Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pacific Assault/Men of Valour?

Options
  • 19-11-2004 4:18pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I know the last few weeks have been brought to us by games beginning with "H" but has anyone played these games? Worth a purchase?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

By all accounts both ****e not worth buying.
    Maybe when i done with GTA and HL2 i may get one of them.

kdjac

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Eurogamer like Pacific Assault - http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=57139. Fairly glowing review but I have to say the only glowing one I've seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭calhob_ie

Yeah I read that too, bit of a strange one. All the other reviews have been kind of so-so on it. Its a good example of yesterdays fps game.

Then Eurogamer come out with "best WW2 game ever, ever" absolutely love it, can't get enough of it.

I played the demo and have to admit that I wasn't impressed at all, laggy controls and crap AI a good game do not make.

When I wander into game next week I seriously doubt I'll pick up HL2 and think "but hang on, isn't Pacific Assault out too"

No doubt It'll clean up on the consoles though.

So there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I wouldent pay money for either of them tbh, but men of valor is the lesser of two evils, evan tho it's just a console port. Pacific assault is quite possibly the worst fps i have played in a long time, due to it being a total system hog with extremely poor gfx and the most horrible AI seen in any game since daikatana. :eek:

CC

Advertisement