Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Netopia connection problem

• 20-11-2004 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I got my eircom starter pack yesterday and tried connecting online. It connected for about 20 mins with no problems and then disconnected for the rest of the day. This morning I tried it again and it worked fine for about 5 mins and now it's dead again. The dsl sync light isn't on and I think it's either a problem with the line or the modem. Is it possible for the dsl connection not to be fully switched on at Eircom or something? I'm thinking if that's the case I wouldn't have connected at all but I'm not sure. And should the dsl sync light come on first with the pc disconnect or does it have to be working fully to get the dsl light??

Anyway my modem is a Netopia 3341-EIR, anyone got any ideas what might be wrong? Any thoughts apreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Problem with your line / exchange, if the dsl sync light isnt on it means that the modem cannot connect to the dsl compliant hardware in the exchange, possibly because your line has not be activated properly or their is a fault in either your line or exchange.

Ring tech support and they should be able to give you a clearer answer.

Advertisement