Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to Conceive

Options
  • 20-11-2004 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi Guys,

Am new to this site and am hoping that you can help me. My husband and I have decide to try for a baby. I have come of the pill after 16 years (on and off) and have started my folic acid. Can you give me any tips. I know that it could take up to a year after coming off the pill and not to get disheartened but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tizzy Dongue :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Blinda

FOR STARTERS
    Wait and record your menstral cycle for 6 months to highlight fertile time.
    Assess lifestyle of both potential parents.
    Environment: Living & working;
    Smoking/alcohol; Chemicles & pollution/ fumes:
    Painters / Deasel fitters / printers / Dyes/ Anaesthetics.
    Find a Parenting course - babies don't come with instructions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Blinda also left out that you may want to have sex a couple of times as well. Just to help things along. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Miner

Have a look at the TTC discussions board on rollercoaster.ie. Loads of women there who've been there done that. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

"Blinda also left out that you may want to have sex a couple of times as well. Just to help things along"
    :) made me smile anyway.
    wishing you the best of luck tizzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Tizzy Dongue

Thanks folks. Will Go to Rollercoaster and take a look. I am under no illusions about how long this can take. I am fully expecting it to take a year or more but if it happens earlier that would be great.
    If you think off anything else then all help accepted. Although I won't be standing on my head everytime we have had sex :D . This one was suggested by a friend.
    Anyway thanks again. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Ba_barbaraAnne

.....Although I won't be standing on my head everytime we have had sex :D . This one was suggested by a friend.
    Anyway thanks again. :rolleyes:

A bit drastic - just stay lying on your tum afterwards. Helps the sperm to swim in the right direction - honest! Good luck

Advertisement