Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Georges Street Arcade

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Smiley :)
    Birthday:
    October 13, 1989

Strokesa
    Birthday:
    October 16, 1989

Nuff said.

Hey Strokesa's birthday is one day before mine, but the is still the 9 years age difference LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Gilgamesh wrote:
    Hey Strokesa's birthday is one day before mine, but the is still the 9 years age difference LOL

Freaky coincidence's abound hers is the same day as mine go team libra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Blub2k4 wrote:
    I was gonna comment on this yesterday and today thought I had to, but what piercing studio covers a fresh piercing?
    It is not the done thing.
    Fresh piercings are normally left open and not closed as that would provide a warm and enclosed atmosphere for bacteria.
    I have never seen a fresh piercing being covered.......maybe it is just me, a quick google of aftercare sheets for piercings also bring up zero where they mention covering or removing covers etc..........a piercer should really know this, but then they would have to do the standard blood-borne pathogens cert too that most tattoo artists and piercers have.
    At the end of the day ye can stick rusty pins in YOURSELVES for all I care just dont be advising bad studios.
    Ah, my mistake... I know quite little about piercings, more of a fan of tattoos myself so apologies for making that assumption

That kind of shifts the blame over to GSA then since they were complaining about how they didn't put a covering on her piercing in Miss Fantasias...

Do GSA put coverings on piercings by the way?
    The industry is unfortunately not regulated and needs it badly, please do your best to only recommend healthy clean studios that know what they are doing, personally I only recommend Snakebite as the only ones who really do know, but there are a few more that can pierce, I just wouldn't go there myself.
    I wasn't recommending Miss Fantasias or GSA, I didn't recommend anywhere because I've never gotten a piercing before...

But from what I've seen/heard Snakebite and Celestial Ring are two that have the reputations of being the cleanest and safest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

steveland? wrote:

That kind of shifts the blame over to GSA then since they were complaining about how they didn't put a covering on her piercing in Miss Fantasias...

Aha....hmmmm exhibit #1 mlud :P
    steveland? wrote:
    I wasn't recommending Miss Fantasias or GSA, I didn't recommend anywhere because I've never gotten a piercing before...

That was more a general comment and not aimed at you, it was more aimed at all the self-proclaimed experts advising kiddie studios though, who aren't entertained in the more serious venues.

Guess which type of venue gets the industry a bad name........................?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

well, I don't think Blub is trying to go about them commenting on boards, but I would think they might have had to hide the piercings from their mammies for fear of been sent to bed early without any supper if they would have been caught, hence covering the piercing and then we are back to the whole infection thingy.

I mean, they were 14!!! according to Smiley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I'm being age"ist" just to annoy you, you should know that by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭cactushan

this forum is getting worse every time i read it its funny that it just seems to be one particular person that is causing this :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Just report his posts. eth0_ or Hellrazer will have to ban him if he gets enough complaints.

and SM666 you're parents like your piercings? why the hell haven't you taken them out. the number one rule of liking HIM is you have to do the oppiste of whatever your parents say or do.

Seriously though this thread is just becoming bickering. The GSA has a bad rep. It has a bad rep for a reason. No where just develops one. Sorry to tell you. If its so good, then why is it not rated as high as Celestial Ring or Snakebite? Hmm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭cactushan

the number one rule of liking HIM is you have to do the oppiste of whatever your parents say or do.

ha ha funny

i have not said anything other than it has a bad rep.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

cactushan wrote:
    this forum is getting worse every time i read it its funny that it just seems to be one particular person that is causing this :mad:

And that person is????Theres a button called "report post" on every post.My suggestion is USE IT.I get an automatic email about every reported post and try my best to check every single one.I was out of action yesterday so if there is a problem report it.
    Richie

Its common sense. Would you get pierced somewhere that you were told had a bad rep. No.Just because you talk to the people there doesn't make it any better. Another problem people have with it. Is the fact that they care very little about age in there. Ringing someones parents doesn't count, because as was pointed out, you can easily can get a friend to pick up the phone. I personally will get myself pireced somewhere that is strict about age. So i am going to wait those few months until I'm 18 and get myself pierced in a reputable place

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

This thread is getting out of hand.On the first page of this I posted that I didnt agree with a poll being put up about someones business.And I still dont!!

I also dont agree with people posting that the place is a "kip" without ever being pierced there.Thats just keeping the so called BAD REP going.Next person to post "I know someone who got this done there and their (insert body part here) fell off is getting banned for good.
    Ive already suggested this a few pages back that the only peopl I wanted opinions from were those who were pierced there themselves.

So no more anecdotal evidence of the so called "kip"

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

i got pierced there,and yes it got very badly infected and caused a serious amout of pain.
    i loved the fact that they pierced me underage and all,but that was the only reason i went there,and boy did i regret it.
    i also had my eyebrow done there and it fell out much faster than it sould have and left a very nasty scar. 3 friends of mine also got their navels done there. all of them were done too deep and crooked and got infected (and not from lack of care)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Matthew and Cactushan, stop picking on SM666 or you'll get a temporary ban. He's had piercings done in the GSA so he's entitled to his opinions - probably more so than both of you who only have anecdotal evidence that the place is 'dodgy'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Blub2k4 wrote:
    I was gonna comment on this yesterday and today thought I had to, but what piercing studio covers a fresh piercing?
    It is not the done thing.

Well, when I got my navel + nipples pierced they put a gauze dressing on the piercings, and told me to keep it on for the rest of the day til the swelling went down a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Smiley :)
    Birthday:
    October 13, 1989

Strokesa
    Birthday:
    October 16, 1989

Nuff said.
    Meh...dont be so ageist. I dont really think age has anything to do with it. All I'm saying is i havent heard of any problems with it, and i have got stuff done there. So i think my opinion is just as valid as anybody elses who may be older than me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

eth0_ wrote:
    Matthew and Cactushan, stop picking on SM666 or you'll get a temporary ban. He's had piercings done in the GSA so he's entitled to his opinions - probably more so than both of you who only have anecdotal evidence that the place is 'dodgy'.

Well said. BTW spoke the my M8(THE OWNER) Said he wasn't interested in havin a look. Said he'd been down this road before and nasy comments about diseases sickened him, H esimply said ppl are entilted to thier opinions and business is booming. So there ya go folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Strokesa wrote:
    Meh...dont be so ageist. I dont really think age has anything to do with it. All I'm saying is i havent heard of any problems with it, and i have got stuff done there. So i think my opinion is just as valid as anybody elses who may be older than me.
    Fair enough but IMHO the piercing industry in Ireland should be regulated like the alcahol industry...

If a 14 - 16 year old goes into a place, GSA for example, and gets a piercing and comes home to parents who'll, for want of another word, disown them then that piercing studio is in the wrong...

I, personally, don't think under 18's should be allowed to get pierced, maybe if they have their parents with them, but otherwise I think it should be 18 and up...

But that's just my opinion...

Does he not have quams(sp?) about piercing underage people? It is a well known fact that people go to GSA or Ms. Fantasia's if they are underaged and want to be pierced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

I actually got permission. I think its just easier, some people do it to rebel or whatever but not all teenagers do. I just wanted to get it done so i figured i might as well ask so i wouldnt be made take it out.

I have a feeling my opinion still isnt being considered valid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

Does he not have quams(sp?) about piercing underage people? It is a well known fact that people go to GSA or Ms. Fantasia's if they are underaged and want to be pierced

TBH the age thing only came up stringly in the last few posts i think, and i never mentioned it. But i will ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Yet another tattoo's/piercing thread that has degraded to another "Ageist" rant.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement