Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi computer setup help pls..

• 20-11-2004 12:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Sorry if this is a repeated question..

One computer is setup for eircom BB and configured to connect to a remote network which the second computer cant be connected to.
    I want to be able to setup my computer to connect to eircom BB directly through the same line and router but not be in anyway associated with the other computer or net's.
    The router by the way is a Netopia Camen 3346 and the service is BIP REACH.
    what settings will i have to put into my computer to get online without interrupting the other computer?
    Does anybody understand what I am getting at here?
    Also,does anybody know what the Upload/Download limit is for the BIP REACH service.

Thanks in advance guys nd gals...
    Hakko

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭tea

You can't, unfortunately. BIP Reach is a VPN-only service. The DSL line never touches the Internet, so no matter what settings you put into your computer or your router, you'll only ever get into the VPN. Of course, if the VPN has Internet Access, you could always use that, but it sounds like it doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Nnnnoooooooo......
    But thanks a mill for clearing that up anyway! the vpn does have internet access but I cant use it.

Hakko

Advertisement