Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Checking Stability

Options
  • 21-11-2004 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering...
    When you guys are at the increasing FSB/HTT stage of of overclocking, how often do you check stability?
    Because running Prime95 for 8 hours every time you increse by the FSB by 2Mhz would seem to be REALLY time-consuming

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Test the memory with memtest first personally. Then I find the limits of cpu by testing a few games/superpi/memory bandwidth like sandra or everest and see where it becomes unstable while running any of them. Then a few game benchmarks and when I'm happy it's stable (ish) then I'll run prime. Depending how quickly it craps out I'll lower the oc or up volts a little and try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

u can try the cpu tests in SANDRA loop it for maybe 20 or more times for a quick check if u dont wana run prime95 for ages, games are a good indication aswell

Advertisement