Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

lada

Options
  • 20-11-2004 8:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can by a Russian Lada.I had one a few years back but it was stolen :mad: . If anyone knows anything because I will pay anything for it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

in Russia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭SF1

no i ment here in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

does it have to be working or will a lada without a read dif and wheels do ya

Ive one, but i was hoping to hang onto it a bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

are you a collector or? why would you want one

• Advertisement

Well, i got mine cause it was cheaper than renting a skip. HA HA HA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

What kind of idiot thief steals a Lada?

(cue post:'a Russian one?')

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭BrianD3

What kind of idiot thief steals a Lada?

(cue post:'a Russian one?')
    Well, yes :) A few years ago Top Gear did a piece on how hundreds of Ladas in the UK were being bought up by dealers and shipped out to Russia where there is always a good market for them. If this was happening then it is safe to assume that there were also Ladas being stolen and shipped out. Russian Mafia were probably involved. Not the sort of people you want to mess with. I know you love your Lada impr0v but if you see someone trying to steal it for God's sake don't try to stop them.
    :)

BrianD3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

eireman, I know where there is a 1991 Lada Riva in Co. Galway and it is complete but has been idle for two years. I doubt it would take a lot to get it going but I'm not going to remind you about the connection between silk purses and pigs ears. Pm me for details if you are interested.

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

eireman, I know where there is a 1991 Lada Riva in Co. Galway and it is complete but has been idle for two years. I doubt it would take a lot to get it going
    Like all Ladas, the bits may fall off, but the engine will keep going for ever, oh the heater too! They really are great :D Mind you, you want the muscle of big Siberian woman to steer the feckers ;)

• Advertisement

My sister-in-law had a cream-coloured Riva back in the early '90s when there were a few around and she loved it. I had to drive it across dublin one night and approaching the lights at the bottom of the Malahide Road/Fairview I touched the brakes to glide to a halt and the ignorant swine spun 180degrees and shot backwards across the junction into oncoming traffic. I think it sensed how much I hated it and tried to kill me, but luckily the other cars avoided the rusty hulk and I had to drive it to Phibsboro praying it behaved.

She sold it to a Russian who was collecting a batch for repatriation and I'm sure it is still going. And still sh1te to drive.

eireman, are you looking to drive it or use it for target practise?

'c

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Anyone remember the lada on Top Gear that was tuned by Lotus?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/prog8/lotuslada.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

Why is it that Russians buy up the Ladas over here? Are there not enough of them back in the father land?

While we're on the subject, some classics here... modified Ladas anyone?

http://www.topgear.com/content/fun_stuff/carbage/carbages/76/01/

My personal favourite is the Lada WRX :D

DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

LOL theyre priceless .... last one has 10 (or 14) exhausts ... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭gAb

Try in www.automobil.lt and I can bring one for you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

dcGT wrote:
    Why is it that Russians buy up the Ladas over here? Are there not enough of them back in the father land?

It is because the average Russian without KG... sorry mafia connections is still dirt poor and they can all run and fix ladas for next to nothing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

My sister-in-law had a cream-coloured Riva back in the early '90s when there were a few around and she loved it.
    Did it have the sexy brown stripes up the side? :)

dahamsta wrote:
    Did it have the sexy brown stripes up the side? :)
    You bet it did, and it had a crackly AM radio for listening to Atlantic 252 (or Radio Luxemburg). It also had an ashtray the size of a dustbin lid, the most uncomfortable seats this side of a '70s Land Rover and it smelt like a damp dogs blanket.

I do remember when I saw my first one around 1985 and being so impressed that such a cheap car came with a light on the underside of the bonnet - only afterwards did I realise that it was essential for when the frickin thing stopped at night for no reason....

I should also add that despite Mr Eiremans plea to be reunited with his post-stalinist proletariat transport module, and my offer to supply him with one I haven't heard back, so I assume he has either changed his mind or was just sharing his motoring experience with us. Or he woke up and there were eight of them dumped outside his house.

'c

And just look what I found - a Lada with extra horsepower
    And theres more

Anyone recognise the number plate? I reckon its Cavan.... But it could be Mayo either. Or Turkey.

'c

That is ****ing nice ferary :D

Now have a look on the new lada here and here.

• Advertisement

Those pesky Russians! Who let them play with all that fibreglass? I still wouldn't drive one - I bet both of those show-cars have iron four-cylinder pushrod engines and four speed gearboxes. Unleadedski? We don't need no steenking unleadedski.

'c

Osama Ben LADA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭DivX

There's one in the buy and sell for £90 up north,

Lada Samara '95.Good cond for yr, MOT to May. £90. Contact: 028-xxxxxxxx

For the craic i tried the revenue online VRT calculator and the car isn't listed..

VRT probably would probably cost twice the price of the car anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

i think ur wrong mate minimum vrt is 285 or something so it will........ :D

Advertisement