Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

We're sick of it!!!

• 21-11-2004 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

What is wrong with people today??? do they have to complain about everything and turn our country into a fascist state, where we can't have any craic at all? Every week, we get complaints about our organisation, saying we are a disgrace to Ireland, we should stop promoting alcohol etc...blah blah blah! These complainers are probably the same people who complained about Tommy Tiernans appearence on the late late. Well sorry, but we want to enjoy our youth and have the craic! We don't want to be a 40 year old one day and have nothing else to doother than complain, complain, complain. We wanna have good memories of our youth, not memories of constantly doing school work 24/7 and not getting out to have a bit of fun! Wot do you folk out there think, are all these complainers just just out of touch with modern society??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Pipe down and finish your homework.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Kain

I'd say they have the right to complain cause:
    1. since this isn't a fascist state they have the right to free speech (shock, horror :eek: )
    2. this country has one of the higest binge drinking problems in the EU
    3. you can bearly get on the luas with out either a drunk, a scumbag, a skanger, or a combination of all three getting on as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Are you in anyway affiliated with DAMM (Drunks against mad mothers?) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

if no one complained the world would be an ugly place to live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

We're Irish. We're only happy when we're moaning. We moan about the smoking ban, we moan about the tax, we can't moan about the weather, as its getting good. We actually had 3, yes THREE sunny hot days this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

What's wrong with complaining about drunk scumbags? Since when do you need to get drunk to have fun? Anyway this is blatant advertisement for these muppets I wonder if the mods will allow this.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

*we don't talk about love... we only want to get drunk*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Aava

mmbtt wrote:
    What is wrong with people today??? do they have to complain about everything?
    Oh, the irony...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Aava wrote:
    Oh, the irony...
    i found that quite amuzing too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Someone has to stop overthinking Guinness adverts...

• Advertisement

When I were lad we used to drink a gallon of cider each, only cost a farthing, the villagers used to bitch and moan about us, we didn't care even when we got back to the paper bag in the septic tank where our old man used to thrash us to sleep with his belt...

... But I don't expect the young folk of today will ever believe that :p

Belt? When I were young, our dad couldn't afford a belt, and he had to make do with thrashing us with a rusty chain! And we were grateful for it, too! It was the only way to keep warm, because we couldn't afford fire...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Irish people always complain to each other, but never to the actual person they are complaing about.

Irish people always complain to each other, but never to the actual person they are complaing about.
    First thoughts on this: civil servant - tax office - when you thought you had a claim, and find you don't: the complaint being some asshole in HR that's just left- you were in the wrong tax band and now owe them... :eek: , (Just doing their job - asshole because I'm screwed here and their not cosmic about my rantings :-) maitre D in a posh restaurant - the red wine is not the correct temperature - more usually -d'ya call that well done :eek:

Not strictly true: I complain te-yer-face about everything. Think we are changing as a nation imho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Oh people cannot complain about drunken idiots puking and pissing agains walls in our towns and cities, fighting outside those fast food restaurants and throwing their rubbish everywhere.

I personally dont have a problem with people getting drunk as long as they have the sense to not drink themselve to the point of puking, still be able to recognise a rubbish bin, and be able to walk from one end of town to the other without being on either side of a fist.
    What is wrong with people today???

They drink too much, that is what is wrong.
    do they have to complain about everything and turn our country into a fascist state,

They don't have to complain about everything, only the things that interfiere with their personal freedoms. If everything you do annoys or intimidates other people then I guess it would seem that they are going to complain about everything to you. Try doing something that doesn't piss people off..
    where we can't have any craic at all?

You never gave an example. so I am going to pick one for you. Here in Limerick where I live, there is the University which is not too far from milford hospice. I happened to be there on the occasion of a relative passing away. While that relative was in the final hours of their life, you could hear the students throwing glass bottles on the road, singing, swearing, and you could see the odd one or two going onto the grounds of milford hospice to have a quick slash.

But by your defanition this would be only a bit of craic.

Another example getting pissed and going back to a mates house at half three in the morning listening to wolfe tones might be a bit of craic to you, but not to the poor bastard living next door who has to get up for work in two hours.
    we get complaints about our organisation

There is a hebrew saying. "If ten men say that you look sick, see a doctor"
    saying we are a disgrace to Ireland,

Unless your organisation highlights responsibility when it comes to alcohol, then I guess your organisation is a disgrase to this country. but then that is just me.
    we should stop promoting alcohol etc...blah blah blah!

I take it from the "blah blah blah" comment that you refuse to consider the viewpoints of others?
    Well sorry, but we want to enjoy our youth and have the craic!

What is the point in having craic if your not able to remember the crack you had the following morning,.
    We don't want to be a 40 year old one day and have nothing else to doother than complain, complain, complain.

Your not forty yet and you are complaining yourself.
    Wot do you folk out there think

its spelt "What" and if I were to really put what I think of your organisation in this message it would probably be my last post on boards.

oh and your sig breaks the rules too!

mmbtt wrote:
    We don't want to be a 40 year old one day and have nothing else to doother than complain, complain, complain.

Don't worry, you'll probably be dead long before forty. Look on the bright side, I always say.

I just noticed his oversized signiture, it kinda contradicts his post don't you think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

*checks website* too...yellow...horribly laid out...ow...mine eyes

hey, i saw that "goldie locks" guys band play somewhere before. can't remember if it was in eamonn doran's or one of them de la salle school gigs..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

That is the most pointless and downright stupid site ive seen in a while.
    There is more substance to the big red button that doesnt do anything than that crap
    (see here http://www.pixelscapes.com/spatulacity/button.htm)

At least the big red button that doesnt do anything highlights people desire to push buttons even though they dont know what the effect will be.

http://www.turnofftheinternet.com would be more appropriate for these people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

mmbtt wrote:
    Wot do you folk out there think, are all these complainers just just out of touch with modern society??

No, I think that website is a meeting place for drunken simpletons.

But youse are madouva!!!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Maybe he should get on to the Minister for Finance and ask him to put a tax on complaining!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

mmbtt wrote:
    Why are you a whinger already then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Pluffy Bunny

i agree with the original poster, alcohol is great, and all you naysayers are way bad mmkayyy

Signing guestbooks is fun! ^_^

i agree with the original poster, alcohol is great, and all you naysayers are way bad mmkayyy

not when it is consumed by those who are underage, which is illegal. Last time I checked the promotion of illegal activity went against this websites policy. This thread should not even be here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Aww bless. Children can be so cute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 mmbtt

well dint think we'd get a negitive response to this topic. And do you know whats fun aswell? deleting entries in guestbooks! Thanks to everyone that supported us in this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

giving out is fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

mmbtt wrote:
    well dint think we'd get a negitive response to this topic.

Yeah, thats probably cos we're not all as MAD OURRAV IT as youse boys!

Nice one.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Because gettin locked ourra yer bin is BLEEDIN RAPA! REET?? :rolleyes:

mmbtt wrote:
    well dint think we'd get a negitive response to this topic. And do you know whats fun aswell? deleting entries in guestbooks! Thanks to everyone that supported us in this thread

did you have as much fun removing all those nu wave radio logos too. :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

honk if you hate complaining, honk if you hate complaining!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 mmbtt

well actually, the removal of the nu wave logos was rather fun! i thibk everyone will agree that pressing the delete button is fun! n yes, we ae bleedin rapid, as many of the mmbtt fans will tell you

Advertisement