Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tradesman rates

Options
  • 19-11-2004 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Just for fun what do you think tradesman rates are (or should be )
    please be real?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Anywhere from €100 to €200 per day depending on what they do
    excluding materials

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

redman wrote:
    Anywhere from €100 to €200 per day depending on what they do
    excluding materials
    I am talking about self employed people and not all trades get the same by the way ta for the reply

I do mean Self Employed people

redman wrote:
    I do mean Self Employed people
    OK
    I can only talk about a carpenter but the union rate for a chippie on prsi is 16.95 euro a hour plus traveling time 1.5 a day =160.55 for a 8 hour day then they get holl money
    so at that rate why would anybody go self employed for an extra few euro what u think

Very good point.

Curious if you think €400 a day is fair for a skilled marble tiler?

I recently had great painters in at €135 a day per person (it was a special deal)

Also not so good general labour (building up a block wall) which were meant to be €150 each a day but their day was starting work at 11:30 and finishing at 4pm while also taking a lunch for over an hour, which was more like a half day and thus were really €300 a day!

• Advertisement

redman wrote:
    Very good point.

Curious if you think €400 a day is fair for a skilled marble tiler?

I recently had great painters in at €135 a day per person (it was a special deal)

Also not so good general labour (building up a block wall) which were meant to be €150 each a day but their day was starting work at 11:30 and finishing at 4pm while also taking a lunch for over an hour, which was more like a half day and thus were really €300 a day!
    400 euro a day was there many days? and how long was the day

I am presuming it was going to be a full day (8 hours) and it was for 5 days €2k

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

redman wrote:

jesus you did well there for that rate per day...thats below painters union rate.i think.

the whole package was €2.7k spread over 8 days
    An old friend who had some of his painters between jobs and happy to cover costs

yeah see what you mean now...keep them going until he probably got more work in instead of laying them off...good good!

• Advertisement

redman wrote:
    the whole package was €2.7k spread over 8 days
    An old friend who had some of his painters between jobs and happy to cover costs
    mad money

Carpenter wrote:
    mad money

how can you say mad money carpenter,you dont even know what was involved.Ok redman tell us what you got for 2.7 euro?..

mad m wrote:
    how can you say mad money carpenter,you dont even know what was involved.Ok redman tell us what you got for 2.7 euro?..
    if it was for labour only 400 a day was a rip off(if it was per man)

yeah but you quoted the thing about the painters not the labours....

mad m wrote:
    yeah but you quoted the thing about the painters not the labours....
    sorry bud sorry

Hi guys yes the €2.7k was for the painters which was really got working out for 2.5 guys over 8 days at about €135 per day

The €400 per day is what Ive been quoted for 5 days i.e. €2k for the Marble Tiling job which seems really OTT

Carpenter wrote:
    sorry bud sorry

no worries.....

Advertisement