted, same with any other social "group" I'm with.

I wear jeans on Mondays and for the rest of the week I wear my chickens outfit... Don't start copying me or I'll get rid of it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Keyzer,
    Maybe the reason they wouldn't accept you in your normal clothes is because you're so judgemental, not because of what you wear?

koneko wrote:
    Keyzer,
    Maybe the reason they wouldn't accept you in your normal clothes is because you're so judgemental, not because of what you wear?

That post was not me wondering why goths never accepted me, it was an example, like the chav example... I don't wish to be accepted by Goths because I never have or never will be one. I'm not making personal attacks, its just my opinion. I think it looks dated and sad to be honest, but I don't lose sleep at night over it... Don't take my burn at the stake statement literally either, I have no problem on a personal level with goths, its the fashion sense behind it that I dont like... it just looks silly to me.
    Thats my opinion, someone asked what people thought and I replied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I concur... who is it up to judge a group anyways? Being so judgemental is very peurile and doesn't do much to serve society as a whole. They are who they are, let them so be it and leave them alone. Are they doing anything wrong?.... no... maybe only in your eyes but when does it impact on anything relivent in the grand scheme of things?

No. So let's just let this thread fall back a few pages, where it belongs.

Exactly... good point morals...

Achilles wrote:
    I concur... who is it up to judge a group anyways? Being so judgemental is very peurile and doesn't do much to serve society as a whole. They are who they are, let them so be it and leave them alone. Are they doing anything wrong?.... no... maybe only in your eyes but when does it impact on anything relivent in the grand scheme of things?

I never said goths were doing any thing wrong...
    Your all very sensitive people here, my argument is from an aesthetic stance, hence I said "it looks silly", I didn't say "all goths are @rseholes or anythin g like that"... I don't give a sh1t about goths or what they do, let them be, let them run free through the streets and fields and do whatever else they want to do... I was asked for an opinion and I gave it. I'm not going to start up an anti-goth task force and round up all goths and have them all shot, so please calm down everyone.

Well, when you say something like "Burn them all at the stake" in your first post, you'd want to accept a bit of retortion.

(I know you just said you didn't mean it, but you shouldn't have said it in the first place)

• Advertisement

Keyzer wrote:
    I don't give a sh1t about goths or what they do
    Right. So if that's the case then why do you post in a thread like this criticising them?

magpie wrote:
    When I were a lad there was a terrible outbreak of goths / cureheads or whatever you want to call them, and I've noticed it creeping back into fashion parlance again courtesy of Mr Manson.

So, death to goths, or bring on the white powder, black lipstick, purple braided hair and permanent look of "if only you knew what torment my soul was in"?

This was the first post in this thread.
    Do you understand that this person asked for peoples OPINIONS on Goths...
    Not for Goths to come here and praise each other and tell each other that Goths are great etc.

Stop being so bloody sensitive and get on with your life...

Erm, i'm not a goth.. im just saying criticising a group like this is not really very productive, it's like asking you're opinion on jews or black people...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

i'm far far far from a "goth" i hate and dispise them but most people get confused because i wear black!! i'm naturaly pale with an odd shade of blonde red, now i do wear alot of black but i'm not a goth. goths arent as big as people think theres alot of confusion out there so before you call another person a goth wait a few minutes have a look at them if there clothes are intacted then they probably arent goths people who doent seem to look right are infact goths

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Phil_321

koneko wrote:
    Keyzer,

Haha, that's pretty bad, to be outcasted by the outcasts. Sorry to hear about that Keyzer. :D

Achilles wrote:
    Erm, i'm not a goth.. im just saying criticising a group like this is not really very productive, it's like asking you're opinion on jews or black people...

I was just waiting for someone to start this rubbish.... Now I'M labelled as a racist because I don't like the way Goths look? This comment really does show your inadequacy in regards making a constructive argument, sink to comparing me race/religion basher...

HOW ON EARTH CAN YOU COMPARE A FASHION TO A RACE OR RELIGION?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Keyzer wrote:
    HOW ON EARTH CAN YOU COMPARE A FASHION TO A RACE OR RELIGION?

Well you're just being plain thick, aren't you? It's not just a fashion, and for me, fashion doesn't enter into it. Right now, I'm wearing a blue Homer Simpson T-shirt, yet I've got plenty of Fields Of The Nephilim, The Mission, Sisters Of Mercy and yes, The Cure CDs and the like up on the shelves. It's primerally a kind of music, so don't forget that.

Well you're just being plain thick, aren't you? It's not just a fashion, and for me, fashion doesn't enter into it. Right now, I'm wearing a blue Homer Simpson T-shirt, yet I've got plenty of Fields Of The Nephilim, The Mission, Sisters Of Mercy and yes, The Cure CDs and the like up on the shelves. It's primerally a kind of music, so don't forget that.

So your saying that your choice in music and the clothing you choose to wear is comparable to a race or a religion?
    Your post clearly indicates to me that you have a serious intelligence deficiency.

Keyzer wrote:
    So your saying that your choice in music and the clothing you choose to wear is comparable to a race or a religion?
    You post clearly indicates to me that you have a serious intelligence deficiency.
    /me points to all of your posts

Btw, FCUK is on the way out apperently \o/

....and the Goths rejoiced.

Keyzer wrote:
    You post clearly indicates to me that you have a serious intelligence deficiency.

Hmm... Lets see here...
    Was I the one who made the statement about Jews in the first place? No, I wasn't. Did I mention anything in my post in where I claimed music/clothing is comparable to race or religion? No, I didn't!

So, seeing as you've not the slightest grasp on the idea of context, let me spell it out for you, and make it abundantly clear that I was replying SOLELY to your notion that Goth = Fashion. Is that understood? Because it should've been abundantly clear what I was refering to from the point I was making.

Although, while we're throwing around insinuation of intellecual deprivation... Do you really beleive that race and religion are the only things people can be xenophobic about? Because voilence between groups of people who's only difference is the football shirt they're wearing says otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭chizzle dizzle

Keyzer I agree with what you are saying and these people on this thread that cant just except the fact that we dont like their fashion sense have to bring other totally irelevent arguements into it like your racist.
    The bottom line is,we are ALL are entitled to our opinions and people will agree and disagree whether you like it or not. All of us here are obviously very opinionated and thats just the way it is. You's all say its about comfort and some of us raise constructive arguments against that and you all critise us yet on another thread"tracksuites-the depts of fashion?" you's were the very ones to say how were tracksuites comfortable?so its quite clear that we are ALL judgemental and its proven in relation to this thread and the other thread I have just mentioned.

If you are are a rocker or a goth or what ever you want to call yourself and if you see a scaganger walking down the street, you wouldn't say"oh ye their are entitled to their own dress sense and its whatever they feel comfortable in" you would critise and thats the bottom line. You would probably say"oh the state of them in their burbarry tracksuites-scumbags" So why should you have the right to critise how they dress and not let us critise the way you dress. Doesn't seem very fair does it?? I've heard some of you critise the scanger look in relation to the other fashion thread and its still there on I think the forth page if you want to see it. So we all have opinions and just deal with it and none of this"just get over it and its what we want to wear"crap.

Just to make the point that I''M NOT a scanger. I'm just using it for argument sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

i dont give a flying **** what anyone wears or looks like

but people that just wear something or look a certain way cuz other people do and its "cool" shud be lined up and ****in shot.
    theyre just ****in sheep

we shud all wear what we want , say what we want and ****in do what we want.
    **** the trend **** cool
    i cudnt give a strawberry flavoured **** what anyone looks like

just dont be a ****ing sheep
    baaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

If you are are a rocker or a goth or what ever you want to call yourself and if you see a scaganger walking down the street, you wouldn't say"oh ye their are entitled to their own dress sense and its whatever they feel comfortable in" you would critise and thats the bottom line.

That's the bottom line, eh? You sound like our PE teacher. Anyway, I wouldn't say anything. And to say that everyone would criticise them is generalising. I don't have a problem with skangers clothes, I don't like them and I would not wear them, but there's nothing wrong with that.

Just to make the point that I''M NOT a scanger. I'm just using it for argument sake.

You're a skanger at heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

This really has nothing to do with skangers. It isn't a "omg gothz versuz skangers!" thing at all. So don't try saying "oh well you're defending goths so why can you just go around and slag skangers?" as if it were a battle with sides and stuff...

And of course people are judgemental. If everyone said "well, people will look/wear how they want, they're entitled to do whatever they want, let's just leave them alone and ignore it" do you really think there would be a fashion/appearance board?

-AlcoholicA-: why are you posting if you don't care?

It's probably worth mentioning that you can't have an opinion if you don't know what you're talking about.
    If you are are a rocker or a goth or what ever you want to call yourself and if you see a scaganger walking down the street, you wouldn't say"oh ye their are entitled to their own dress sense and its whatever they feel comfortable in" you would critise and thats the bottom line. You would probably say"oh the state of them in their burbarry tracksuites-scumbags" So why should you have the right to critise how they dress and not let us critise the way you dress. Doesn't seem very fair does it?? I've heard some of you critise the scanger look in relation to the other fashion thread and its still there on I think the forth page if you want to see it. So we all have opinions and just deal with it and none of this"just get over it and its what we want to wear"crap.

Most people don't critisize Skangers based on a tracksuit though, they critisize them for being a bunch of theiving, joyriding, E taking retards, and I think that's the key difference.

I'm not going to sit here and call myself anything specifically (and I'll pull an Andrew Eldritch and deny everything if someone calls me goth) either, and in fact, I can usually be spotted wearing an Addidas cap most days, so while you probably think you're quite clever and say "Yeah, well YOU do it too!" you're still being judgemental, and assuming that just because someone disagrees with you here that they're a goth or rocker or whatever.

Goth for the most part isn't about fashion, and for that matter neither is 'Skang'

-AlcoholicA-: why are you posting if you don't care?

because people are acting like bloody sheep

because people are acting like bloody sheep

Then go be a non-conformist and STFU!

o :eek:

well i never

thats it

your going on my list

That's the bottom line, eh? You sound like our PE teacher. Anyway, I wouldn't say anything. And to say that everyone would criticise them is generalising. I don't have a problem with skangers clothes, I don't like them and I would not wear them, but there's nothing wrong with that.

Thats Bull**** coruptedmorals, I know you personally and you hate skangers I've heard you totally critise them, dont lie, I've heard you.

Karl Hungus, back to reality hear. most people do critise the way skangers dress. i'VE HEARD YOU IN THE TRACKSUITE-DEPTHS OF FASHION thread.
    You are totally contridicting yourself, jesus what is your problem.
    A lot of rocker/goths are depressed weirdos that take drugs too ye know,every different class of people take drugs, its not just ****ing scags.
    And yes I am being judgemental but so the **** are you.

Purplefistmixer this has every thing to do with skangers,you critise them so they have a right to critise how you dress!! DAH!! Stop just thinking that you are right,we all have our own opinions.

• Advertisement

Hmm... Lets see here...
    Was I the one who made the statement about Jews in the first place? No, I wasn't. Did I mention anything in my post in where I claimed music/clothing is comparable to race or religion? No, I didn't!

So, seeing as you've not the slightest grasp on the idea of context, let me spell it out for you, and make it abundantly clear that I was replying SOLELY to your notion that Goth = Fashion. Is that understood? Because it should've been abundantly clear what I was refering to from the point I was making.

You should have been a bit more clear in the first place and please do something about your aggression levels. You quoted my post about fashion being comparable to a race or religion, then you say "its not just a fashion".
    Placed side by side I think you left your comments open to contextual misunderstandings.

From what I have read from some of the posts in here today, "Goths" or whatever you want to call youself, are quite a sensitive and defensive group of people. If you didn't like the first post, which stereotyped the "Goth" group in the first place, then why bother even reading what was to come?

At the end of the day, I don't give a crap what you listen to, what you wear and blah blah blah... I neither like or dislike goths in general, but I don't like the fashion sense behind it as I have already mentioned before. That said, I don't want goths rounded up and shot, so get over it. Its my opinion ....
    Although, while we're throwing around insinuation of intellecual deprivation... Do you really beleive that race and religion are the only things people can be xenophobic about? Because voilence between groups of people who's only difference is the football shirt they're wearing says otherwise.

Seeing as your having a few problems grasping the idea of context yourself, let me spell something out for you. Someone suggested my opinion of Goths is comparable to my opinions on RACE and RELIGION. This point is absolutely ridiculous. We're talking about the way people dress and the music they listen to by choice, choice being the important word in that sentence for those "Goths" out their who think there way of life is a religion, not the colour of people skin or there religious beliefs.

Violence never entered the discussion so I don't know what point your trying to make there.

Xenophobic = A person unduly fearful or contemptuous of that which is foreign, especially of strangers or foreign peoples.
    Contemptuous = Manifesting or feeling contempt; scornful.

Neither of these definitions suit my opinion of "Goths".
    I think the "Goth" dress sense is awful and I don't like the scene itself.

Is that understood Karl Hungus? because if you need me to explain anything else to you I'd be more that willing.

You tell them Keyzer, they obviously dont get you, I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Keyzer wrote:
    Why does the whole country need Goths?

Listen, Im not making a personal attack here. When I see a chav wearing a burberry cap and air max I think "scumbag", when I see someone wearing deck shoes and pringle jumper I think "D4 knobhead", and when I see someone wearing a trenchcoat, boots that you probably need to work out just to wear cos they are so heavy, white makeup and long black hair I think "Goth Loser"....

Tell me Keyzer, in all your infinite wisdom .... did you chose to insert the word "loser" after the goth, but not after either the scumbag or "d4 knobhead"

Please ... answer. Elaborately.

I am not goth. I like black. I have long hair. I am not goth. Although I like goths (except the irritating ones that also happen to be little, or highly pretentious)

As for why I wear what I wear - black, long coat, etc - how about because I like it .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Ye so what I'm trying to say is that these girls only wore these shoes to pe just to keep up the rocker image, could'nt they just do without them for like 2 hours?? obviously not cause their rocker image is soooo important to them. In my opinion they are just too hung up into their rocker fashion,cant be seen wearing normal runners, oh no it ruins their image,cant let their friends see them in non rocker shoes. See can you see where I'm comming from,they all have to be like one another.

So ... all those kids that just HAVVVVEEEE to wear their gold jewellery and earings etc whilst doing same are what exactly?

And all *having* to wear some sort of tracksuit apparel that is considered "fashionable" for the next 20 mins.

Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I'm going to call a spade a spade.

Another thing is, these rocker clothes are so expensive so they seem to go to a lot of lengths just to buy some black t-shirt, but they cant by their clothes from like the ordinary shops like top shop or whatever, it has to be from asha or what ever your shops are called. cant let my frends know I shop in scag shops.

Eh ... with the exception of leather/pvc most of this stuff is cheaper. The only reason leather/pvc is dearer is because you're moving into territory that isn't entirely governed by high-street fashion (ie. fetish clothing-ware). And that stuff costs a fortune for different reasons .....

Karl Hungus, back to reality hear. most people do critise the way skangers dress. i'VE HEARD YOU IN THE TRACKSUITE-DEPTHS OF FASHION thread.
    You are totally contridicting yourself, jesus what is your problem.
    A lot of rocker/goths are depressed weirdos that take drugs too ye know,every different class of people take drugs, its not just ****ing scags.
    And yes I am being judgemental but so the **** are you.

HERE is the thread in question, so go and find my post if you've heard me in there. Please, show it to me, and I will gladly EAT MY OWN WORDS. Otherwise, shut up.
    Keyzer wrote:
    You should have been a bit more clear in the first place and please do something about your aggression levels.

From what I have read from some of the posts in here today, "Goths" or whatever you want to call youself, are quite a sensitive and defensive group of people. If you didn't like the first post, which stereotyped the "Goth" group in the first place, then why bother even reading what was to come?

At the end of the day, I don't give a crap what you listen to, what you wear and blah blah blah... I neither like or dislike goths in general, but I don't like the fashion sense behind it as I have already mentioned before. That said, I don't want goths rounded up and shot, so get over it. Its my opinion ....

Well, I think you're under the impression that I too 'Give a crap' as you'd say yourself. I like a good discussion, and it's pretty simple enough to understand why I'd keep reading what was to come. Other than that, just because I don't like it, doesn't mean I have to skick my fingers in my ears and go lalala everytime something comes along that I don't agree with.
    Keyzer wrote:
    Seeing as your having a few problems grasping the idea of context yourself, let me spell something out for you. Someone suggested my opinion of Goths is comparable to my opinions on RACE and RELIGION.

REALLY!!??? :rolleyes:
    You don't say!?
    Keyzer wrote:
    This point is absolutely ridiculous. We're talking about the way people dress and the music they listen to by choice, choice being the important word in that sentence for those "Goths" out their who think there way of life is a religion, not the colour of people skin or there religious beliefs.

Violence never entered the discussion so I don't know what point your trying to make there.

My point isn't about violence at all, it's about the fact that football supports can be hatefull towards each other solely based on the way they dress, and who they support. It's an example of xenophobia without race or religion as a basis, but on what people choose to wear/choose to support.
    Keyzer wrote:
    Xenophobic = A person unduly fearful or contemptuous of that which is foreign, especially of strangers or foreign peoples.
    Contemptuous = Manifesting or feeling contempt; scornful.

Neither of these definitions suit my opinion of "Goths".
    I think the "Goth" dress sense is awful and I don't like the scene itself.

Point out to me where I called you xenophobic.
    Because I only remember saying in the context of race/religion that "Do you really beleive that race and religion are the only things people can be xenophobic about."

Maybe I do need to be a bit more clear though, as I certainly didn't call you Xenophobic.

this thread was already done in "rockers and goths; strange" by chizzle dizzle. "skangers" hate "goths" and vice versa. people who dont dress like goths dont like the look. goths do like the look.people wearing black clothes from head to toe as far as im concerned is not a good look, but they seem to like it and so what. people wearing all black clothes are seen as goths by people who arent goths. goths and people who dress like goths, you are probably always going to be seen as GOTHS. Simple as that.

Now how about we all just try to get along???

• Advertisement

golden gal wrote:
    Now how about we all just try to get along???

Becaues heated arguements are SO much more fun! Isn't it obvious?

i guess you are right! they rock on boards because you can say what you want to whoever you want and you never have to see or talk to them again!!
    yey for boards!!
    anyway back to this whole "goths suck" brigade. guys and goths alike, just remember you are original......... just like everyone else.

Point out to me where I called you xenophobic.
    Because I only remember saying in the context of race/religion that "Do you really beleive that race and religion are the only things people can be xenophobic about."

Maybe I do need to be a bit more clear though, as I certainly didn't call you Xenophobic.

Your post was - Although, while we're throwing around insinuation of intellecual deprivation... Do you really beleive that race and religion are the only things people can be xenophobic about? Because voilence between groups of people who's only difference is the football shirt they're wearing says otherwise.

Now, unless I'm mistaken, you were implying that I am xenophobic in regards "Goths". Otherwise, why would you bring up the subject? You were driving the point of xenophobia, make no mistake...
    Does that make sense to you?

On the other hand, you did call me a "thick", that was original wasn't it.

BTW S-P-O-R-T-S , thats how you spell sports....

Keyzer wrote:
    Now, unless I'm mistaken, you were implying that I am xenophobic in regards "Goths". Otherwise, why would you bring up the subject? You were driving the point of xenophobia, make no mistake...
    Does that make sense to you?

You are indeed mistaken.
    I implied no such thing, and if I thought as much, I'd tell you straight out, not imply then deny.

You are indeed mistaken.
    I implied no such thing, and if I thought as much, I'd tell you straight out, not imply then deny.

Then why bring up the subject?
    Of course I know that xenophobia is not confined to race and religion.
    You shouldn't assume that you are intellectually superior to someone.
    This site isn't called playschoolboards.ie is it? No its not, so stop playing around with ambigious, nonsensical points and speak english...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement