Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A bad beat..

Options
  • 20-11-2004 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭

I was in the BB with 47 suited. With the blinds at 50 / 100 a midposition player raises it to 300. All fold to the button who calls. Overcome by a fit of the gambles, so do I .

The flop comes A 4 4 with 2 diamonds :) so naturally I raise. The player in midposition reraises for all his chips which folds the button. I call and proudly show my trips to which he shows me 2 red aces for a flopped house.

I'm about to close the program in disgust when the turn comes giving me the case 4 for an unbeatable quad 4's.

I proceed to win 1st place in the SnG ignoring a storm of "How could u call with that?" and other similar nonsense from the player I knocked out who stays to 'cheer' me on from the rail.

Join me next time for another bad beat story.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

not really a bad beat. You were behind all the way! Unlucky though!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

er... I think its not-a-bad-beat because he won. :)

DeV.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I would love it if I could get a few bad beats like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

oops never saw the bit at the bottom!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

As we all know Ken is a Rock.

• Advertisement
Advertisement