Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young Scientist

Options
  • 20-11-2004 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

If any CTYIzens have entered and gotten through to the Young Scientist exhibition, Post Here.with who you are and what your doing as this could very easily become an Uber Reunion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I wish I were doing it. *mutters about school, and teachers, and general laziness* But I'll probably be there at some point, using the internet cafe as if I didn't already have broadband at home...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

2 of my teachers asked me about doing it, but I cba. Sounds too much like work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I did it last year and it was really good, except for my completely flakey/lazy/selfish friend, who was my teammate, kept missing the blooming judges and messin' things up. Naturally I had done all the work. But all in all it was good. (Plus you get lots of praise and some time off school. :D ) I won't be doing it this year but probably next year. I will go to it if some CTYIers will be there. And if we make it a reunion it'll be really brilliant (what with all the free pens). Downside: Entrance fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

The thing to do in my school is to come up with a project thats not going to get in, but spend ages off class(try to take some mates out too) doing it. (just go in and say 'I need John Smith for young scientist'. Of course, you wouldnt say John Smith. Unless the guy was actually called John Smith.)

I once knew a guy named John Smith....he died in the tragic badger incident of '98....poor Johnny...

*ahem* as I was saying...um...science...yeah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

'Our first drummer died in a freak gardening accident'-Spinal Tap

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

i heard it was a worm with an uzi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

I'll be there hopefully. No idea whether I'm in yet or not. And I haven't posted payment yet....really should do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

My friend is in fact called John Smyth. I'm his 19th biggest fan, soon to be a proud owner of a John Smyth badge and shall soon begin prduction of John Smyth t-shirts. (above items for official members of the fan club only)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

How does one go about becoming an offical member?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Undergod wrote:
    My friend is in fact called John Smyth. I'm his 19th biggest fan, soon to be a proud owner of a John Smyth badge and shall soon begin prduction of John Smyth t-shirts. (above items for official members of the fan club only)

Hmmmmm, your ideas intrique me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Sorry, you can only become a member with permission from the Man Himself... and seeing as you don't know him. Besides, we're full (50 members to date, most of them real people).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Stitch

Hey, Mister Hefner, this is your *cough*completely flakey/lazy/selfish friend*cough* who now thinks your an utter poohead.
    I never missed a judge and all you did was sit there listening to Mad World.

I believe you borrowed my Mad World single as well. And you missed 2 judges so let me add forgetful to the list.

...can people PLEASE stop bringing/sending non-CTYIers to this forum?

is it really that big a deal? doesnt stop you mouthing your opinions so what harm?

''oh my god shes breaking the rules, get her out of here!!!''

Get over it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Stitch

I didnt miss a judge and i bought the Donnie Darko CD as you were too selfish to give me one and in case you havent noticed, the "list" is full of lies and evil!

Look you stupid <expletive removed to protect the innocent>, I'm getting sick of you mouthing off to every goddamned post I make nowadays. It's pretty annoying, y'know that?

In case you hadn't noticed this is the CTYI forum. It was set up for CTYIers, so we could have a way to keep in touch. It's not some fscking social club that anyone can join. Maybe you should bear that in mind before you start taking your goes at me

Stitch:- Yeah, okay. None of it's true! Yes you did buy the Donnie Darko CD after the Young Scientist. I couldn't give you a copy because at that time I had no burning capabilities. Also don't reply to Raphael's post. You'll just get into a whole negitive posting 'thing'. It can only end badly.

Raphael:- Stitch is applying for CTYI and is taking the S.A.T. in January, so it's not as though he has no business posting here. You never know, you might see him in July.

And in that time I will welcome him to this board.

• Advertisement

Raphael wrote:
    Look you stupid <expletive removed to protect the innocent>, I'm getting sick of you mouthing off to every goddamned post I make nowadays. It's pretty annoying, y'know that?

In case you hadn't noticed this is the CTYI forum. It was set up for CTYIers, so we could have a way to keep in touch. It's not some fscking social club that anyone can join. Maybe you should bear that in mind before you start taking your goes at me

Well done, once again, YOUR NOT THE MOD. When you get that into your head you might brighten the place up for a LOT of people. Plus it wasnt a personal attack, so no need to go off on a bender there. And finally if you want to resort to personal name calling im on msn or aim, im all yours. Now quit cloggin up the board and try listen to what people are saying before trying to enforce rules/ critisizing their right to be here etc .

So? Just because I'm not a mod, I immediatly lose all right to give a damn about this forum, do I?

In case you hadn't realised, both of the mods are currently in college, and actually have more important things to worry about than policing this place.

And since when was enforcing rules bad, hmm? THATS WHAT THE FSCKING THINGS ARE THERE FOR, TO BE FSCKING ENFORCED! The gardaí aren't the only people who enforce the law of this country, ordinary people have a civil duty to do their part. So why should it be any different here, ne?

Also, as regards right to be here, this is the same attitude that Podge has, he banned Liz once for bringing non-CTYIers here

...thinking of a phrase that begins with an 'o' and ends with a 'ff-topic'

Answers on the back of a postcard...

Raphael wrote:
    So? Just because I'm not a mod, I immediatly lose all right to give a damn about this forum, do I?

In case you hadn't realised, both of the mods are currently in college, and actually have more important things to worry about than policing this place.

And since when was enforcing rules bad, hmm? THATS WHAT THE FSCKING THINGS ARE THERE FOR, TO BE FSCKING ENFORCED! The gardaí aren't the only people who enforce the law of this country, ordinary people have a civil duty to do their part. So why should it be any different here, ne?

Also, as regards right to be here, this is the same attitude that Podge has, he banned Liz once for bringing non-CTYIers here

i said im on msn raph, now quit ''fscking'' up the thread

Normal service will shortly be resumed.

I'd rather not waste any more time than it takes to write a post on you Holligan, but thanks for being concerned about the future of the forum

If Neil or Podge consider this a problem, they can always fire it across to Thunderdome

<checks out the thunderdrome>

Ooh, fuzzy! Hurrah for wanton offensiveness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

To bring this thread back on topic...I got in \o/

On a side note, all this spam is why I rarely post here any more. If ye want to have conversations do so on messenger. Bulletin boards are for notices, debates, information etc. This forum has a limited amount of space you know. There shouldn't be five-page threads with the equivalent of one page of relevant posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

I'm in the Young Scienctist, along with about 50 others in my year, it's scary how much my school plug it. My team have also discovered that none of the project makes sense, and it's actually impossible to try and do the project. on the plus side, might see some old friends and miss a couple days school.
    Anyone doing Model UN incidentally?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Anyone doing Model UN incidentally?
    Some people have better things to do that to sit around pretending to talk about world issues, while people are being killed because of their inactions.

Take that, the UN!

Advertisement