Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Georges Street Arcade

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

realt wrote:
    ok question about the scaffold bar i really want to get it done but all im hearing are horror stories is there anyone out there who has a good story about it?????
    it looks kickass. :D
    i should (hopefully) be getting one by january so ill let ya know how it goes.
    i was talking to a guy who got it done and he said there wasnt a bother on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 realt

it looks kickass. :D
    i should (hopefully) be getting one by january so ill let ya know how it goes.
    i was talking to a guy who got it done and he said there wasnt a bother on it.
    yeah do that it look deadly dontit!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Ro_79

This happened in the Georges Street Arcade...around last January I got my tongue done and a year before that my navel. The guy who did..was a stocky build guy with dyed blond hair...he also has a goatee.

I know, you are right..I realise that now..I am never feckin' going back there again!

eth0_ wrote:
    WHAT???? WHere did this happen? It's highly illegal for someone who is not a doctor or a nurse to administer ANY drug via intravenous or intramuscular injection, ESPECIALLY an anaesthetic! You could have had an allergic reaction and died!

What piercer did this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

I've had piercings done in the G/S Arcade (I was young and impressionable!), Bodyshock, Celestial Ring and Metalmorphosis. I'd go to Bodyshock or Celestial Ring again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Skellington

Ro_79 wrote:
    LOL...I explained it wrong. He didn't freeze the needle, he used anesthetic with a hypodermic needle on my navel and tongue before he used a needle to make a hole in it.
    em...wtf...are you sayin he used that spray anesthetic stuff and then used a hypodermic needle to pierce you? or did he actually inject an anesthetic with a hypodermic needle into your navel or tongue before the piercing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Nybras

Right ok, when I was young and stupid and use to drink in the William Tell :rolleyes: . Anyway, I did get my first one done there, despite the old woman with the shaky hands.
    I eventually moved on and up to getting it done with the needle, which was much cleaner.
    That place should be shut down anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yeah but first the poxy government has to start regulating tattoos and piercings. I can't see why they don't already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Jahl

I got my lip and eybrow done is georges street, lip was grand but eyebrow got infected. Unfortunatly the bad outweighs the good so i wont be back there, except to laugh, laugh at the fools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

no, for all you know they could get new management tomorrow and clean up the place, not fair on them to have a source of negative rep. maybe they have but past stories still spreading....

My friends sister went there and got a scaffold bar - its perfectly healed with no problems, i went to body shock and they did it so a keloid grew on one of the holes.

Heard one other story from someone i know who went there and had no problems, heard hundreds of people call it a kip but not one of them has ever been pierced there.

Ive never been there so im not gonna vote

Just wondering, whats this "keloid" you said grew on one of the holes. i have my naval done and theres a little tiny tiny growth thing coming out of one of the holes since i got it done 3 yrs ago. Ive never bothered to get it checked out. Got that done in se-si i think. Got my eyebrow done in Snakebites before. They were both grand, realy nice people. i think i scared them though cos I sorta screamed.
    Got my tattoo done by a piece of bamboo in a different country. Looking back it mightnt have been one of the most hygienic places to get it done...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭L.W

got my ears pierced for the third time in georges st arcade and had no problems. but to be honest it was only cos nowhere else would do it cos of my age and i would never get any other piercing other than that in that place. the first two times i got my ears pierced was in dynasty (when i was 11) and acsessories, both with a gun, and never had any problems. i know lots of people who've got piercings done in the more respectable places and have got infections. tbh i think a lot is down to luck and how well people take care of their piercing after they get it done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

What's all this about a gun? I got my ear pierced in the George's Street Arcade with a needle.

And I didn't see any rickety stool. It was a nice chair, the kind you'd find in an office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭L.W

qz wrote:
    What's all this about a gun? I got my ear pierced in the George's Street Arcade with a needle.

And I didn't see any rickety stool. It was a nice chair, the kind you'd find in an office.

your right the chair is a rather nice one. what kind of piercing did you get with the needle? they did my ears with a gun anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

L.W wrote:
    your right the chair is a rather nice one. what kind of piercing did you get with the needle? they did my ears with a gun anyway

I got the cartilage part done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

hey ive had all my piercins done with a gun and ive had probs everytime i didnt even kno u cud get it done with a needle whats it like?has ne1 had both?

I've only ever had it done with a needle and that's the way I intend to keep it. It's not too bad, painwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

yea lucky dave did u get it done?why didnt i see it yesterday?

I took mine out stupidly last summer because I was worried there was something wrong when there wasn't and now I seriously regret it. I'm going to be getting a good few in the summer and I'm now trying to decide where to get them. They'll all be in my ears and I can get about five or six. Thinking either three down each ear or maybe two in each lobe and one in left helix, something like that.

You can see the gun they use hanging on a nail on the wall at the back when you walk past. 'nuff said. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

It uses guns for all piercings. a gun which is left out in the open!
    not good enough excuse for you?

My mistake. I was under the impression that a gun was used. Still wouldn't trust a place that doesn't care about age. I know there are no laws but sure you'd expect some sort of self impresssed laws

Talking to you isn't a valid reason IMO. i would only get pierced in a place that would ensure that i was the right age. ie turning up with ID

They give you an option of the gun, for a few pence, or the needle, for a realistic price. If they're going to use a gun, at least they could make sure it's clean. Oh, and before you come shouting about how clean it is, don't worry, I'm sure they give it a good rinse under the tap. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

See Snakebite has a rep!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement