Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone played the killzone demo?

Options
  • 21-11-2004 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭

I picked it up free in game when i got my copy of halo 2, and tbh, its really not as bad as its being made out to be. (Ate lest from the demo, it isnt).
    Its a dumb shooter at its best really. The AI is absolutely terrible, but theres some really nice touches that make you feel more 'in' the game, like the frantic reloading animations, the melee attacks, etc. As for people complaining about how facial textures appear on characters only when youre up clost to them, well the same thing happens in halo 2's cutscenes and it doesnt stop that being a good game. Basically, with HL2, Halo 2 and killzone all coming out around the same time, killzone is definitely the runt of the litter, but by no means a terrible game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

the demo just seemed too slow as did the turning and aiming speed

i was hoping for sometrhing alot better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

I didnt like the demo one bit-slow,juddery and with incredibley awful AI-not a great indicator of what the actual game will be like.So over-hyped its not funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

yeah, i know it wasnt exactly spectacular, and its completely over hyped, but its got decent atmosphere, good action (even if the ai is retarded). Its not quite the disaster most people say it is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

ah it is really! and yes it happens in halo 2s cut scenes but not in game. ps2 just cant hack it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Some people can be so blinkered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

evad_lhorg wrote:
    ah it is really! and yes it happens in halo 2s cut scenes but not in game. ps2 just cant hack it!
    Tbh i noticed it ingame in halo2 also. Yesterday the models didnt even appear at all. I had guns floating in mid air following me and shooting lol. It was pretty funny :)

Advertisement