Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pink Chocolate

• 19-11-2004 5:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭

Do any children of the eighties out there remember pink chocolate. My sister claims there were pink panther bars and my friend claims to remember pink mice. But I remember something else, A pink bar in a pink wrapper and a ordinary milk chocolate bar in a blue wrapper. Does anyone else remember this and know if you can still get it today?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

I can definitely remember eating pink chocolate (and not really liking it), and Pink Panther bars ring a bell. I have seen pink mice recently, but that's about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

This rings a very faint bell... I'm sure it smelled of synthetic strawberry and there might have been one with crunchy bits.

POerhaps it also had a memory suppresant in it? :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

mmmmmm Pink ...

There were also Pink Ice Pops called Kilimangaro's ...Fookin lurvely :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭landser

christ on a bike... kilimanjaros... i'd totally forgotten about them.. i remember the ad was all dramatic and there was some dude on top of a mountain eating one while an orange sun set behind him. deadly!

i remeber pink panthers as well. basically it was white chocolate with strawberry falavouring mixed in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

!! pink mice! I haven't had those in ages. I remember the white mice, sugar laden white chocolate and the pink ones had a filling. The local shop didn't have them in much. You can make them out in this fuzzy picture

The pink panther bar was something similiar but a slightly different taste.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Alanna

I loved pink chocolate, pink panther bars were my favorites as a small child, I remember them being almost sickly sweet and I can only imagine what type of additives they contained. Most recently I discovered that Lir choclates have a strawberry white chocolate truffle that is a bit like it but a lot more sophisticated :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

aww i member years ago having pink mice , oh my god they were so yummy!!aww now i want some

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fizzy

the sweet factory in stephens green have biggish pink and white chocolate mice at the mo... can't guarantee they make 'em like they used to though :)

cool i`ll be up there in a few weeks , might try it thanx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Yes, I recall those pink chocolate bars, though I can't put a name on em.

As for the pink mice, aren't they still around! F**kin lovely too!

Maybe if we get the chocolate forum I requested this would make interesting discussion!

memphis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

Its funny I don't remember pink mice at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Nasty_Girl wrote:
    Its funny I don't remember pink mice at all!

Ah heck, as faras I know they're still around.

They used have milk chocolate, white chocolate, and pink chocolate mice!

I remember my mum getting em for birthday parties and the like when I was a kid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

confusing pink with brown always ends with a slap to the face...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

AFAIK they use Hydrogen Peroxide to bleach chocolate for milky bars so they probably just add pink socks, and everyone knows how pink socks run..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

pink pigs and i think there was some kind of shaped pink choclate bar. Hey remember apple jacks? and dan bars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

and dont forget the postman pat sweets, yeah i remember the pink mice but the bar i dont remember

yay i got pink mice wouhou :) got em in centra at the pick n mix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Sallybags

Awww, sham, I remember pink chocolate. It was just pure sugar

its oh so yummy!!

After ollege today im going to buy a feck load of pink chocolate. yummy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I think I remember the pink bars. My evil grandmother and an alleged Fanta stain on her living-room carpet come bundled with the complete memory though, so I'm not opening that! Have a look here maybe?

I remebered another! Vice Versas. God they were lovely. and beanos!

aughhhh beanos :)!

Advertisement