Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Leather bike gear

Options
  • 19-11-2004 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭

Lads can you tell me how waterproof leather gear is - I've been thinking of getting a leather jacket maybe an Alpinestars one cos they have cool ladies ones!;) Anyhoo how waterproof are they - I have an Ixon cordura jacket at the mo that never lets the rain in..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

theyre not...

if you want the benefits of leather but want to stay dry, get a thin waterproof layer for over the top of the jacket and pants. Depends on the type of bike though. Theres great weather protection on my current bike so the jacket barely even gets wet when I'm moving. Leathers good but not completely waterproof.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Aww I wanted a cool leather jacket!!! :P Anyhoos thanks for the advice rymus - i like the fact that my current gear is waterproof so I dont have to carry raingear around so I'll stick to what I have!

Advertisement