Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this possible

• 21-11-2004 1:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

Just got in the ol eircom DSL. Now I have a website hosted on UTV but as Im on the eircom DSL I cant ftp to the UTV site. Is there any way around it. Appreciate any replies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

You can FTP to any site !!!!!! once you got an internet connection !!! TRY IT !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭vicbarry

Not really, kinda. I have my site hosted on UTV webspace which I had when I signed up with them for their UTV dial up. Now Im using eircom and I cant access the UTV webspace. The UTV web space can only be accessed using a UTV line!!!

Doyou have an FTP programe and address of site and password ?? Then you can access it from anywhere thats what FTP means FILE TRANSFER PROTOCOL !!

Yup, tried it through internet explorer and Dreamweaver...no joy. It wont allow me because Im using an eircom number for my net access. If I went back to my UTV dial up and I can get in no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Drapper you are wrong utv only allow access to their ftp from an ip address from the utv network

vicbarry you will probably have to move your site :(

• Advertisement

Ohhh IP detection server ....... jasus.......... MOVE QUICK

:( Thats what I thought all right. Id probably be better off paying for a hosting package anyway :(

try http://www.icecentral.net/home/domains.php its cheap and good !!

will do. cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

I think eircom is doing the same. I've move to IBB and I can no longer access the webspace from eircom. It says that I am not autorised to view the page. I guess I need to get an eircom line and get all my stuff off from there.

• Advertisement

thing is utv didnt care how much you uploaded........eircom do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

neokenzo wrote:
    I think eircom is doing the same. I've move to IBB and I can no longer access the webspace from eircom. It says that I am not autorised to view the page. I guess I need to get an eircom line and get all my stuff off from there.

don't know about the utv question but this works for your eircom space:

http://upload.eircom.net
    login with your u/p

can only upload one file at a time so it's a pain but at least you can do it
    **edit: just checked - they seem to have this url restricted now from non-eircom ip

vicbarry - try emailing utv support to see if they have a url you can access your space thru a browser
    (you could tell them you're going abroad and need to upload files to your space while overseas!!!)

thats an idea thund3rbird dont think they'd buy it. Maybe a proxy might get around it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 The One

if u just want a basic server for ur own site just get sumthin free like http://www.web1000.com

Advertisement