Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Georges Street Arcade

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

Ok everyone, there has been alot said good and bad. Personally i couldnt give a crap, BUT the said person is my best mate, I did best man for him two yrs ago and he's returning the favour.

Anyways he's very dedicated about his business and always takes on opinions. If ppl dont mind and of course the mods dont, im gonna show him this thread tomorrow and see what he thinks.

Maybe he'll learn something he didnt know maybe he won't. But whatever arsshole said he had aids(or heard he did) COP THE F00K on, Do u really believe this.

So hopefully he'll make an apperance if this is allowed. (thread empties and everyone legs it :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

AFAIK no one on this thread said anything about AIDS. That was an outside moron.

No probs and thx. Seriously hopefully he'll take a look.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

No it wasn't. If he reads this, I'd personally like to give him one piece of advice. If he wants to be taken seriously, and he's good enough to pierce professionally, as you think he is, then he should do an apprenticeship and do it the right way. When he's done that, then, and only then, will I consider him fit to pierce me.

No it wasn't. If he reads this, I'd personally like to give him one piece of advice. If he wants to be taken seriously, and he's good enough to pierce professionally, as you think he is, then he should do an apprenticeship and do it the right way. When he's done that, then, and only then, will I consider him fit to pierce me.

and you know he hasn'y done an apprenticeship?

Deffo 15 yrs.

• Advertisement

I rang him today and he said he was too busy :rolleyes: to talk and he'll call me tonight. So ill tell him then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭sarahg_angel69

i got my belly pierced in GSA and had no probs whatsoever with it!! but im gettin my tongue pierced and no offence to the place but i wouldnt get it done ther!! goin to get it in snakebite.......
    i think the fact that its in the middle of an open arcade and there is no private room puts people off!!! o and the old woman wit shakey hands......in all fairness tho she went to put the bar in my belly and dropped it on the floor and whilst holdin my belly leant backwards to try and pick it up...ouch.....luckily she didn attempt to but in in my piercing!!!
    i would only go there for ears and belly tho!!
    and iv had all my ear piercings done wit gun..6 in left ear..3 in right and they are fine!! neva had probs!!
    everyone to their own ways as they say!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I was there around a year ago when my friend was getting her nipple pierced (which to be fair they did use a new needle and disinfected properly for) but there were two girls (about 14 or so) wanting to get their tongues done... the guy asked them for some ID but they had none so he said to get their mams to ring and give them permission

The two girls walked outside, talked to their other mate and got him to ring her... He went on to pierce both their tongues...

Now my friend never had any problem with her nipple piercing (apart from the fact that, IMO, they look mank and there was an old guy kept walking by and glancing over at her in the alcove) but another friend of mine got her belly button done in Miss Fantasias that same day...

They didn't put even an elastoplast over it and just left it rubbing off her top... ok she should've asked for something and it's partially her fault for not pointing it out to them, even when her belly started bleeding quite substantially, but it's absolutely ludicrous to not cover a piercing (which is effectively an open wound and succeptible (sp?) to disease and infection) when it's just fresh...

Even yer man in George's St. Arcade was saying it was awful that they didn't cover the piercing and he was the one piercing two 14 year olds tongues...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

This was only about a year ago... they're hardly gonna have done a complete U-turn on ID in that time...

As you said yourself they get people to ring their parents to check out their DOB which could very very easily be their mate outside...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

joejoem wrote:
    I had my eyebrow done there a few times and one ear. All the eyebrow piercings fell out or got infected

ive had two eye brow piercings in georges arcade(which were not done by gun), they didnt fall out or get infected...

i also had my ear done which was fine.

but having said that, their rickety chair is awfully bogey and the granny is a bit dodge too....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Can you not see how dodgy that is? The should accept passport/drivers licence/Garda ID and nothing else.

They should be f*cking ashamed of themselves piercing a 14 year old and i'm really surprised no parent has sued them for assaulting their child.
    They don't ask me for permission though because I do be in there alot talking to them.

Oh, well, that's alright then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

It uses guns for all piercings. a gun which is left out in the open!
    not good enough excuse for you?

Are you serious, they leave it out in the open? Do they not have an autoclave?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

You can see the gun they use hanging on a nail on the wall at the back when you walk past. 'nuff said. :rolleyes:
    my source eth0_

if its wrong. i apologise. Mind you it wouldn't suprise me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

They don't leave it hanging on the wall they have one of those things that barbers use for hairbrushes. the ultimate thing that would turn me off gsa is a friend of mine not a foaf but some i know well got his tongue pierced there with a gun was assured it would be fine. then spent a couple of days in hospital having to have the stud they put in cut out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Afaik, you cannot autoclave a gun as it cannot take the heat. I was in the GSA a few months ago and there was a sign on the wall saying 'Defamation is A Illegal Offence' Made me laugh anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I´ve seen it hanging on the wall. Maybe they give it a dip in something before they use it, would that make oyu feel safe? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

steveland? wrote:
    They didn't put even an elastoplast over it and just left it rubbing off her top... ok she should've asked for something and it's partially her fault for not pointing it out to them, even when her belly started bleeding quite substantially, but it's absolutely ludicrous to not cover a piercing (which is effectively an open wound and succeptible (sp?) to disease and infection) when it's just fresh...

Even yer man in George's St. Arcade was saying it was awful that they didn't cover the piercing and he was the one piercing two 14 year olds tongues...

I was gonna comment on this yesterday and today thought I had to, but what piercing studio covers a fresh piercing?
    It is not the done thing.
    Fresh piercings are normally left open and not closed as that would provide a warm and enclosed atmosphere for bacteria.
    I have never seen a fresh piercing being covered.......maybe it is just me, a quick google of aftercare sheets for piercings also bring up zero where they mention covering or removing covers etc..........a piercer should really know this, but then they would have to do the standard blood-borne pathogens cert too that most tattoo artists and piercers have.
    At the end of the day ye can stick rusty pins in YOURSELVES for all I care just dont be advising bad studios.

The industry is unfortunately not regulated and needs it badly, please do your best to only recommend healthy clean studios that know what they are doing, personally I only recommend Snakebite as the only ones who really do know, but there are a few more that can pierce, I just wouldn't go there myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Whatever_fools

I´ve seen it hanging on the wall. Maybe they give it a dip in something before they use it, would that make oyu feel safe? :rolleyes:

Ive pierced ears with one of these guns in a well known "accessories" shop and I can tell you that although the same gun is used for everyone, different "cartridges" shold be used for each piercing.

For example, if you look at the earrings in the packet they usually sit in a white plastic thing, this is the cartridge and this is sterile...this is what they use to put the earrings into the gun and as a result the person piercing should never have to touch the earrings themseves...thus keeping everything clean and sterile.

It has been proven that washing the gun with stuff cannot guarantee to keep the piercing sterile...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

I just got a piercing there yesterday, it was my first time but as far as i can tell it is a perfectly fine place.
    Alot of my friends have got piercings done there, not one has had any problem.
    People couldnt see me anyway getting it done because i was in a kind ogf closed off place, and not on a rickety stool either, it was a proper chair!
    I can see why people maybe wouldnt want the old woman to do it, but the guy did mine and he did it perfectly.
    GLOVES WERE WORN! I honestly could not find a single problem with the place. But i suppose there are stories....So maybe i was just lucky.
    Ill definitely go there again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Strokesa wrote:
    Ill definitely go there again though.
    It's people like you that have made me give up posting in this forum....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Smiley :)
    Birthday:
    October 13, 1989

Strokesa
    Birthday:
    October 16, 1989

Nuff said.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement