Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ire Vs USA

• 20-11-2004 4:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭

I mean sweet jes*s.We were crap in the first half.My god what was the story.
    Only real good that came out of it was Bowe and Leamy and that Murphy is in his best postion in full back.

Hump took ages to get going? but he broke the 500 mark so congrads to him.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

you mean usa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

parasite wrote:
    you mean usa
    Such a dumbass.(Changed now)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Watched it on tv... wasn't great, but not too bad either.

I don't know if we're ever going to get psyched for the USAs of the world. It shows us up badly as lacking the killer touch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

i have to say it was the most boring game of rugby i have ever watched in my life... no matter how good the irish team is, when the opposition is as poor as USA, its never going to be a good match... we may have scored 55 points, that being the only upside of today's outing...

Luckily i didnt go to the game. I watched it in bed with a hangover instead... :p

Are we in trouble against Arg.
    They beat France and France beat the Aussies.Results

Anybody know anything on these matches,were they 2nd string teams was it a tight match...........yada..........yada

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭boomdogman

Why are the so bad? they have a large rugby playing population, ok thinly spread and its the zth sport but they must have more of a base than us? And they can get size and strength. So why so bad? And will they get there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

The USA are bad at a senior club level because it does not have a large fanbase, and therefore there is not much money in senior clubs. A potentially excellent American rugby player would be more likely to hone his skills at a more popular sport as it would offer greater prestige and wealth. I would imagine American Football requires similar attributes

boomdogman wrote:
    Why are the so bad? they have a large rugby playing population, ok thinly spread and its the zth sport but they must have more of a base than us? And they can get size and strength. So why so bad? And will they get there?

You could same the same about soccer.But generally there isnt enough interest in rugby over there.Dunno why?

Com'on like havin clubs call "Aspen gentleman" or whatever the hell they were.
    Sending amatuers and people who play it in college for fun out against fully fledged Pro's that aint right. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Nukem wrote:
    Com'on like havin clubs call "Aspen gentleman" or whatever the hell they were.

Gentlemen of Aspen.

The club that provided the bulk of the players to the US squad for the 1999 World Cup. I know cause I have the program.

Don't know whether it still dominates but my God, what a wussy name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

The first half was really forgettable.
    But once they got going in the second half it was watchable.
    Stringer comin on helped them.
    Easterby is just a bit too slow.
    The new caps were good, looked confident with the ball.

Argentina will test them but we can take them at home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭spanner

the weather didnt suit the irish running game, the usa have big guys but it was plain to see they were amiteurs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

/whispers I dont want to hurt his feelins, cause i hear he's a regular boardsie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement