Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this sig satisfactory?

Options
  • 21-11-2004 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,896 ✭✭✭✭

Due to one or two complaints i got regarding an animated gif in my signature, i changed it!

Is this sig satisfactory? A bit big?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Your not supposed to have both text and image, but most people do.... (Me included)
    Cloud wrote:
    For text signatures: 4 lines normal size OR 8 lines small size, and up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. Do not use the [These tags removed to stop my post buggering up] [these tags removed to stop my post buggering up] tags.

For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size. No animated images are allowed.

So the text is withinh the limits for a text sig, but the image is a little too big for an image sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,896 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Changed the image size.... now it just looks weird!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

It's a bit big alright :(
    Tip: use the [size] tags around that text to make it smaller, try size=1.
    Example: {size=1}Text here{/size} ( replace {} with [] )

Less is more. ;)

Also I think a good idea would be to have the sig rules clearly visable in the same control panel page that you actually edit your sig in... there seems to be some confusion still.

SantaHoe wrote:
    Also I think a good idea would be to have the sig rules clearly visable in the same control panel page that you actually edit your sig in... there seems to be some confusion still.

I definantely agree with you there... didn't realise it was against the rules to have animated gif's in your sig til i got some negative rep about it.

Now, that sig should be alright...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

The one you're using now is no bigger than any of the other sigs I've seen around.
    If it's still too big, you could use something like the attached pic. Although technically it's too wide and breaks the sig rules :rolleyes: but something along those lines.

SantaHoe wrote:
    The one you're using now is no bigger than any of the other sigs I've seen around.
    If it's still too big, you could use something like the attached pic. Although technically it's too wide and breaks the sig rules :rolleyes: but something along those lines.
    Cheers SantaHoe, might just use that! Thanks again!

Was thinking of some way to have the text alongside the picture like that.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Almost all my other sigs surpass 300px wide, to about 400px (all had a height of about 90px), I used to have em no problem, but the rules tightened up about a year ago.

It'll undoubtedly be removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I personally don't see any problem with it. It does not push his message off the screen to the right like some that I have seen

It is below the 20kb limit.

and its not too tall either. It is roughly the same size as one of the banner adverts.

Advertisement