Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Todays Games (will contain scores after 12.45))

• 20-11-2004 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Arsenal v West Brom, 15:00
    Arsenal
    Chelsea v Bolton, 15:00
    Chelsea
    Crystal Palace v Newcastle, 15:00---Draw
    Everton v Fulham, 15:00
    Draw
    Man Utd v Charlton, 12:45
    Utd
    Middlesbrough v Liverpool, 15:00----Draw (live game on RTE 2)
    Norwich v Southampton, 15:00
    Southampton
    Portsmouth v Man City, 17:15
    Portsmouth

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

3-0
    2-0
    Crystal Palace v Newcastle, 15:00---0-1
    1-1
    2-1
    Middlesbrough v Liverpool, 15:00---- 2-3
    0-0
    1-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Rangers v Celtic 12:30 Setanta (my prediction 1 - 0 to Celtic)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Crystal Palace v Newcastle, 15:00---Newcastle
    Fulham
    United
    Middlesbrough v Liverpool, 15:00----Boro
    Saints
    City

And you forgot the Monday night football

Villa V Spurs
    Villa :D

Rangers 1 - 0 Celtic

Penalty against the run of play, my revised scoreline is 2 - 1 to Celtic :)

Edit oh dear

Rangers 2 - 0 Celtic

Again against the run of play, my revised scoreline is 3 - 2 to Celtic :eek:

Edit

Alan Thomson sent off :eek: :eek: Lovenkrands totally totally over-reacted to get Thomson sent off

Edit

HT 2-0. Not going to get anything from this game. The officials bottled it as Camara and Novo should also have gone off. Lovenkrands was booked for his dive for the Thomson incident. I bet Thomson wished he had have nutted him now rather than brushing against him. Rangers player on the bench, Bob Malcolm, was taken up the tunnel by the police commander after giving obscene gestures to the Celtic fans when the penalty was awarded.

Edit
    Scuffle in the tunnel as the players went off for HT.

edit
    Sutton now sent off for his 2nd bookable offence. Celtic down to 9 men

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Not trying to make excuses for Celtic's defeat but Rangers have a bunch of divers on their hands.

O'Neill looked really riled up after the game. He brought (fellow Irishman :)) Neil Lennon over to the Celtic fans and stuck his fist in the air a few times like Celtic had won. Good to see its still a big derby as it looked like the rivalry was lessening last season.

My bet for today:
    chelsea
    boston
    doncaster
    exeter
    gretna

10 euro returns 70.

• Advertisement

The worst incident of the whole game was Novo stamping on Pearsons neck and he gets away with it!! Indsicipline from both sides ruined the game.

FT Man Utd 2 - 0 Charlton
    Scholes & Giggs

The worst incident of the whole game was Novo stamping on Pearsons neck and he gets away with it!! Indsicipline from both sides ruined the game.
    And Pearson just got up and walked off without even looking at Novo. If it was Pearson doing it to Novo the ambulances would have been on the field.

Anyway, still a point ahead with 2 Old Firms played.

Chelsea 1-0 Bolton
    Duff

Norwich 1-1 Southampton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Boro 1 0 Pool

Pool clearly second best with too many timid players and no passing quality. Hamann and Carra the only ones pulling thier weight. Garcia did have perfectly good goal ruled offside though. Gerrard must come on second half.

Mike.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

boro 2 i cant watch it any more every ****in decision goes against liverpool ive never seen such a ****ing joke of a shambles **** sake **** **** ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Between 60 and 70 mins, Boro were playing some of the best football I've seen in the Premiership this season. Pool look very uninspired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

NORWICH 2 - 1 Southampton

what a game!!!

Arsenal 1 1 WBA!!!!!!!! The wheels are in serious danger of falling off for Wenger.

Mike.

eirebhoy wrote:
    My bet for today:
    chelsea
    boston
    doncaster
    exeter
    gretna

10 euro returns 70.
    Chelsea 1-0 (still playing)
    Doncaster 3-1
    Exeter 4-1
    Gretna 6-2
    Boston 0-0 with a player sent off in the first half :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

we got our first win. cracker of an atmosphere, bring on the Brum and we'll beat them next week when I'm back over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well after watching the Pool game I feel a little more confident ahead of my visit to Villa park this day week. Only thing is the pool have Arsenal next weekend so they could have lost two on the trot before coming to Villa Park and as bad as they were today I can't see them losing 3 on the trot.

Arsenal seem to have lost the plot, but I reckon the return of Sol next week will help them revive themselves.

I have to say fair play to Everton they are keeping the momentum going a lot of people including myself were writing them off saying they couldn't keep the form going but there still going.

************Newsflash*********
    Bolton grad an equaliser 2-2 with Chelsea now maybe Asrenal will get away with the draw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

haha, my god liverpool were terrible. Alonso had the worst game in a liverpool jersey so far. Very disappointing. Gerard wasnt great either, not suprised though, lacks match fitness.

defense was alright, although traore was off with the fairy's for the game. I felt Kewel was probaly the best liverpool player, his finishing was brutal. But he did get into some good positions. I have a feeling that if he gets some confidence back, and a goal, he could go on a very good run. Very good in the air, won some good flick ons aswell.

And as for garcia, well i dont think i have ever seen such a big girls blouse play football. Hes afraid to head a ball, afraid to taclke, afraid to be tackled, i even think hes afraid of his own shadow.

Disappointed in Benetiz substitions aswell. Sinama on for josemi was strange. Hes done nothing all year, and his very similiar player to kewell and garcia, mellor should of been thrown on. When your 2-0 down, sticking biscan on for alonso was just stupid.

I really aint looking forward to monaco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Chelsea let in a late goal to draw 2-2

So Arsenal draw 1-1 at home, chelsea draw 2-2 at home and Utd win 2-0 at home, could this be the start of the comeback?

Good day overall for Man Utd

KevIRL wrote:
    Chelsea let in a late goal to draw 2-2

So Arsenal draw 1-1 at home, chelsea draw 2-2 at home and Utd win 2-0 at home, could this be the start of the comeback?

nope, the win against liverpool was the start of the comeback i thought........no wait....it was the win against Arsenal actually wasnt it?

• Advertisement

nope, the win against liverpool was the start of the comeback i thought........no wait....it was the win against Arsenal actually wasnt it?

I dunno, they then went and lost to Portsmouth the next week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Everton were probably the best affected team by todays results... a win at home against fulham, and arsenal and chelsea both dropping points..

Everton only 3 points from the summit and a nice 4 point gap below them as well... happy days... :p

Everton were probably the best affected team by todays results... a win at home against fulham, and arsenal and chelsea both dropping points..

Everton only 3 points from the summit and a nice 4 point gap below them as well... happy days... :p

good point! Fair fukks to Everton :D

Disappointed in Benetiz substitions aswell. Sinama on for josemi was strange. Hes done nothing all year, and his very similiar player to kewell and garcia, mellor should of been thrown on. When your 2-0 down, sticking biscan on for alonso was just stupid.

I really aint looking forward to monaco

My thoughts exactly, he Rafa was the biggest dissapointment today. Its how you select your team when its missing key players that tells you about a managers quality. Its where Houllier failed and Benitiez looks no better. My suggestion of Mellor playing off Biscan (in Baros thread) would have yielded more I think! :D

yea, benetiz seems to afraid to give the lads who arent well known a run out. Partridge should really be on for finnan. GOing forward finnan gives us very little. He cant beat a player one-one. Same as risse, no skills to get around a plater.

When you look at our wide players and compare them to arse,man u, chelski and even, its terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

pld to Everton, Norwich, Bolton and Boro.
    Downing, Queudrue, McMahon and Riggott all very impressive.

Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Crystal Palace v Newcastle, 15:00---Draw
    Draw
    Utd
    Middlesbrough v Liverpool, 15:00----Draw (live game on RTE 2)
    Southampton
    Portsmouth

Got every one wrong except Man Utd. Thank Gawd I dont bet.

Mike.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

you obviously dont have any clue whatsoever so really dont bother speaking ever again.
    the moronity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

MASSIVE result for utd today, i said before this game was bigger than the newcastle game and so it turned out to be.

comfortable 2-0 win against banana skin opposition and another clean sheet plus midfielders on the scoresheet. all positive for utd today, up against a pathetic attack on the day but job done and 2 points gained on the blues and arse plus we put clear distance between ourselves and pool and are now cemented in the top 4/5 were we'll stay from now on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Just finished watching the round of matches on the Premiership. My fúck but that's some terrible TV. How do they manage to make it so bad? I mean it's football for fúck sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

mike65 wrote:
    Got every one wrong except Man Utd. Thank Gawd I dont bet.

Mike.

Myself and Patrick Power had a few bets between us, I won on Norwich, the Chelsea - Bolton draw, and Man City. He won on United (i chanced a draw), Everton (Fulham win), and 'Boro (Liverpool win). I've got Spurs to get an unlikely win tomorrow, but I'm up a few quid overall already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

DapperGent wrote:
    Just finished watching the round of matches on the Premiership. My fúck but that's some terrible TV. How do they manage to make it so bad? I mean it's football for fúck sake.

LOL thats RTE for you. I'm not allowed watch it anymore so I catch the highlights on Sky or the BBC. If I had to listen to George gob****e Hamilton I would just end up kicking the telly ..........again.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

United must be pleased with todays results but it suits Everton most. Fair play to them

The arse wheels keep spinning off, but every team has a bad patch so if they come through this only a couple of points behind then they will be happy out.

Pool were attocious, what in the name of god is kewell at, the number of good players that have gone to anfield and have turned into crap players is growing.
    In fairness you have to give Benitez a season to sort things out but it looks the same old same old/

Advertisement