Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The incredibles.............meh

• 20-11-2004 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

saw this earlier today

*note* do not attend early saturday morning shows..........annoying kids climbing over chairs and cryin when their popcorn spills on ur shoes...anyway, dats my own fault for my eagerness to see it!

yes well its ok...bit dissappointed on the humour side and the middle kind of loses ur interest but u can look forward to a good ending involving baby incredible :D

but my main complaint are the close-ups.
    technology hasnt evolved enough to be creating computer generated humans...its really annoying when the voice doesnt quite match the mouth movements...
    it worked on finding nemo cuz they were fish dammit!

anyway thats just my opinion and im very nitpicky :rolleyes:

check it out anyway but dont expect a dory or a donkey to entertain ya

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭samo

I may not be that up on fims, but has this opened yet?? I saw a preview of this on a CD rom that was given out a few weeks back and looks like it could be a tough one story wise - its meant to be a bit over the heads of little kids.

Its a tall order for a film to compete with nemo IMO - (that means you sharktale)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Loretta.

no i wudnt say its over the head of kids cuz it still has the basic superhero plot throughout and theres plenty of explosions and fights to keep them entertained...in fact i think thats why i didnt like it that much cuz then the script suffered..

and ur right..its not due for release till thursday but for some reason theres previews on this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Loretta. wrote:
    saw this earlier today
    mplaint are the close-ups.
    technology hasnt evolved enough to be creating computer generated humans...its really annoying when the voice doesnt quite match the mouth movements...
    it worked on finding nemo cuz they were fish dammit!

anyway thats just my opinion and im very nitpicky :rolleyes:
    Final Fantasy: The spirits within, no probs there with creating human characters, close ups were amazing in that and still are.
    I'm looking forward to wathing the movie, prob see it next weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Needless to say, you were on the internet, registering your complaints within minutes.

I haven't seen it yet, but from what I can gather, this is the first time that Pixar have strayed from their tried-and-true "buddy" template, and they're moving into slightly unfamiliar, dangerous territory. I think there's a real danger right here that they could lose some of their fans who just want something more of the same, and in this they seem to be missing the lovable, goofy sidekick.

Hopefully, it will pay off.

Regarding the quality of the animation.. I was reading something about the "uncanny valley", a theory in robotics which says that we relate better to things the closer they come to looking like real humans, but close to absolute realism, our ability to relate drops into a valley (the "uncanny valley"), where we freak out at this spooky nearly-but-not-quite human thing. There's more on Wikipedia if anyone's interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_Valley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Loretta.

ObeyGiant wrote:
    Needless to say, you were on the internet, registering your complaints within minutes.

but of course...the people must be informed

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

ahh it rocked,kinda waned in the middle yeh but still a really good fillm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

yaeh, i loved it. and i don't usually enjoy disney/pixar's stuff this much, but i did see it at 10.40 last saturday night so there was no kids to annoy me. still the screen was pretty packed out but it was a good crowd.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thought it was great. And the CGI was amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

brilliant film, very funny through out. Go see it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jared almasy

ive been watching the trailers and biding my time to watch this film...too busy at the moment but ill squeeze it in sometime. the cgi looks ok, nice and tidy. also jason lee as the baddie...stroke of genius. its on my to-do list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

i thought it was a great, not as good as "finding nemo" of course but still another great pixar movie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Saw it yesterday, and I loved it. Its a bit more adult than previous pixar movies. By that, I mean that there is lots of character interaction and dialogue in it. Its very witty stuff, but some kids in the cinema were really getting bored with it (they want more action and slapstick). The animation is absolutely top notch (especially noticeable was the hair....!), but its not as beautiful as Nemo. Story was great - I don't agree that it sagged in the middle - it was all great stuff.

Go see....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Saw it last night, and I really enjoyed it. I agree with TmB that there was a lot more for adults in it than other Pixar movies.

I heard other people too commenting that they had a ways to go to get the characters more human, but I think it works much better with the way they animate them now. It brings the characters to a level of realism, but not so real that they can't believably do cartoon-style unreal tricks, and get blown up or fall from a 10-storey building.

Animation was unbelievable at some points. They have "scenery" down to a fine art. There are some parts where the camera is panning across a scene, and it's so close to being actual video footage it's almost indistinguishable. There's also a part at the end with a 100-foot robot falling into a lake, and if they had told me they actually built a real-life model, dumped it in a lake and filmed it, then I wouldn't blink an eyelid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I have to laugh when I see someone who can't seem to grasp the concept of a full keyboard giving out about a script lacking...

Saw this last night, and I have to say its one of the best flicks I've been to in a while. Surprisingly darker then I was expecting, or maybe its because its just a different direction for Pixar, but still wholey worthwhile viewing, especially so if you're a fan of the superhero genre. Played a lot of the cliches for what they were ("monologuing", anyone? :D), which still being serious enough to be an enjoyable superhero flick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Went to see it Saturday night in the UGC with my daughter (strangely enough she was the only child there under 12) and we both loved it - funny film, great animation and a somewhat decent story.

That said, I have ever intention on going to see it again drunk with my other half - if I laughed at it when sober, I am going to be on the floor laughing whilst drunk :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭weerez

I really liked it. Though it was funny I think the best thing about it was the whole action/adventure aspect. Best Pixar film to date bar the two Toy Story films

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Their best film to date, but possibly because I dig the whole Superhero thing anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

I loved it and I thought it was better than Nemo, which I've always thought was overrated. My new top 5 Disney/Pixar list looks like this;

1. Toy Story
    2. Toy Story 2
    3. The Incredibles
    4. Finding Nemo
    5. Monsters Inc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Saw it today, thought it was pretty good.
    Animation is fantastic, I don't know why people would complain about it. I did find it sagged a little bit in the middle but other that I've no real complaints. Jason Lee did a great job, and the costume designer one was funny as hell.
    Far better than Finding Nemo, which I thought was pretty crap, dunno how everyone likes it so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I also fail to see the attraction of Finding Nemo, I mean it's rather dull :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I thought it was pretty weak compared to other Pixar movies. Verrrry slow start. The CGI was pretty amazing but that's hardly a reason to go see a film.
    I'd give it 3 out of 5 I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i really enjoyed it.

The storyline is great for comic fans as its
    the watchmen storyline with a happy ending and 1950's heroes instead of the darker vigilante type
    jason lee was great and the little nudge to the kevin smith films was great ("whats your name? Brodie? bobby?...")

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

watched it today! loved it!

but I didn't get what is the infant's power?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

CyberGhost wrote:
    watched it today! loved it!

but I didn't get what is the infant's power?

???
    Did you not watch the last 2 minutes of the film?

eth0_ wrote:
    ???
    Did you not watch the last 2 minutes of the film?
    he changed into some monster, is he a morph?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Saw it tonight, brought my younger brother and sister. I loved it. Much better than Finding Nemo.
    Its up there with Toy Story and Monsters Inc for me. One of the best movies of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Phil_321

Joint best film I've seen this year (with Bad Santa). Great humour and the action was amazing, best action I've seen in years, exhilarating stuff. This is a modern classic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

eth0_ wrote:
    I thought it was pretty weak compared to other Pixar movies.

Even compared to Finding Nemo which, in a nutshell, was awful?

Rabies wrote:
    Originally Posted by OfflerCrocGod
    Kylie is one ugly chick - don't get me wrong I'd do her but I don't think she is that good looking

wow my respect for Offler just raised up a notch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Seen this on Sunday night - its a good film but it took ages to get going, there was ages at the start where nothing really happened, thought they could have made it much funnier.

But really good viewing overall.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Thought it was frakking brilliant. Some very funny moments coupled with quite a decent storyline. Worked well on levels of drama, comedy, and action. One of the best of the 100 or so cinema movies I've seen this year.

Advertisement