Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

peircing in limerick city

Options
  • 21-11-2004 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Wheres the best and cheapest place in limerick city to get peirced? Im getting my belybutton done, does anyone know what prices are normally like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

http://www.tattooireland.com/index2.asp

Danny Bullmans place on Thomas Street - he mainly does tatoos but there is a piercing section on the site if you wanna take a look.

Get a tatoo when you're in =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Skellington

Spunky wrote:
    Wheres the....cheapest place....to get peirced?
    if you go down this road, there might be painful consequences...such as infection. ya get what ya pay for with piercings, so if ya want it bad enough forget the cost and go to reputable piercers.
    but thats just my opinion and its yer body, so i cant make ya do anything. :(

PunK04 wrote:
    if you go down this road, there might be painful consequences...such as infection. ya get what ya pay for with piercings, so if ya want it bad enough forget the cost and go to reputable piercers.
    but thats just my opinion and its yer body, so i cant make ya do anything. :(

Bullmans place is safe and very clean from what I've seen in his studio, he's very well know around the Limerick area, gets lots of business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Bullmans place is safe and very clean from what I've seen in his studio, he's very well know around the Limerick area, gets lots of business.

He wasn't commenting on Bullmans but on the fact that he was looking for "cheapest" piercer and how this is not the criterion to use to pick a piercer.

Blub2k4 wrote:
    He wasn't commenting on Bullmans but on the fact that he was looking for "cheapest" piercer and how this is not the criterion to use to pick a piercer.

I know! Whats your point?

I wasnt criticising what Punk04 said, I was simply informing Spunky that Bullmans has a good clean gaf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

It looked like you had misunderstood his intention, so if you are just repeating yourself what is your point? Do you think we misread you the first time or something? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Where ever you do end up going, I'd recommend staying away frmo foxes bow. I just go up to dublin at this stage if I want to get a piercing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭xXxhotstuff xXx

i got my bellybutton done in bullmans and it costs €50 there.. i also found all the staff there are lovely and very helpful and hygienic!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭mossy619

ive got 2 tattoos and my tongue done in a place called bohemian girl in tipperary for half the prices of anywhere in limerick.my tongue cost me 20 quid adn its a professional place very well run and well known in tipperary..so if your looking for a quality at a very reasonable price go to bohemian girl in tipperary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭xXxhotstuff xXx

mossy619 wrote: »
    ive got 2 tattoos and my tongue done in a place called bohemian girl in tipperary for half the prices of anywhere in limerick.my tongue cost me 20 quid adn its a professional place very well run and well known in tipperary..so if your looking for a quality at a very reasonable price go to bohemian girl in tipperary

2 of my friends got their tongues pierced in bohemian girl on the same day and 1 of them had to get it cut out after a day because her tongue swelled up so much she couldnt breath. the other had no problems at all and was even eating solids that night. the 1 that had to get it cut out got a plastic bar in and the other got a metal 1, would this have made any difference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

There's no way they should have put a plastic bar into a new piercing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

im not so sure... my neck ones are done in ptfe, which looks just like a plastic bar, and it's healed up great so far, about another week or so to go (maybe longer, cos i've just contracted a bastard of a cold), and, particularly for surface piercings, my piercer will try to use ptfe wherever possible, he hates metal bars.

duno about tongue, mind you, but there's my 2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 eyeballkid06

There's no way they should have put a plastic bar into a new piercing!!!

They would have used ptfe,which is perfect for initial piercings,the healing is much faster and usually the swelling isn`t as bad with it. Titanium is also used at The Bohemian Girl. I know the place very well as do a lot of people I knw. That person was just unlucky with the swelling or it`s possible they had a little panic when the swelling started. People often do.
    They look after you really well there and there`s a great aftercare policy with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Thread ressurection 5 months later... O_o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Thread ressurection 5 months later... O_o

And it was a thread that started off 4 years ago! It's the zombie thread that keeps on going...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

and going and going and going and going............ Sorry, had to say it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Had a nipple piercing done in Danny Bulmans, nice clean place and all, the guy who pierced me was a bit rough and unsympathetic haha! Also had a nipple pierced (same one, first time round) in that place near foxes bow, no complaints there either, both places - 50 bucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

Dave wrote: »
    Where ever you do end up going, I'd recommend staying away frmo foxes bow. I just go up to dublin at this stage if I want to get a piercing.

Mike in Foxes Bow did my bellybutton and i found him great...... each to their own i suppose

Advertisement