Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My own music... jayziz...!

• 27-06-2000 3:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Rooting through some old tapes a couple of days ago, I found some original music I had created myself on OctaMED on the Amiga 500. Bearing in mind that it was only a 4-track 8-bit sound system in the Amiga, the tunes weren't bad at all. I stuck them onto CD and MP3'd them... I wonder if it's worthwhile uploading them somewhere so people can have a listen/laugh ... hmm...

Bard

home page

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Pretence

If you have some sort of homepage why not throw them up. Won't do no harm smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Well... as you can see from the link to my home page at the moment, there's nothing really there... I guess I'll put some sort of page together and include the music files. They're about 3 to 3 1/2 MB each though so maybe I'll put 'sample' versions up there too so people don't have to make huge downloads just do decide "Jayziz, that's sh*te"...

Thanks,

Bard

home page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Pretence

New tune every week/month maybe.

Get some feedback, see what the demand is like for some new releases wink.gif

Oh well... I don't have the resources to create new tunes, unfortunately. The Amiga is gone at this stage - it was on cassette tape that I found the music, - recorded them into the PC, tidied up the sound a bit and tracked them to CD and MP3.

I'll stick those up there, and if I get my hands on some decent tracker style software for the PC, I'll be able to follow them up. Anybody know of anything like the Amiga's OctaMED for the PC?

Bard

home page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

'Dreamtheme' reminds me of the music they play over scenes in Austrailian childrens programmes when a couple of teenage 'heros' are chasing an 'idea' for something really cool they just thought up. (like building a tree-house).

You could probably earn lots of money at it.

Needless to say, I didn't download the second one.

biggrin.gif

Lucutus of Borg

• Advertisement

Thanks Luc... - they're quite old, my style would be somewhat different these days... if only I had some decend pro-tracker style software for the PC, I could show the worrrrlllddd... mwahahahahaha... (etc. etc.)

biggrin.gif

Bard

home page

posted the two tracks to my (temporary) website (URL link below)... see what yiz think, keeping in mind that they're OLLLDDDDD...!

Bard

home page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Take a look around www.modmecca.com - its been about a year since i visited that site but I presume its still there smile.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

ok...as i am after gettin a new puter...i haven't as yet updated my site...

but here's a direct link to a new mp3....(4.5mb)

Its a full song, recorded live in 1991, but still rules....
    http://www.licksy.net/mp3/neverending.mp3

Tell me what ye think... (2 more on http://www.licksy.net/mp3.htm )

www.licksy.net
    info@licksy.net

[This message has been edited by Licksy20 (edited 06-07-2000).]

Downloaded Med Soundstudio 1.2 from www.octamed.co.uk - its a 40-day trial version but seems to be just what I'm looking for. I'll check out your mp3 when I get a chance, Licksy... and thanks for that link too, Stephen biggrin.gif

Bard

home page

• Advertisement
Advertisement