Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend courses

Options
  • 20-11-2004 2:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Do they still do those in CTYI?
    And does anyone have any idea of the hours that were/are involved? And like maybe what month they were in? <Memory of a goldfish and all that>

Thanks!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

They do still do them as far as I'm aware. I don't think it's month limited exactly. More that it fits in with the school year?

Not tooo sure though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

No information on the website, but then again, that website sucks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

I don't think they do do those anymore. At least, when I got the sheet that used to have the info about weekend courses and correspondance (sp?)courses on it, it only had the correspondance ones...

And I did them a few years ago, and I think they were around February or something. If they're still on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

strawberry wrote:
    <Memory of a goldfish and all that>

Goldfish have a memory of seven seconds... Goldfish have a memory of seven seconds... Goldfish have a memory of seven seconds... Goldfish have a memory of seven seconds... Goldfish have a memory of seven seconds... Goldfish have a memory of seven seconds... Goldfish have a memory of seven seconds... Goldfish have a memory of seven seconds... Goldfish have a memory of seven seconds... Goldfish have a memory of seven seconds... Goldfish have a memory of seven seconds... Goldfish have a memory of seven seconds... Goldfish have a memory of seven seconds... Goldfish have a memory of seven seconds... Goldfish have a memory of seven seconds... Goldfish have a memory of seven seconds...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

The last I heard, they were still going. That's where I got started into the whole CTYI malarkey, and while not as fun as the 3 weeks, they're good from the learning standpoint

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I did one a good long time ago. I can't remember much abuot it, but spending 2 hours getting there a back for something which was only what, 3 hours long didn't seem worth it...
    I don't think I liked the instructor though so that might have been a contributing factor to my dislike.

Yeah, I did philosophy with Fiacra bout....three years ago. And it was ok, but we didn't really have enough time to do any topic in depth, and he had to kinda rush though some parts, which was sucky.

Basically, they're not really worth the effort, i think.

Ah, here we go...

''In 2004-2005 Saturday classes will be offered in DCU, University of Limerick, University College Cork, and in Intitutes of Technology at Letterkenny, Athlone, Galway and Waterford. These will be for 8-13 year olds who are in primary school."

Straight from the horses mouth.

Advertisement