Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nooooooo!! Burn In Hell Ambassador

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

didn't see anyone checked for id last night at the ambassador, I reckon you're safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 FistyBuns

As for the megadeth/metallica debate, I prefer the original source material...

By the way, where do I get a fake ID that says I am under 18?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Over 18's Proper order I say, kids are ruining gigs.......They jump around at the latest release and when an oldy is played they look lost :)

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

woooo got my ticket today!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait !!!!!! gl wit the under 18 thing, thats why i couldnt see them last time they was here , was only 16 i think ? soon to b 20 ( next wednesday ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I went to the Mark Lanegan Band last Tuesday (good gig!) and there were two 15 or so year olds who couldn't get in without ID. First time I saw this at the Ambassador.
    Originally posted by Ph3n0m
    Read the tickets - it probably says under 18's are allowed as long as they are accompanied by someone over 21 - so let me give you a good suggestion - find someone over 21 to "accompany" you to the gig.
    Nowadays, most tickets have the "over 18s - ID required" warning, and in any case, being accompanied by an adult doesn't work as easily as you think. Times have changed.
    Originally posted by FistyBuns
    By the way, where do I get a fake ID that says I am under 18?
    Why the hell would you need a fake ID to say you're under 18?

Can't say... 'tis a secret.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Lol. Some people just won't pay the full price for a cinema ticket! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Mother of jaysus they want €41.50 per ticket before they add on the extra bits

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

what extra bits?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Mother of jaysus they want €41.50 per ticket before they add on the extra bits

That is by far and away the worst price I've ever seen for a gig in a place like the ambassador. There's no way in hell I'm going to that gig!

Put it this way- 41.50 for megadeth in the ambassador, or 14 euro for biffy clyro in whelans! And biffy clyro will be much better anyway! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

megadeth are reffered to in my irish novel...so is john lennon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

yes, i heard about that, he's listening to them sometime right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Sonic Titan

I know it sucks but the reason they have gigs at 18+ is that there are bars in these venues and that's just the way it is.

nooo, they insult them. he's listening to lennon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Rozabeez wrote:
    megadeth are reffered to in my irish novel...so is john lennon.

What's the name of the novel?

áililiu bop siuáidi. if that's spelt right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭asphalt-cushion

Rozabeez wrote:
    áililiu bop siuáidi. if that's spelt right.

Yeah i studied that too. In fact the author was my teacher!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Drevin Fairy

evad_lhorg wrote:
    oh and megadeth are? fookin cheesy cock munchers. metallica wannabes is all they are ;)

Well said. Sumhow, I just can't seem to get upset over the fact that the under18's wont get in.
    Sob, Sob

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I'd actually say that "Call of Ktulu" comes from H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulu Mythos. Only thing is no one wanted to get sued :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

This thread really should have proven that in the vast majority of cases the under-18's will get in. Sorry to rain on your hate parade. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

the ambassdor is a lienced presmises they have to ensure they dont get doen for having under agers in. it sucks but they got a business to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

When are they playing?

Advertisement