Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young Scientist

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Heh. Memories of IR, my debilitating caffeine addiction, and my expulsion from the MUN as a result thereof. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Liquorice wrote:
    On a side note, all this spam is why I rarely post here any more. If ye want to have conversations do so on messenger. Bulletin boards are for notices, debates, information etc. This forum has a limited amount of space you know. There shouldn't be five-page threads with the equivalent of one page of relevant posts.

Ditto.

I got in \o/ so should be fun. Go encryption and what not....and melmo...
    Originally Posted by lemon_sherbert: Anyone doing Model UN incidentally?
    A friend of mine was france in a model un thing in gov&soc in ctyi....he joined with japan, after he invented suicide chickens, in waging war on ukraine, I think it was....I still laugh when I hear that.
    Originally Posted by lemon_sherbert: I'm in the Young Scienctist, along with about 50 others in my year, it's scary how much my school plug it.

I had to beg teachers to sign **** for me, then when I told my principal she kinda looked at me as if to say...so? (then realised I might actually do well *cough* and congratulated me on trying). In other words, my school sucks.

I was Israel in the MUN in IR. I was the best Israel ever. I blatantly threathened to personally assassinate Yasser Arafat. :D With hand motions! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭chizzle dizzle

A gut in my class got accepted for the young scientist, he is actually a member of boards. He is doing some project on computers or something. Its sounds complicated!!

Find out what he's doing, will you? Mine is based on computers as well, and also "sounds" complicated......

*plots evil plan to kill the opposition*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

and steal their idea, cant forget to steal their idea.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Why steal when you can sabotage with reckless abandon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I'll be there!! That's right ladies and gentlemen, you'll have the pleasure of Kevin's semi-company for all three day! :D

I'm not a competitor. Instead, I'll be an exhibitor (you know, one of those people who run the stands in the industries hall). This will be my third time helping out at the Mensa stand. <brain throbs with knowledge>

So come one, come all! You can get a home IQ test (free to take, discount price to get corrected). We usually give out around 1,200 home tests (more when I'm there.

People, when you get your stand information please post your stand number and catetory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bazookatone

Raphael, you don't have to be the guardian of the Board. Unless you want to become a moderator (which I think you should, because at least then, someone would delete the old threads and keep the flaming to a minimum). Cool off on the fanaticism, you're scaring the kids.

Everyone else, Raphael is right. This is a CTYI message board. There's plenty of other boards out there. CTYI is something special, and we shouldn't treat the board that someone set up to keep the deep bond that CTYI creates between people alive as a convenient place to chat with anyone and everyone.

I know I sound like one of those people that thinks CTYIers are better than everyone else, and I'm not. But let's keep the non CTYIers to a minimum. As Agent Smith so eloquently put it "This is our place, This is our time"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

I was Israel in the MUN in IR. I was the best Israel ever. I blatantly threathened to personally assassinate Yasser Arafat. :D With hand motions! :D
    i'm sorry but nobody will ever khrush mother russia. and we never did find out why turkey was so pro-US.

• Advertisement

Mother Russia sucked! She couldn't even sell vodka to Syria. It was Kevan for fùck's sake!

once they stripped me of my title, i just didn't have the same influence :/

Why steal when you can sabotage with reckless abandon?

EXACTLY. Also, I have most of my project done thanks to ctyi. So arsed stealing ideas and having to work on them....

Errrrrr. I know a lot of you people know eachother, being session2ers and all, but a lot of us are not acquainted....stick up pictures? Just like headshots, so we can identify eachother on the day(s). I'll get one of myself up when I find one.

Have I killed this thread entirely....?

... it sort of appears so.
    Maybe they don't want us knowing what they look like?

And I can only think "criminal activity" or "shameful projects" when I say that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Lizzie

i don't think i know any of you, but i got in! whoop, go me etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭lemur option

Dats right People me the grand exalted leader of funktasticism (and in a smallerer way spelling mitookes) are going 2 b a giny pig. OINK OINK. My "friend" who enjoys "chocolate" (no not you bill) is conducking a experry mint to wonder out if colorors make you thunk mer clearly . Not that I need anything of that sort my mind is as clear as mud in your eye but y'no its principal :confused::confused::confused: this thing says :confused when you click on the dude with the curly do ha ha ha

ps Raph chill dude, I'm sure stitch doesn't mean to intrude and will be happy to "GETTHEHELLOFFCTYIPROPERTAY" y'here.

PPS Raph are we going for architecture next yr? sess1

PPPS did you get into the IMO?

PPPPS how many Ps can you put onto this before it gets stupid?

Zero. Just zero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

So... is anyone actually gonna be at the Young Scientist? Coz I think our TY is going on a field trip...

it's beside my school, and we're in TY so we might have to take a mosey on down. when is is anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

http://www.esatys.com/

There ya go. I'll be there. I'll give you free stuff.

Come, and I can be old and bitter and regal you with java.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

this thread shows EXACTLY what is wrong with you lot again - aka jumping down peoples throats because they're not CTYI'ers - in the old days we accepted them all. and btw raph if you start off your unbanned career by posting anything remotely agressive you're completely banned. forever. and colhol if you post anything back at him SHOULD he post something like that, so are you. remember, this is the age of aquarius folks, love thy neighbour.

and Jack, you do realise agent smith isnt a ctyi'er right?

oh btw, poke my gf in the side tomorrow in college for me. hehehe....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bazookatone

crash_000 wrote:
    and Jack, you do realise agent smith isnt a ctyi'er right?
    Are you talking to me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I'm gonna behave neil, d'worry. Being banned gets boring after a while

And I think Jack meant the Agent Smith from the matrix movies...who was also not a CTYIer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

Raphael wrote:
    And I think Jack meant the Agent Smith from the matrix movies...who was also not a CTYIer
    What other agent Smith is there!!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I think Neil was referring to the guy on boards named Agent Smith. But i may be utterly wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

well the boards user agent smith had posted on here a few times, purely to get on my nerves :) and yes jack i was :D

oh and the bit below it was aimed at you too

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭twirly sponge

I'm going to the young scientist thingy if anyone is interested... come visit me ana! i'll have a hot friend with me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭buffalo

I'm just posting mostly cos I'm bored, and I just got my broadband back, but I might try visit on the first day, cos the day after that I'm going to Prague baby!! :cool:

Advertisement