Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

recommend me stuff please ?

• 20-11-2004 5:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭

Howdy, Over the past few years Ive been getting more into dance and electronic music, I still dont know too much about it though.

If I post up some music I like would yea kind folk reccomend me some similar stuff ?

I started off listening to stuff like Daft Punk, Prodigy , Chemical brothers and Fatboy Slim, DJ Shadow, Aphex Twin,

I fell in love with 2many Djs - As heard on radio soulwax part 2 and now have all 9 parts. Really good party music, I know the more hardk0re fans of this type of music see it as "fluff" but I really like it !

Recently been listening to some Felix Da Housecat , Miss Kitten a teeny bit of Dj Hype... Betcha theres lots of good stuff out there that I have no clue about =)

So anything that you think Id like ? post it up !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i think you're ready for some freeform now... then perhaps a spot of Gabba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

Seems very similar to the stuff I like. I've found that that kind of music isn't really suited to albums. There a loads of good individual songs, but you'd rarely find a good album backing it up.

Except for the new Mylo album "Destroy Rock and Roll" (especially the song "Ottos Journey"), it's a lot like Daft Punk.

The new Vitalic EP, "Fanfares" is good.

You might like the mixes done by the guys that do 110th Street. (The closest Ireland has come to 2 Many DJ's, IMO) http://www.queeporganicmusic.com/artisthtml/mix110thstreet.htm

I posted a few links to 2 Many DJ's sets here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=176208

Try the Adult. album "Resuscitation" (especially "Nausea" and "Skinline (Equation Mix)"). Very minimalist electro, a bit like Miss Kittin's "First Album".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

try some
    Jeff Mills and Chris Liebing , top stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

plazzTT wrote:
    Seems very similar to the stuff I like. I've found that that kind of music isn't really suited to albums. There a loads of good individual songs, but you'd rarely find a good album backing it up.

Except for the new Mylo album "Destroy Rock and Roll" (especially the song "Ottos Journey"), it's a lot like Daft Punk.

The new Vitalic EP, "Fanfares" is good.

You might like the mixes done by the guys that do 110th Street. (The closest Ireland has come to 2 Many DJ's, IMO) http://www.queeporganicmusic.com/artisthtml/mix110thstreet.htm

I posted a few links to 2 Many DJ's sets here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=176208

Try the Adult. album "Resuscitation" (especially "Nausea" and "Skinline (Equation Mix)"). Very minimalist electro, a bit like Miss Kittin's "First Album".

Got those 110th street mixs...quite good but slightly messy or something ? I downloaded "Destroy Rock & Roll" and didnt really liked it at all.... not upbeat enough, myabe I should give it another listen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Felix, Miss Kitten, 2manydjs???

Check out Tiga. You will definately like him. There are a few of his sets knocking around the web, but I would definately encourage you to invest in his DJ Kicks album. A ****ing quality mix, swapping tunes every 2 minutes or so, electro, techno (not too hard though) and house. Has been my favourite cd for the last 18 months.

If you like 2manydjs you will also like Erol Alkan.

• Advertisement

I think I like 2 many djs so much because they are dancible to but you can also just listen to them as backround music. Really good party music. Trying Tiga now and looking for some Erol Alkin cheers !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

check out the horrorist, and maybe sheep on drugs .. they're a bit weird though :)

Mordeth wrote:
    check out the horrorist, and maybe sheep on drugs .. they're a bit weird though :)

Saw "The Horrorist" In the Temple Bar music centre along with "The Producer" Thought The Horrorist was complete muck, looked like Bono with the big shades on shining that bloody light into the crowd and shouting at the top of his voice "The war is coming the war is coming" over very heavy techno. Everyone I talked to that night was pissed at him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

solvent - apples & synthesisers

and

solvent - solvent city

2 unreal albums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

As Mordeth said, Sheep On Drugs are quite good indeed.

You might want to check out Tweaker also, it's Chris Vrenna's main project. The album "The Attraction To All Things Uncertain" is quite excellent. You can check out some mp3s and videos on www.tweaker.net

I also recommend ohGr, which is yer man from Skinny Puppy, but it's very different stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Tusky wrote:
    I think I like 2 many djs so much because they are dancible to but you can also just listen to them as backround music. Really good party music. Trying Tiga now and looking for some Erol Alkin cheers !

Here is Tiga from the Breezeblock

http://www.miksit.com/sessions/guest/tiga_-_breezeblock_mix.mp3

Also I have all the 2 Many DJ's 'as heard on radio soulwax' series plus the 'hang all DJ's' series if anyone has some space to host them I'll gladly stick them up on the interweb....

KevIRL wrote:
    Here is Tiga from the Breezeblock

http://www.miksit.com/sessions/guest/tiga_-_breezeblock_mix.mp3

Also I have all the 2 Many DJ's 'as heard on radio soulwax' series plus the 'hang all DJ's' series if anyone has some space to host them I'll gladly stick them up on the interweb....

I have all the "as heard on radio soulwax" ones but none of the "Hang The Dj"s are they worth getting ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Erol alkans "one louder" mix Cd that was free with the Now defunct MUZIK mag is one of the best Mixes you will ever hear of that kinda stuff. Try to get that asap.

Also try these:

Ivan Smagghe - Suck my deck.

any of DJ hells stuff.

Alter Ego's Breezeblock set

Felix's Breezeblock set

Plump Djs

also there is a few good mixes on www.backlash.ie (very good thursday night club in wax)

sean

If you cant find that Erol mix, ill send you a copy, I think everyone should have it!

Maybe you could DCC it to me ? Cant seem to find it anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Check out some of the following acts & DJs:

Underworld
    Leftfield
    Goldie
    Fila Brazillia
    Richie Hawtin
    Keving Saunderson
    Seba
    Royksopp
    Bonobo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

i think the best thing about 2manydjs is it electism, the way it samples stuff from all over the place and not just old soul records

in saying that i also like the way it mostly samples alot of rock, I like dance groups with a edge to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

If you like the latter parts of "As Heard On..." then you'll like the "Hang The DJ's" series.

My favourites are As Heard On Radio Soulwax Parts 1-3. They're definately different from the rest I think.

In fact, it's likely that most of the rest aren't even mixed by 2MDJ's / Soulwax: http://2manydjs.free.fr/articles.php?lng=en&pg=94

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭pookster

Hey Tusky,

If you are into 2 Many DJ's and Felix, you should like this mix. Its one I did up for some guys I'm in touch with in England. They have a great website with a variety of music on it. Plazz TT has allready mentioned it as well.

Heres the link

http://www.queeporganicmusic.com/artisthtml/mixterrylyonsbiog.htm

And heres the Tracklistin, its an hour long.

Enjoy and let me know what ye think and I'll do another one up.
    Cheers,
    Terry.

01 GROOVE ARMADA - SUPERSTYLIN
    02 ROYSKOPP - EPLE (SHAKEDOWN MIX)
    03 DANIEL DIAMOND - CHAMPU
    04 DOT ALISON - SUBSTANCE (FELIX DA HOUSECAT MIX)
    05 SAMPLE - KILL BILL
    06 SIMPLE MINDS - SPACE FACE (TOMCRAFT MIX)
    07 LADYTRON - SEVENTEEN (SLAM REMIX)
    08 DOGMA 3000 - NO MORE
    09 NEW ORDER - BLUE MONDAY
    10 ELECTRIC 6 - DANGER! HIGH VOLTAGE (SOULCHILD BLITZ MIX)
    11 BASEMENT JAXX - WHERES YOUR HEAD AT (EXTENDED MIX)
    12 ALTER EGO - ROCKER
    13 PUNX - THE ROCK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

That looks like a savage mix pookster, loads of great tunes there!

Downloading it now :D Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭pookster

Giles wrote:
    That looks like a savage mix pookster, loads of great tunes there!

Downloading it now :D Cheers.

Good stuff Giles, I've stuck it in its own thread now.

Hope ya like it man.
    Pookster

• Advertisement

Downloading now - Will tell you what I think !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭keithdowney

then when you need to chill:

http://www.psychonavigation.com

grab the psychokinesis cd.its one my favourites!

trust me!!

ta,keith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

A bit different than some of the other suggestions but Sasha's Global Underground San Francisco is one of my favourite CDs of all time for its mixing, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

All of those GU cds would be edited though so there would be totally perfect mixing. Having said that Sasha is one of the best in the business when it comes to mixing. Check out his GU Ibiza, I prefer it over SF myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

That's a fair point...However the selection/order of tracks is top notch - with or without the engineer!

Have the Ibiza one too but guess SF stays as my no.1

Advertisement