Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Illuminati?

Options
  • 19-11-2004 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭

Anyone else remember that Sky1 show on The Illuminati?
    It basically claims that the world is run by a secret society that infiltrates other secret societies and business' etc.
    Such members "include" George W., John Kerry and other rich and famous.
    They want to create a new "World Order" of us obedient slaves.

Anyone believe this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

George W? No, I don't believe that :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭omnicorp

well, you should, he IS evil I suppose so why couldn't he be part of an organisation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I heard about that.
    Illuminati is more credible, although this is a skeptics forum...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

The Illuminati where founded hundreds of years ago by supposedly the most prolific scientists of the time, they were the main enemies of the catholic church as they beleived science was were the art came from not religion there name means the enlightened ones as they thought they knew all they society is believed extinct the last i heard of em and i would hardly believe george w would even be enlightened.
    so basically they are not ruling the world they are only trying to find the truth behind the earth using factual evidence not what we are and were told from rome.They would meet in the church of illumination were they discussed science.when the church found out bout this they drove the illuminati underground were the become more dark and they church ruled them as satan worshippers they are one of the oldest satanic cults in the world
    members included copernicus, galileo. the illuminati were also supposedly a allie of the mason which ruled banks etc around america members included george washington ben franklin this is were the sky one show picked up on the illuminati and what they based there research. The show was ok it threw up lots of questions but gave very little answers
    Brock

• Advertisement

And answers are what I'm looking for on Boards.ie...

well i gave what i know about them although watered down i believe they exist as for ruling the world i aint to sure although i say there are powerful people in there ranks
    Brock

But do you believe in an organisation that does?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bass.exe

Perhaps the Illuminati arranged for you to go looking for answers, so you would start this thread, and thus further their schemes!!! Or not...

Or maybe, they're brainwashing me through Mobile Phone masts...

• Advertisement

They dont really have schemes they only want to promote the truth or what they say is the truth but it is up to the individual what they want to believe
    Brock

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Bob Carroll's Skeptic's Dictionary has a few basic notes on The Illuminati. The first part of his article documents some of the major propagators of the Illuminati meme (including the entirely insane David Icke), while the latter part attempts to explain why such weird and paranoid delusions spread, of which, the following is a brief quote:
    To enter the world of the PCTs is to enter Bedlam. It would be pointless here to examine, much less attempt to refute, the delusions of people who think they have been turned into assassins by mind-control techniques so that they can carry out the will of inbred dynasties, that aliens are controlling the world, that none of the laws of science are actual, that the imagination and the thought of what is possible are better guides than the "physically manifested world," etc.

...to which, having experienced, first hand and over many years, the delusions of PCT-enthralled people, I can only add 'amen' to that.

Hope this helps,

- robin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Myksyk

Programme on this on Sky 1 last night. I think the host was Danny Wallace ... could be wrong. Anyone see it as I only saw the last few minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Brock wrote:
    ...members included copernicus, galileo...

The usual date given for their founding is well after this... 1760's, Adam Weishaupt and such. Not to say you're wrong, but rather that it's clear how much rcorded history can be changed.
    robindch wrote:
    including the entirely insane David Icke
    Guess who is planning to appear on Big Brother UK 2005? That's right, professional footballer, ex-son of God and everyone's favourite conspiracy theorist...

Anyone else see those trailers for the movie National Treasure? That's gonna put Illuminati theories way into the mainstream.

Big Brother, maybe the Iluminatti infiltrated that in order to get rid of him, everyone knows that once your on that show within a month of leaving your never heard of again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

omnicorp wrote:
    Big Brother, maybe the Iluminatti infiltrated that in order to get rid of him, everyone knows that once your on that show within a month of leaving your never heard of again
    I think Dan Brown has a lot to answer for to be honest. He started that priory of Zion crap when he wrote The Davinco Code and he also brought the Illuminati to the fore. His book states that some of these secret societies exist but my problem is that he doesn't portray them factually. Channel 4 did a show that proved that the Priory of Zion was a figment of his imagination.
    If you want to learn about these secret societies in a factual way try reading anything by Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh. I strongly recommend The Elixir and the Stone, it's a great book and it is written factually.
    T.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

There do exist gentlemans clubs, business organisations etc made up of powerful people who get together. Everything from your local golf course to groups mentioned in the Sky One program.

What the nut jobs on that program failed to show was that these organisations have anything actually to do with policy and dission making.

I mean Bertie and Kenny might play at the same golf club (don't know if they do or not, just an example) but that doesn't mean that they decide to run the country there, or that the Golf club itself is actually powerful.

One thing that struck me about the Sky One program was about how the men on it kept talking as if they actually knew what was going on, when it was clear that they couldn't possibly. They kept saying things like "It was at that meeting that they decided to blah blah ... " or "They plan to destroy all banks and enter a new world order" etc ... know even if these people were planning something like that how do these nuts know it happened then and there. They don't, they are just making it up, falling victim to their own dillusions. A few bankers and politicions meet and the nuts just make up what they assume they are talking about

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭ISAW

Wicknight wrote:
    There do exist gentlemans clubs, business organisations etc made up of powerful people who get together. Everything from your local golf course to groups mentioned in the Sky One program.

What the nut jobs on that program failed to show was that these organisations have anything actually to do with policy and dission making.

I would have to take you up on that as a non conspiracy theorist.
    When the French had the EU Presidency why did a group meet only a few kilometeres from the G71/2 leaders (russia wasnt in then)?

I mean surely they wanted to "discuss things2 but they also wanted to "discuss" with the G8 leaders.

I refer of course to the Bilderberg Group.
    http://www.onlinejournal.com/Special_Reports/052405Estulin/052405estulin.html

Rottach-Egern, Germany
    5–8 May 2005

On the 2005 agenda: Iran, Iraq, The Middle East, Non-Proliferation, Asia, Economic Problems, Russia, European-American relations.

Difficult keeping a list of attendees like this secret::)
    http://www.onlinejournal.com/Special_Reports/052405Estulin/052405Estulin-2/052405estulin-2.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

What is the name of that hotel on the continent where the Eurocrats meet to arrange stuff ?

Also seeing as how muslims had the same science vs. religion conflict that christinaity had, how come they didn't have such a secret society..

• Advertisement

What is the name of that hotel on the continent where the Eurocrats meet to arrange stuff ?

Also seeing as how muslims had the same science vs. religion conflict that christinaity had, how come they didn't have such a secret society..

for the Bildergbergers the hotles vary. usually they are chateaus AFAIK. forthermore on the Muslim thing- you are wrong! What about the Assassin cult?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

ISAW wrote:
    What about the Assassin cult?
    Bildergbergers - ta.
    Not exactly secret and are they still in existance today ? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

It's not like there's a set course for religions to develop on. Islam dealed with it in different ways. The Adam Weishaupt Illuminati was more to do with politics and anti-monarchy than religion.

Besides, the Hashshashin were nothing like the Illuminati. They were killers, they existed well before any science/religion conflict and were in themselves pretty religious.

Undergod wrote:
    It's not like there's a set course for religions to develop on. Islam dealed with it in different ways. The Adam Weishaupt Illuminati was more to do with politics and anti-monarchy than religion.

Besides, the Hashshashin were nothing like the Illuminati. They were killers, they existed well before any science/religion conflict and were in themselves pretty religious.

first if there are secretive Islamic sects/cults today you wouldn't know about them! Second the question was whether Islamic society had any in the past. I pointed to the fact that they did. the Premise that they didn't falls whether or not they were a differend "kind" of secret society. Third the separate point about science versus religion in western society can be looked upon as begging the question. I mean science can be thought of as essentially based on classical Greek philosophy. One can claim there is an"African" an "indian" or a "Muslim" science but I would suggest that western Greek philosophy is the basis of what we call "science". the rationality of this science was adopted by the Church around the time and many through Thomas Acquinas. so when one mentions a science/religion controversy one refers to two concepts steeped in western cultural references and origin. Furthermore in order to suggest an Islamic science/religion debate one would have to establish and islamic "science" in the first place.

Advertisement