Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queen

• 20-11-2004 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭

What do people think of Queen?
    I think they're great, although some of their songs sound as if they're testing new technology, they're brilliant.
    What doe everyone else think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Probably one of the greatest bands ever. Never got stuck in a rut, always evolved and if you want to see truly great frontman at the top of his game check out Freddie Mercury at Live Aid.

Totally underrated by many just becuase the guy was gay, which is ridiculous. Great ****ing band.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Superb band indeed, ahead of their time as far as creativity goes anyway, such a variety of styles in their music. Freddie Murcury was such a good front man it isnt even funny, and Brian May can play the guitar with the best of them.

edit: ill go hide in the corner, doh :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Brian May

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

haha Steve May good one! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Definetly an excellent band, and Brian May was probably quite an influence on me as a guitarist.

• Advertisement

And any band that can fill two greatest hits albums with no fillers has to be doing something right!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

0utshined wrote:
    And any band that can fill two greatest hits albums with no fillers has to be doing something right!.
    I notice you didn't include the third one:D

sceptre wrote:

There was NEVER a third one!

sceptre wrote:

LOL, too fcuking right buddy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

they're good, a novelty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Phil_321

Great band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭omnicorp

Killer Queen is one of their best songs, anyone else agree?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

queen, best band of all time imo...

fav song : i'm going slightly mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Queen were/are stunning. A friend has all their albums, so I get access to everything I can listen to. I likes my rock and roll, I does.

Lucky you, (And luckier friend)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

Queen were great ok,
    funny no one seems to think they are crap, that's wierd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

I always have mixed feelings about queen myself. Sometimes I can hear the greatness in songs like "I Want It All" = Total Rock, but then there's so many many slow songs which I find very boring. Some awful ones too, "Invisible Man" anybody, probably the worst song ever recorded. They have great songs but there fair share of ****e too.

Somebody above mentioned no fillers on either album. Isn't Invisible Man on Hits 2?

Im also never won over on Brian May's ability as a guitarist. He's a legend but he's not the best. I was embarassed for him when I seen him with Satch and Vai years ago. He was a nothing in the show. His solo stuff though is quite interesting. Of all queen songs I like the ones he wrote the best.

But Freddie, that man could sing like nobody else. Some of them notes he hits are just amazing. Pity that the first thing people normally think of when they hear of him is that he was a homosexual who died with aids.

I also hate the Queen experimentation in some songs like at he start of innuendo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Queen are and still are one of the premier rock bands of any generation, couple with one of the greatest frontmen ever, they are one of the few bands that were the complete package.

Have to agree with Doctor J, his performance at Live Aid still sends shivers down my spine.

My favourite song is Bohemian, just because I heard it a lot as a kid and it was number 1 the year I was born :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

They had some classics for sure, "flash, ah aaaaaaa" ;D

They had some good slow songs 2, who wants to live forever was good shít. I love brian mays guitar playing on innuendo, never get sick of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Keano_sli

Yeah, Kinda band you only appreciate as you get older. But saying that when I was 11 we feckin loved "Radio Gaa gaa" and "I want to break free"

• Advertisement

elvis2002 wrote:
    I also hate the Queen experimentation in some songs like at he start of innuendo.

Blah! Innuendo was on of their absolute best!

I've always liked them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Yes liked Queen,
    ,,still do,,they were a constantly evolving talent,,just like any of the bands I like,,never stick to the same ol' same ol'.. Good musicians and just a great all round ability to tackle any type of song they wanted...never stuck for ideas..ahh the music of greatness,,yup Ill have some of that. Freddie was a great talent,,he and Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull are/were the most flambouyant frontmen Ive ever seen and the best too.
    ahh well back to RUSH ,,it gets better and better hehehehe

ciao' amigos....Baggio.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Well i gues itll have to be me to upset the apple cart and say i think theyre absolute bollocks. Along with dire straits i think queen are one of the worst bands ever. Theyve got a few good songs, but i spent my entire childhood being forced to listen to my brother playing queen around the bloody clock, so i know every f*cking album inside out and they STILL suck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Repent heretic!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Like Queen, always have. Just have the Greatest Hits stuff. I think a lot of people are afraid of slagging them off because they know they'll be outnumbered !!!!!

yeah, like people are afraid of salagging U2. They're not that good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

There was NEVER a third one!

ROLF :D

omnicorp - finally a decent thread from you. But WTF U2???? Are you mad? I'm not a huge fan of U2 but for god sake the're a huge band. Even if you don't like them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

Deadwing wrote:
    Along with dire straits i think queen are one of the worst bands ever. .

Well Fair enough point on the Queen. Bit over rated mainly but Dire Straits? I hope u burn hell mother fcker! :) I have every album, every video, every single, every solo album of dire straits and I never grow tired of them. Pure intelligence in a band and now u2 crap which all sounds the same!

• Advertisement

Sorry Ricardo, but U2 are a talentless bunch of ****wits. The edge should be strangled with his own guitar strings as far as I'm concerned.

Advertisement