Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas present budget...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Kdjacs parenting tip no:125784
    Xmas day , kids only stop playing with toys when YOU dont play with them.
    Luckily i copped onto that 1st xmas with kelly, they dont care what they get once mammy and daddy (or both mammies and both daddies , or mammy and new daddy have to be pc :D ) play with them.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe

can anyone reccommend somethin for a 7mth old?
    my self and my ex ( alex's mam ) bought him 7 toys that make noise and music etc that he can play with but i want to get him something from myself.
    since we split up, i want something i can give him from me. that he can have at my house to play with when he comes over.
    i know he's only 7 months old but i want to get him somethin that he can have for a while and that he will remember who got it for him!

any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

can anyone reccommend somethin for a 7mth old?
    my self and my ex ( alex's mam ) bought him 7 toys that make noise and music etc that he can play with but i want to get him something from myself.
    since we split up, i want something i can give him from me. that he can have at my house to play with when he comes over.
    i know he's only 7 months old but i want to get him somethin that he can have for a while and that he will remember who got it for him!

any ideas?

walker

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe

KdjaC wrote:
    walker

kdjac

got him 2..... we got more or less everything you can think of already!
    thats why its sooo hard to buy for him!
    i was thinking of an x-box... but id probably play it more :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

i was thinking of an x-box... but id probably play it more :cool:
    Is that for the seven month old or for yourself ?

Its a difficult age to buy for, I think I,d go for a good quality big cuddley toy at that age or take a trip to the Early learning center for something more interactive,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

My uncle's son Ben will be exactly 7 months on Christmas day and I got him a great present in Dunnes - its a Fisher Price table with lights and lots of activities - it was half price from €45.99 to €22.50 - looks great. Best place to get some toys for babies is Smyths, Early Learning Centre and Tesco. Just check their suitable for his age. The V-tech walker/push-along thingy is great and encourages them to crawl and walk and has lots of activities on it and lights which they all love. Also you cant go wrong with a singing Barney, Bear or the new Teletubbies out that has the "tele" which moves and has music and pictures and the things on their head light up. Try not to get him too much if you can as they get bored fairly fast with them.

Also Denis - some great stocking filler ideas. Heatons and Pound City are great for those. For those with older kids a Magic 8 ball is great - they have Shrek 2 ones too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Bessacadia wrote:
    I once saw Monopoly in a wooden box, should have got it when I saw it of course, and now can't find one anywhere.

Seen any lately??:)

Top Floor of Marks & Spencer (Jervis), have a huge range of quality made games including (IIRC) the wooden scrabble one. There's also a huge, georgous wooden compendium of about seven games all wood.

As an aside, we've no kids but I think we've spent about €1500 on gifts for family & each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

You people are all mad.

A 7 month old baby will spend more time playing with a cardboard box than anything else.

Advertisement