Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heads Up - Free AVG 7.0 Personal replacing AVG 6.0

• 19-11-2004 5:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

For all users of AVG Anti-Virus. This from www.grisoft.com

Nice people they are. V7 alot nicer (automatically updates on detecting net connection etc. etc.)
    Announcing the End of Support for AVG Anti-Virus 6.0 (December 31, 2004)
    On December 31, 2004, support for AVG 6.0 will be discontinued. All virus database updates, program updates, as well as technical support for the product will no longer be available after this date! In order to continue to be protected by AVG Anti-Virus, you must be using AVG 7.0. Read more...

Home users of AVG Free can find out more about the next release of AVG Free on the web.

- October 27, 2004 -

Grisoft Releases New AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition
    Grisoft, a world leader in the development of anti-virus solutions, today announced that after 5 years and some 20 million free downloads it has released a completely updated and improved AVG Free version of its industry leading AVG Anti-Virus software. Please read More….
    November 13, 2004

Get it here:

http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5

All the best,

David

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

god it is a pain getting it to do normal auto scans tho after a download, it doesn't have the nice avgse.exe anymore. Got it working in most, but its a pain, still haven't gotten it to work properly with download statusbar for Firefox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

I just recently installed version 6 !! Its a brilliant job, totally removed a load of worms on the PC after 5 or 6 scans. Is there much of a difference between 6 and 7 ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭davmigil

On the surface not a huge amount. As gideon pointed out even a few things not as good. But overall, imho, worth upgrading (well you will have to by the end of the year anyway). I am sticking it on all my familes PCs as the auto update on network connection clinches it for me. Saves reminding to click update button once in a while :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

You should stay with 6 for a moment, maybe they'll fix the little niggles with 7 by the time 6 is due to go. Having said that now I've upgraded it i'll probally leave it there, just that scan when ya download thats bugging me.

Good to see the email scanner comes with this time tho.

Advertisement