Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Georges Street Arcade

Options
  • 21-11-2004 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

Ok,
    A lot of the topics in this forum revert back to the liking/disliking of a certain piercing parlour in the georges street arcade. I for one cannot understand why anybody would want to go there but as I said,thats just me. I would like to get a public opinion on this place just to see how many people actually go there.

Geogres Street Arcade - Yay or Nay? 17 votes

Yay?
    0% 0 votes
    Nay?
    100% 17 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Oh god no! At the very least for the whole, "Not-sitting-on-a-stool-in-the-middle-of-the-arcade-being-watched-by-passers-by" factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

nay.

for two reasons.

1: i dont want to be pierced with a gun

2: i dont want to be pierced by an old woman with shakey hands

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

And horrible eyesight and depth perception. She might as well have bad epilepsy for all the difference it makes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Notbeing from dublin myself but having been to the george's arcade a few times i would also vote no. How could anyone think that a rickety stool is a good place to be pierced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

thus stands at 100% nay.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

No, NO and no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Can this be made a sticky to refer people to? If opinion were to change over time it would soon become evident? ( although this wont happen in our lifetimes I dont think)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Can this be made a sticky to refer people to? If opinion were to change over time it would soon become evident? ( although this wont happen in our lifetimes I dont think)

no, for all you know they could get new management tomorrow and clean up the place, not fair on them to have a source of negative rep. maybe they have but past stories still spreading....

My friends sister went there and got a scaffold bar - its perfectly healed with no problems, i went to body shock and they did it so a keloid grew on one of the holes.

Heard one other story from someone i know who went there and had no problems, heard hundreds of people call it a kip but not one of them has ever been pierced there.

Ive never been there so im not gonna vote

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

no, for all you know they could get new management tomorrow and clean up the place, not fair on them to have a source of negative rep. maybe they have but past stories still spreading....

My friends sister went there and got a scaffold bar - its perfectly healed with no problems, i went to body shock and they did it so a keloid grew on one of the holes.

Heard one other story from someone i know who went there and had no problems, heard hundreds of people call it a kip but not one of them has ever been pierced there.

Couldnt agree more.I know people who`ve been pierced in this place and not one of them has had any problems.To be totally honest I dont really agree with a poll being put up on a persons business.It could get Boards into a bit of trouble if the aforementioned place got wind of the thread.

Also whats next??A poll on snakebite,metalmorphosis,bodyshock.Just because some people dont like a place to brand them crap is in my opinion just that----AN OPINION.Personally I dont like Metalmorphosis(never been pierced there--just a feeling about the place) but Im not going to brand them as useless as there are people out there who do like the place.
    Im going to leave this open for the moment but if theres any hassle from the admins etc.its being closed.
    As for your question Blub--Im not making it a sticky.

But what I will do is if someone starts a thread recommending places where THEY THEMSELVES have had a piercing done with there GOOD or BAD experiences I will sticky that.Every piercing business thats up and running deserves a fair chance to be recommended or avoided,but Ill only sticky it if the person has had a piercing done themselves and not because a place looks bad or whatever.
    Richie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 McUdar

The only place I'd get anything pierced is in snakebite. They're the only ones who actually know what they're doing. They don't over-charge or lie and say a piercing is impossible because they're afraid to **** it up. Georges Arcade is one of the worst places i've seen. Its up there with miss fantasia

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Actually my wifes been pierced in Miss Fantasia 3 times now and she recommends them highly.How can you comment on a place unless you`ve ever been pierced there.Thats the point of my previous post.

Unless someone has been pierced there themselves then I dont see how they can comment on a place.
    Richie

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

I've had all my piercings [so far] done in miss fantasia's and i must say, i love the people there and i will more than likely get all my further piercings done in there too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

i've had maybe 10 friends who've been pierced in miss fantasia's, i agree that they're lovely people and generally generally they do a very good job, but one time one of my mates got a scaffold put in in there, and yeah, it hit some massive blood holdy thingy (i'm not going to specify vein or artery because i can't remember) in her ear and it bled for like 4 days, solidly, and she had to take it out and it took further days to stop bleeding. yerman in there was lovely about it, cos she went back, he got her stuff to inject in and help it heal but still, not too cool. i'd just be iffey about getting something done there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

well obviously mistakes will be made because, in all fairness, everybody's different and there is no real way of knowing if there is going to be a vein in the way... i understand you're point though cause i got a bad piercing in a crap hole in tthe square tallaght and it went badly septic and i had to freeze my ear and it took 2 hours to get out... needless to say i never went there again.
    but 1 out of 10 isn't bad really if you know what i mean...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

well obviously mistakes will be made because, in all fairness, everybody's different and there is no real way of knowing if there is going to be a vein in the way... i understand you're point though cause i got a bad piercing in a crap hole in tthe square tallaght and it went badly septic and i had to freeze my ear and it took 2 hours to get out... needless to say i never went there again.
    but 1 out of 10 isn't bad really if you know what i mean...

Anatomy is anatomy and people are not all that different, if something is there in one person it is in almost the same place in another.

http://education.yahoo.com/reference/gray/illustrations/figure?id=508

There's a picture of the arterial supply to the ear and head externally.

The point is that it can be mapped out and learned, someone who knows this stuff shouldn't EVER have a bleeder.

McUdar wrote:
    The only place I'd get anything pierced is in snakebite. They're the only ones who actually know what they're doing. Georges Arcade is one of the worst places i've seen. Its up there with miss fantasia

exactly what i was talking about when i said
    heard hundreds of people call it a kip but not one of them has ever been pierced there.

McUdar, got any real reasons for putting down fantasias?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭crash n byrne

But surely anyone who hasnt had to study anatomy and is just given a gun and told go ahead should not be allowed to pierce people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭church

georges arcade is a special case. anywhere that uses guns is a disgrace and it doesn't take going there and getting one used on you to know that.

i've been pierced in snakebite, body shock, a place in navan thats closed now (or maybe just does tattoos), ms fantasias and i've had stretches done in celestial ring and gun piercings from when i was a kid in accessorize and georges arcade. the only two places ive ever returned too are body shock, snakebite and ms fantasias (purely because they'd pierce me when body shock and snakebite wouldn't because of my age).

i got a really dodgy helix done in georges arcade the only time i was there that never settled. i got a lip piercing in ms fantasias that was off centre by about a milimeter but a good eyebrow piercing too. i wouldn't ge anything done in metal morphosis because of experiences i've heard and that they pierce out of clothes shops in england which i think is a bit dodge because it links piercing and tattooing to high street consumer fashion, like that graham cruz bloke you see around dublin.

they're just my experiences and opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 McUdar

i have actually been pierced there and thats how i know how **** it is, i've had stuff done in metalmorphosis, celestial ring, miss fantasia and snakebite and snakebite is the only place i'd go back to. miss fantasia's parlour's filthy i wouldn't wish it on anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 deno

I have been pierced in Georges arcade and would not recommend it. I got my belly pierced there when i was young and stupid so let them do it with a gun (bad idea). She cut me twice which actually hurt more than the piercing before she managed to do it. Then you are stuck with a stud in it for a few weeks which is not nearly big enough for a belly piercing. I also got my tongue pierced in miss fantasia which i thought were ok. They knew what they were doing but the girl that did it was a bit of a bitch. Snakebite is by far the best place i've had anything pierced and will definitely only going back there from now on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

I had my eyebrow done there a few times and one ear. All the eyebrow piercings fell out or got infected

joejoem wrote:
    I had my eyebrow done there a few times and one ear. All the eyebrow piercings fell out or got infected

why did you keep going back?
    Ackbar wrote:
    But surely anyone who hasnt had to study anatomy and is just given a gun and told go ahead should not be allowed to pierce people.

take it you've worked there then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Ro_79

Forgive my stupid question but wherabouts is Georges Street Arcade?

I got 2 peircings in a clinic in an Arcade but a guy did it both times...with a sterilised needle and he froze it before he peirced me.

My tongue peircing turned out ok but the bellybutton one.. it got a bit infected and came through the skin after a few months.

Now I am wondering..is this Georges Street Arcade? it was in the back of the shop in a clinic, but it was pretty clean though and yes there was a woman there but she didnt use a gun? its mostly the guy who does all the peircings..Anyone know if this is the shop you guys were all talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

he *froze* the needle?
    wtf....talk about dodgy
    georges street arcade is just off georgres street(funnily enough) and it looks like a shltty jewelery store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Ro_79

LOL...I explained it wrong. He didn't freeze the needle, he used anesthetic with a hypodermic needle on my navel and tongue before he used a needle to make a hole in it.

I have been lucky so far, I have not had a *really* bad reaction...

But I think in future I shall go to the Snakebite...where is it?..in Temple Bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

he used an anesthethic on your tongue?thats real dodgy too,you could swallow your tongue,ahh well,each to their own.
    Yeh go to snakebite(middle abbey street) or celestial ring(stephens green)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ailbhe

i got the lil caralidge bit of my ear peirced in georges it grew out because they hadnt really gone tru the cariledge because they used a gun i went back and asked why it grew out and they didnt know i mean i was 15 and i knew why it had grown out which just proves they dont know what the hell they are doing and im left with a very noticeable lump missing out of my ear and any body i know (which is alot as at 14 we all wnt through a peircing phase and it was all we could afford) wasnt happy with the place or ended up with an infection :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 realt

ok question about the scaffold bar i really want to get it done but all im hearing are horror stories is there anyone out there who has a good story about it?????

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

i got my ears done in the sqaure when i was about 7.. they somehow managed to put them far too much in the centre and i can only just fit 3 plain studs in the lobe bit of my ear despite having quite large lobes.... the lesson...don't get stuffed pierced in the square.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Ro_79 wrote:
    LOL...I explained it wrong. He didn't freeze the needle, he used anesthetic with a hypodermic needle on my navel and tongue before he used a needle to make a hole in it.

WHAT???? WHere did this happen? It's highly illegal for someone who is not a doctor or a nurse to administer ANY drug via intravenous or intramuscular injection, ESPECIALLY an anaesthetic! You could have had an allergic reaction and died!

What piercer did this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement