Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nirvana - With The Lights Out

Options
  • 20-11-2004 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭

got this yesterday; almost finished CD2

some great stuff on it; had heard bits and pieces on the Outcesticide bootlegs.

what do people think of the packaging?

it's annoying the way the booklet keeps falling out
    also the tracklisting page that's glued onto the back of the box is crooked and barely hanging on. Needs glue or summat to hold it on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

You got it YESTERDAY??? How?? It's not released until Monday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

You got it YESTERDAY??? How?? It's not released until Monday!

This is Ireland.
    Generally for major label stuff we get new releases on the Friday as opposed to the following Monday. i.e. 3 days earlier than the UK
    And have done for the last 11 or 12 years

Got mine in Top Twenty Naas - your neck of the woods

I didn't know that...but then, I'm 16 and I haven't really been bothered with release dates before.

I'm much nearer Dublin then Naas though and I won't be able to get it until next Friday at the earliest. How good is it? What's the DVD like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

where's the cheapest place to go for this ? saw it for 70 yoyos earlier, nearly choked on my juicy fruit. may have to wait for it as a christmas present :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

pyure wrote:
    where's the cheapest place to go for this ? saw it for 70 yoyos earlier, nearly choked on my juicy fruit. may have to wait for it as a christmas present :(

I paid 70 too, but I wanted to have it for the weeked
    you'd probably get it cheaper online
    I'm trying to avoid hurting my credit card for the next few months so anything I buy is laser or cash. i.e. my own money

DVD is good esp the 1988 footage
    plus the In Bloom video is there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

'Tis £37 (€54 approx.) over at play.com through the Pound Sterling option.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

holy **** this is what happens when you put guitar down for about two months. you lose all interest in music and dont even know somethin like this is out! thank god my birthday is on saturday! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 patsmear

any1 noticed how the box is heat sensitive and when you press your hand against it it turns white so you can read notes on recordings etc?
    the tracklist on the back isn't supposed to stay on by the way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

nlgbbbblth wrote:
    This is Ireland.
    Generally for major label stuff we get new releases on the Friday as opposed to the following Monday. i.e. 3 days earlier than the UK
    And have done for the last 11 or 12 years

Got mine in Top Twenty Naas - your neck of the woods

Thank God you explained that, I would never have been that reserved in telling him !!!! :D

Him? I'm a girl...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

love the packaging.. really nice.. yes tis a pity about how the booklet falls out.. but other than that it is tastily done!

what about fitting it into a cd case? anyone ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Him? I'm a girl...

Really !!!!!??? The plot thickens........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Im really happy with this boxset, I love the solo acoustic stuff.

BolBill wrote:
    Really !!!!!??? The plot thickens........

Yes, really. And no, I'm not blonde which would undoubtedly have crossed your mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Just in the door from work, and this arrived from cdWow. €54 or thereabouts.

Only a third the way through the first disk, and most of the stuff is really cool. Love hearing the earlier recordings.

Most of the stuff I knew anyway, but I never heard any of those Outcesticide CDs before. Floyd is pretty deadly on here.

I like the "steel" front, and the heat sensitive thing is cool (thanks patsmear, I hadn't noticed it.), but how long will it last?

A must for any Nirvana Fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

i got it for christmas and i love it

there are some really cool tunes that i hadn't heard before plus they're better quality than any of the bootlegs i've heard

acoustic stuff is pretty cool too

the in bloom video is good, i didn't know chad channing was on the drums for it though, the rack tom is massive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Finally got around to putting some of the 3cds on my mp3 player today, i f*cking LOVE the version of aneurysm on it, i think its actually better than the version on incesticide! Loved D7 too, absolutely badass song.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

That version of aneurysm was already released as b-side on teen spirit. For me Old Age and Verse Chorus Verse are the best tracks.

Advertisement